Best PC RPGS of the last decade

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like Skyrim. I didn't want to, but I would give that game a 9.5. I just loved the feeling of exploration and delving into a new story every day.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The new Shadowrun is pretty fun. Its RPG w/tactical turned-based combat. Very linear and straighforward, but an interesting sci-fi storyline. It's basically talk to NPCs for 20 minutes, then go do your strategic battles for an hour, then repeat, but it's solid. Plus it's what, like $20? I'd probably give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 if it were a full $50 game, as a $20 game it's easily a 7 or 8. It's worth 20 bucks.

http://www.ign.com/games/shadowrun-returns/pc-131401

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Why did people like DA:O so much.I've bought it twice now(once for Xbox, and once for PC) and I just don't get it.It's a 8at best. The story is just so boring. The only thing that is interesting in that game is the veil.

/donsflame retardedsuit.
Not sure if serious?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Fallout: New Vegas
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines.
Star wars knights of the old republic 1/2
Deus ex 1/3
Morrowind

Definitely not understanding the love with Fallout & Dragon Age.

Fallout 3 was probably the most generic, simple, uninteresting FPS RPG i've ever played.

Dragon Age is hands down the most boring game i've ever played.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Name a single FPS RPG better than Fallout 3 made in the last decade?

You have to go all the way back to some classics like the early Might & Magic games, and stuff like Betrayal at Krondor or Ultima Underworld to find a better FPS RPG in my opinion. Or for Sci-Fi, the first Deux Ex, or System Shock 2. Also both way over a decade old.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
True, the difficulty was definitely not set up well in Fallout 3. The only real challenge I had in the game was running into all those goddamn fire ants early in the game with nothing but a baseball bat and a pistol.

Once you get above like level 10, you're just an invincible killing machine

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I thought what you guys said about fo3 was totally and completely ridiculous but then I realized I don't remember playing fo3 without tons of mods that made the game extremely challenging to even survive in.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Name a single FPS RPG better than Fallout 3 made in the last decade?

You have to go all the way back to some classics like the early Might & Magic games, and stuff like Betrayal at Krondor or Ultima Underworld to find a better FPS RPG in my opinion. Or for Sci-Fi, the first Deux Ex, or System Shock 2. Also both way over a decade old.
Deus Ex HR was way more immersive, though it was FPS/TPS. Fallout 3 was held together by pieces of string at some points and the damn engine still can't do platforming right. The high point of the game was definitely Point Lookout for me.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vampire the Masquerade - just apply the patch you won't be disappointed. Great game. Totally wish It had not had such poor sales and a bug ridden start - we'd have had sequels.
Bloodlines is great as well, with unofficial patches / mods. Shame it was released with huge bugs (mansion glitch corrupting your saves, etc).

Raign

Golden Squire
Why did people like DA:O so much. I've bought it twice now (once for Xbox, and once for PC) and I just don't get it. It's a 8 at best. The story is just so boring. The only thing that is interesting in that game is the veil.

/dons flame retarded suit.
I liked it because it is one of the few games that was actually a challenge. On the hardest level, it was BRUTAL. Most games, especially recent rpg/action rpgs cater to to the lowest common denominator and even on 'hard' there is no real challenge. I love a game that I need to work through how to beat the fights.

To the OP, Star Control 2 still stands up as one of the best Sci-fi action rpgs, if you have not tried it I highly recommend it. X-com: Enemy Unknown is solid (though turn based), and as others have said Deus Ex, Fall Out, Borderlands are all decent time sinks as well.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
X-wing vs. Tie Fighter was released in 97. Yeah, we're getting old. Deal with it.

True, the difficulty was definitely not set up well in Fallout 3. The only real challenge I had in the game was running into all those goddamn fire ants early in the game with nothing but a baseball bat and a pistol.

Once you get above like level 10, you're just an invincible killing machine
Let's be fair, the entire RPG genre has never really been known for it's difficulty. As Tuco said, it takes about 3 days of installing, cleaning, testing and mix-matching mods to turn any of the Bethesda games into anything remotely resembling a challenge and even then you still have to artificially gimp yourself to not take advantage of pathing abuse and ranged attacks.

DA:O was awesome because it was one of the first non-JRPG's released in a long fucking time worth actually playing for more then 20 minutes and if there's anything I'm sick to fucking death of it's playing as an effeminate 17 year old coming to terms with his balls dropping while using the power of group hugs to defeat the secret-secret-secret bad guy who was pulling the strings all along.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Wizardry is only as hard as your tolerance for sitting there for 6 hours rerolling to get the perfect party.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is Morrowind the last decade? If so, that's a no brainer for me. Easily my favorite single player rpg of all time.

Dark Souls is up there as well, and the best game (by far) from the last generation.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't really consider Dark Souls a RPG, I mean it has RPG elements, but so do every fucking game nowadays, even Call of Duty and shit have xp+progression. Dark Souls is first and foremost an action game, the main point of the game is the combat, not the story(which is fairly inexistent even though the lore is fairly deep if you read all the text and shit). To me RPG=story, if there's no or simplified story, it doesn't qualify. Not to say Dark Souls wasn't one of the greatest game of the past 10years, just I don't see it as a RPG. Action RPG maybe.

Vampire The Masquerade was a good suggestion, not sure it's less than 10years ago though. Mass Effect/DA:O were alright. Witcher 2 was pretty good, looking forward to the 3rd next year or whenever that is.

I thought what you guys said about fo3 was totally and completely ridiculous but then I realized I don't remember playing fo3 without tons of mods that made the game extremely challenging to even survive in.
Fo3 was also a bugged piece of shit at release and you had to wait ~1 year for Bethesda to fix everything
Fo3 New Vegas on the other hand was really solid thanks to Obsidian Entertainment handling the project

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't really consider Dark Souls a RPG, I mean it has RPG elements, but so do every fucking game nowadays, even Call of Duty and shit have xp+progression. Dark Souls is first and foremost an action game, the main point of the game is the combat, not the story(which is fairly inexistent even though the lore is fairly deep if you read all the text and shit). To me RPG=story, if there's no or simplified story, it doesn't qualify. Not to say Dark Souls wasn't one of the greatest game of the past 10years, just I don't see it as a RPG. Action RPG maybe.

Vampire The Masquerade was a good suggestion, not sure it's less than 10years ago though. Mass Effect/DA:O were alright. Witcher 2 was pretty good, looking forward to the 3rd next year or whenever that is.
I don't know what makes an RPG for you, seeing how Dark Souls even has two completely different story paths and you can alter Anor Londo or not if you please.