Best phone games?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Reading through this whole forum sucks.

Just joined the smartphone revolution 10 years late.

Which games are any good?

Good mobile ports of old games also count.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Most (all?) of the Final Fantasy ports have been good. I've only done a couple personally.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Some of the Final Fantasy games made for mobile are really good too. I love Final Fantasy Record Keeper, but seems more people prefer Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. Both are typical phone games, in that they're free2play but try to get you to spend cash, but both are very free2play friendly compared to most phone games.

Pokemon Go, of course.

Hearthstone and some other CCGs can be played on mobile, no MtGA tho unfortunately.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I play a game called Lionheart Datk Moon. It's pretty fun and you can make progress without buying things.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Best ports:

Final Fantasy Tactics hasn't aged. It's still perfect.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has aged a bit, but it's still fun.

Final Fantasy IX was re-mastered. Best update to a great classic.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Can someone help me out with the name of this genre, if there even is one? I had a game on my phone like 4 years ago that was almost perfect, but don't remember what it's called.

It's a side-view game where you field a team of champions that push towards the other side, automatically fighting and using abilities. I liked it because the hands-on gameplay was selecting your team and skills/upgrades, but the actual combat was mostly hands-off and you could just watch.

Any good games like that that DON'T have in-app purchases?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
King's Raid? But it is only 2 years old. Thread a couple posts down, and it is literally what you are describing, although for all I know, that could be every cell phone game.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
There are no good phone games unless you spend money, and nearly every one is a cash grab pay to win monstrosity.

It doesn't mean you can't get some enjoyment out of them -- but you'll never, ever, ever be even remotely competitive without paying.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
King's Raid? But it is only 2 years old. Thread a couple posts down, and it is literally what you are describing, although for all I know, that could be every cell phone game.
Newp
Screenshot_20190213-152407_Google Play Store.jpg

There are no good phone games unless you spend money, and nearly every one is a cash grab pay to win monstrosity.

It doesn't mean you can't get some enjoyment out of them -- but you'll never, ever, ever be even remotely competitive without paying.
I definitely don't mind buying the game outright, but not even going to take a second look at something that "lets" you pay for unlocks, actions, jew gold, etc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Another Eden

this one from some of the guys that made Chrono Trigger is actually pretty great. there is some gatcha stuff involved but barely. it's really story heavy tho, not good for short sessions, need at least like 20 minutes at a time.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I recently picked up The Room. Was well worth the dollar. It's a puzzle escape room game. Highly recommend to kill 3 hours.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is the only one that's held my interest, been playing for nearly 4 years.

F2P friendly, starts very easy but has VERY challenging bosses in the endgame, weekly updates at minimum, sometimes twice a week. Massive nostalgia points for a Final Fantasy fan seeing everything recreated in SNES sprites with the music.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Can someone help me out with the name of this genre, if there even is one? I had a game on my phone like 4 years ago that was almost perfect, but don't remember what it's called.

It's a side-view game where you field a team of champions that push towards the other side, automatically fighting and using abilities. I liked it because the hands-on gameplay was selecting your team and skills/upgrades, but the actual combat was mostly hands-off and you could just watch.

Any good games like that that DON'T have in-app purchases?

If you're on android you can go back and see apps you've downloaded/owned since the beginning

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Might as well ask in here with Mist.

I'm looking for a decent Android tactical combat game. I played Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes a while back but gave up. I liked the combat in it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I have a friend who hadn't played a video game in 10 years and suddenly decided to click on a facebook ad for a game called "Guns of Glory", then proceeded to get addicted and spend $30,000 in two months on in game purchases, so I assume that game is pretty good.

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love the Kingdom Rush series although the newest game is disappointingly easy. Are there any other good tower defense games? I've downloaded a few and they were complete trash compared to Kingdom Rush.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Pokemon Go for the fun social network in your area, but you're an autistic, depressed pessimist, so never mind

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love the Kingdom Rush series although the newest game is disappointingly easy. Are there any other good tower defense games? I've downloaded a few and they were complete trash compared to Kingdom Rush.
Just got Kingdom Rush, and it's not bad. I kinda like how they pick where you can put towers so you just have to figure out the puzzle of what towers to put where.

Which one is the best Kingdom Rush?

• 2Like