Best PC FPS games of the last few years

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Borderlands 2 is on Steam for $10. I'm not a huge FPS fan (I do like Warframe, but that is over the shoulder), but I want to get used to playing them again since Destiny looks so good. Steam also has a version with all the DLC's added on, are any of those so good that they make the original game better, or can I just ignore them all?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
ME Trilogy, Dues Ex, Borderlands are the best at what they do. ME MP is amazing fun and Dues Ex story was full of enjoyment. I've never played Far Cry series so I cannot comment on it but it's supposedly pretty good too.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Tiny Tina's and Torgue are awesome DLC's. The rest are whatever, but still mostly pretty good. Tiny Tina's is a must though and is way better than the base game.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Borderlands 2 is on Steam for $10. I'm not a huge FPS fan (I do like Warframe, but that is over the shoulder), but I want to get used to playing them again since Destiny looks so good. Steam also has a version with all the DLC's added on, are any of those so good that they make the original game better, or can I just ignore them all?
You can get a mod to make a toggle key from first to third person for BL2 if you like as well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Tiny Tina's and Torgue are awesome DLC's. The rest are whatever, but still mostly pretty good. Tiny Tina's is a must though and is way better than the base game.
I wouldn't say it's better than the base game, because you have to play the base game for any of the story connections to be meaningful.

It does help resolve the events of the base game though.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand the hate for Max Payne 3. Over the last few years there have been very few games I liked enough to finish. MP3 was one of them. It may have something to do with Man on Fire being my favorite movie of all time.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Have you played MP 2 ? That's like saying Deus Ex 2 was a decent game, sure it wasn't unplayable, but it was steaming pile of shit next to the first one.