Better Call Saul

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
suspension of disbelief is the term I learned.

I imagine only people who have watched BB recently would even notice. You know, other than how old mike looks right now.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I assume there is some level of "suspended belief" when it comes to age, especially if Pinkman makes an appearance. (He would be mid teens?)
He was born in 89 so unless they time skip he'll be 13. If they tried to pull that off with Aaron Paul it might be the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of TV.

spronk

FPS noob
I wished they explained more on Walt and Gretchen's family vacation blow-out.
Vince Gilligan talked about it a few days ago while talking about BCS
Vince Gilligan Finally Reveals Why Walter White Left Gray Matter

The problem with this season of BCS is that Mike and his travails are far, far, far more interesting than the white people problems of Jimmy and Kim. I mean, hell, we all know Mike lives but I was on the edge of my seat wondering "OH SHIT IS MIKE GONNA DIE" in the night scene. Unless Kim is gonna show us her titties I just couldn't care less about any weird loyalty issues she has or whether she is a scumbag lawyer at HHM or MHH or HMH or whatever. Really the same with Saul, I'm interested in his journey to Saul but the minutiae and watching Ann Veal hover over Jimmy is boring.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Mike stuff is pure gold... but even then we know he is not in any real danger, nor is his grand daughter/daughter in-law. Jimmy and Kim, they walked back all the character growth from the end of last season and they are both still dealing with the same issues they ever did.

When everyone knows the character's end point, it really limits the impact of the stories you can tell to get them there. It is a problem of the prequel. It is still some of the most expertly made TV on TV, they just need to take off the reins and let the show run. We want Saul.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Definitely agree that Mike's the best part and we need less Kim and more Jimmy doing Saul shit.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Vince Gilligan talked about it a few days ago while talking about BCS
Vince Gilligan Finally Reveals Why Walter White Left Gray Matter
Ya, I had a co-worker try to tell me roughly something like this but they were referring to some short outtake from the series. I could never find what video they were talking about, wasnt sure if it was from the dvd set or something else like an online short.

Wasnt sure if they made it up or I just couldnt find the video. But they were stating that Walt went with Gretchen to her family's vacation home, during that visit her mom and dad were disapproving of Walt not being like Elliot. Seemed Elliot was white bread without crust. Meaning he was from upscale like Gretchen and Walt was just common. Walt took it hard and just left, cut and ran from anything to do with Gretchen and Elliot.

What they said fit at the time but I would have liked to have seen the outtake on this. Everything I found on this never supported anything of the sort but for what series gaps of info gave you.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely agree that Mike's the best part and we need less Kim and more Jimmy doing Saul shit.
The show is great, but it's primarily due to writing/acting/directing- not story. They are trying to do too much and we are missing that tight/focused/driven plot we got with BB and (to a lesser extent) BCS last season.

Right now, this is really two separate shows. The first show is about how a grizzled retired cop keeps getting drawn into a life of violence and crime (despite his efforts not to). The second show is a legal drama about a lawyer who "can't help himself," his perennially disappointed older brother, and his confused/disaffected some-time love interest. The Kim angle (IMO) seems like an obvious grab to get more female interest in the series. Still a great show and I would expect them to be able to bring things together nicely before too long.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I like the actress who plays kim, so I'm good with her story.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole non-Mike story is still good enough for me to watch it. It's just that Mike's story is so incredibly good that we want as much of it as possible.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Would let Kim Wexler rape me, fine with her on screen. Gilligan is a genius, that shit will end insanely and be worth it.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Would let Kim Wexler rape me, fine with her on screen. Gilligan is a genius, that shit will end insanely and be worth it.
I'd be willing to bet she owns more than 1 strap on. I mean the actress, not the character.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd be willing to bet she owns more than 1 strap on. I mean the actress, not the character.
Actress (Rhea Seehorn) is 43 and looks amazing, for reference Skylar (anna gun) was the same age when Breaking Bad first aired.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Actress (Rhea Seehorn) is 43 and looks amazing, for reference Skylar (anna gun) was the same age when Breaking Bad first aired.
And im perfectly ok with it as long as she doesnt turn into Skylar in personality or looks. Pretty well described in below video around the 1:30 mark: