Bicycling

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I was on the far right lane traveling north, he was traveling south and just cut left in front of me and I went straight into the side of his truck.

The speed I hit him at was the pace I was traveling at since he was headed east more or less when I hit him.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, 4 way intersection, I looked back to see if there was someone behind me and when I looked forward I was about ten feet in front of the truck, pretty much had no time to react.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well at least you weren't seriously hurt. Wheels can be replaced. Were you wearing a helmet?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple different pairs of bib shorts been popping up on Chainlove lately for around $50. Hincapie ones up right now for $49.99 in everything but medium. Not bad if you know you're going to need or want new shorts this summer. A few ok jerseys lately too, but nothing I've been compelled to buy.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
That really sucks that you broke one of the most expensive parts of a bike -- the wheelset. Glad to hear you're OK. Hopefully someone saw the incident and contacted the police. You should also check to see if there are any cameras in that intersection. BTW, did you go to the hospital, or are you going to man it up and pray no future damage shows up?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
That really sucks that you broke one of the most expensive parts of a bike -- the wheelset. Glad to hear you're OK. Hopefully someone saw the incident and contacted the police. You should also check to see if there are any cameras in that intersection. BTW, did you go to the hospital, or are you going to man it up and pray no future damage shows up?
No hospital, I've skated for 15~ years now so I know what's just a really painful bruise and what's broken and nothings broke, just deep bruising. Also, no helmet, never have and never will wear one(Unless its a legetimate bike race where it's required).

Yeah, I don't know what I'm gonna do about my wheelset right now, buddy has a spare black b43 he's gonna loan me for a while but not sure if I'm gonna just buy a single wheel ande get it laced or just buy a whole new set.

aseturf_sl

shitlord
1274271819_94358121_1-Pictures-of--Get-Your-New-Cannondale-Caad-9-105-compact-frame-54-56cm-1274271819.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BMC team replica kit, bib shorts and jersey, on chainlove right now for $60, might want to keep eye out for that ham if you'd like a kit to match your bike.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
BMC team replica kit, bib shorts and jersey, on chainlove right now for $60, might want to keep eye out for that ham if you'd like a kit to match your bike.
Where are the rest, I only see the shorts...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chainlove changes, different deal every 20-30 minutes. Other than the medium it didn't look like it was selling out so it will probably pop up again.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Bought my partner the 11spd DuraAce 9xxx series. Looks absolutely beautiful. Still waiting for my Lynskey Ti bike.

I'm going to be in the market for new shoes -- I currently have the Shimano SPD Hybrids that you can wear normal shoes or cycling shoes at the moment. I've been looking at the Speedplays or the normal type of cleats rather than what I have now. Does anyone have any experience with them? I read that for speedplays, you need to always keep cleat covers with you in the event you have to walk in a dirt/rocky road??

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought my partner the 11spd DuraAce 9xxx series. Looks absolutely beautiful.
Oh you gays and your vast disposable incomes. Whole drivetrain? I bet that's smooth as buttered silk.

I'm going to be in the market for new shoes -- I currently have the Shimano SPD Hybrids that you can wear normal shoes or cycling shoes at the moment. I've been looking at the Speedplays or the normal type of cleats rather than what I have now. Does anyone have any experience with them? I read that for speedplays, you need to always keep cleat covers with you in the event you have to walk in a dirt/rocky road??
Do you often end up walking dirt/rocky roads on your road bike? Sounds like something I wouldn't need to care about. Biggest issue with cleats that aren't conducive to walking seems to me to be after ride coffee/pizza/beer type of events. Then again I personally wouldn't be going into a pub or restaurant in my lycra but I'm not openly gay and in the bike crazy/friendly bay area. If I'm throwing on other clothes, even over the lycra, I might as well change shoes too.

I've heard great things about Speedplay though, both road and the less popular "frogs" for MTB. Specifically for MTB the adjustable float that you can't get in other types of pedal.

Let me know if you find a good deal on road specific shoes, I've had my eye out for some forever and just don't want to pay retail like a cheap ass. I ride road with MTB SPD's and touring style recessed cleat shoes like a newb.