Better Call Saul

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why is Hoss still so desperately trying to be funny and edgy all over the forums. Give it up bro nobody has laughed at a post you have made yet, they aren't going to start now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it simply doesnt make much sense if you love this show yet adamantly refuse to watch breaking bad. its basically the same show with the same show runner based on breaking bad characters. its like saying you love a bacon cheeseburger, but you hate bacon, cheese and meat.

its understandable if you just havent seen breaking bad yet but want to after watching BCS.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol, Imagine watching Episode iv,v,vi. You wait a few many years, then Episode i get's released.

Only it's good, you're like muther fucker, this is so good, i'm going to cry.

That's how normal people are feeling now, we've all watched BB, and now we're getting the Episode i, that we deserve, and we're going to cry.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They've jumped pretty far in the past. He has a reputation as Saul in BB, meaning he's been 'Saul' for awhile at that point.
Yeah. For perspective on this just think about how hard he's trying to do the right things currently and compare it alongside something like what he he told Walt and Jessie during BB they should consider doing if Badger went to prison (I won't elaborate further than that).

Except they are NOT the same show.
No, they really aren't. So far I think it's safe to say they are of the same quality, but they aren't alike. BB was darker, much darker. Walt and Jessie both challenged the audience in different ways to like them. Skylar challenged your ability to sympathize with her (I failed). It's hard to not either like or sympathize with Saul as Jimmy.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why is Hoss still so desperately trying to be funny and edgy all over the forums. Give it up bro nobody has laughed at a post you have made yet, they aren't going to start now.
I'll have you know that at least 3 people have found a post of mine funny. Read my nets if you don't believe me.

It's hard to not either like or sympathize with Saul as Jimmy.
It probably helps me that I just like Bob Odenkirk. I don't know why exactly, it's not like he's had any great roles that I can remember before this. But I've liked him ever since I saw him on that comedy show with David Cross. Maybe it's just that name. Oden-Kirk. 2 gods smushed into 1.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Lol, Imagine watching Episode iv,v,vi. You wait a few many years, then Episode i get's released.

Only it's good, you're like muther fucker, this is so good, i'm going to cry.

That's how normal people are feeling now, we've all watched BB, and now we're getting the Episode i, that we deserve, and we're going to cry.
Was gonna post a big WAT, then reread you post lol.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It probably helps me that I just like Bob Odenkirk. I don't know why exactly, it's not like he's had any great roles that I can remember before this. But I've liked him ever since I saw him on that comedy show with David Cross. Maybe it's just that name. Oden-Kirk. 2 gods smushed into 1.
Odenkirk was pretty awesome in the Fargo TV show. But you're probably too cool to watch that too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah. For perspective on this just think about how hard he's trying to do the right things currently and compare it alongside something like what he he told Walt and Jessie during BB they should consider doing if Badger went to prison (I won't elaborate further than that).

No, they really aren't. So far I think it's safe to say they are of the same quality, but they aren't alike. BB was darker, much darker. Walt and Jessie both challenged the audience in different ways to like them. Skylar challenged your ability to sympathize with her (I failed). It's hard to not either like or sympathize with Saul as Jimmy.
breaking bad wasnt just walt and jessie. saul was also a breaking bad character and so was mike. both act he same way in BCS. same people who did BB are doing BCS. this show is just like breaking bad without the megalomaniac meth making plot.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
breaking bad wasnt just walt and jessie. saul was also a breaking bad character and so was mike. both act he same way in BCS. same people who did BB are doing BCS. this show is just like breaking bad without the megalomaniac meth making plot.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Odenkirk was pretty awesome in the Fargo TV show. But you're probably too cool to watch that too.
I liked Fargo, but hey you had no way of knowing that. It's not like there was a thread about it on this board that we both participated in.

Actually, since the first episode I've been saying this show reminds me of fargo and that's one of the things I like about it. I can't put my finger on why, but it's probably the pacing

Sterling

El Presidente
When people are saying they love this show but refuse to watch Breaking Bad it feels a lot like the jackasses that refuse to read the Song of Ice and Fire books in the Game of Thrones threads. Not a lot of sense to either of these stances.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When people are saying they love this show but refuse to watch Breaking Bad it feels a lot like the jackasses that refuse to read the Song of Ice and Fire books in the Game of Thrones threads. Not a lot of sense to either of these stances.
Actually no it's different, BCS is a spinoff of the main series BB, while GOT(HBO) is a tv adaptation of a 20year book series

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really liked this week's episode, just caught it last night as I've been really busy.

The little Mike stealing money montage along with the wife's reaction next day was priceless. Feel bad for the husband as I feel like she's the one who pushed him for this. Mothafucka trying to play my man Saul.

Are we really not allowed to post spoilers from a show that ended 1.5 years ago? In a thread of a series based in the same universe? Is this to appease some purist hipsters who refuse to watch the pinnacle of modern day television?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Really liked this week's episode, just caught it last night as I've been really busy.

The little Mike stealing money montage along with the wife's reaction next day was priceless. Feel bad for the husband as I feel like she's the one who pushed him for this. Mothafucka trying to play my man Saul.

Are we really not allowed to post spoilers from a show that ended 1.5 years ago? In a thread of a series based in the same universe? Is this to appease some purist hipsters who refuse to watch the pinnacle of modern day television?
Yeah how dare they not watch True Detective.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Are we really not allowed to post spoilers from a show that ended 1.5 years ago?
I say fuck those motherfuckers. They've had ample opportunity to watch Breaking Bad. It's not like it's 10 seasons of 22 episodes each to catch up on. A person could blow through the entire series in a week if they wanted.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Aren't you a mod?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm just a young gun with a quick trigger finger.

Besides if Tarrant wants to remove stuff, he's going to. I can't resurrect edits

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its real, i already received a warning from Tarrant the other day for just guessing the fate of a character due to my knowledge of breaking bad.