Bicycling

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If all you're going to use the bike is in the city, just get a cheap mountain bike. Big wheels means less chances of dying from potholes or tracks. No sense in buying a road bike for the city unless you plan on using it to do more than 10 miles in a single ride. ;o

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If all you're going to use the bike is in the city, just get a cheap mountain bike. Big wheels means less chances of dying from potholes or tracks. No sense in buying a road bike for the city unless you plan on using it to do more than 10 miles in a single ride. ;o
Eh, it's Minneapolis. The trails are cleared of snow before the streets are, and the potholes are fixed faster on the cycling paths than the streets. Normal weekly ride is 15-30 miles on bike paths with beer stops. So any additional riding would be on top of that.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They're both great. The space horse however has a 10 speed which is handy if you plan on actually doing road cycling up big hills with it. Though, I'm not sure what a difference it would make going from 9 to 10 speed. They both utilize size 32 wheels which is great for touring and city.

edit: Just wanted to mention that when I say "touring", I mean over 80 miles/day. How's the comfort level when you ride them? Or is this an online deal?

edit 2: Did a ride this past weekend on my new bike. It's magnificent. Never rode a back so comfortable. The only scary thing is the toe overlap. Went to Fairfax and then up to the reservoir, down, and then up Mt. Tamalpais. Never been able to spin going up hill, lol.

The pedals I do notice a difference going from my SPD mountain bikes to my SIDI road shoes. Did not get speedplays because I didn't want to deal with the shoe covers when I do long distances. Just have to get used to clipping in with these types of cleats.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I'm probably not going to do touring for a long time, need to build toward it (and if/when I start that way, I'll probably end up getting something specifically for it). I've not tried either yet, but I'm going to stop by the bike shop and get measured and try both later next week.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the parts on the AC a little more

I own a Surly and an All City, both ride great. I ride the shit out of my big block though, so I can't recommend their frames enough. It has more miles on it than any other bike I've owned since tracking that sort of thing.

Also have a friend who has a cross check and he loves it. You can't lose with either decision

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I like the parts on the AC a little more

I own a Surly and an All City, both ride great. I ride the shit out of my big block though, so I can't recommend their frames enough. It has more miles on it than any other bike I've owned since tracking that sort of thing.

Also have a friend who has a cross check and he loves it. You can't lose with either decision
Well, bike shop guy just said "Oh, we have a Salsa casseroll sitting here too!"

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
doing this in Houston at the end of the month. if you can't make it out and still want to support a great cause, check my sig
421868_10151283144611570_1467527760_n.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Spring is in full season now pals, had some dude in fully lycra and Zipp's drafting me for 3~ miles today on my way home from work. Fucker seriously was sitting on my wheel the whole time. Time to get my cat6 on.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Better question is, why the hell didn't he just pass you?

Cat6? What the fuck? Is that like 40mph average? lol

Anyone in the Bay area wanna do Marin rides?!

edit: Loving my new bike. First time I was actually able to do an average of 10.8mph with about 32 miles nothing but climbing. When it was flat, went up to 22mph. Getting used to the toe overlap. Not as bad as I thought. Still a little nervous going downhill after flying over my handlebar last summer.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Other than the random deer attack, that looks like an awesome place for a ride.
Its a monster cross race in like central Virginia. They have a single speed mountain bike category. I wanted to go last couple years but didn't really have anyone to go in with me. Its a bit pricey and far for me too, would probably want some people to split a hotel room and party it up afterwords ideally.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Finally did Mt. Diablo here in the Bay area. What a climb. Going downhill was much harder because I still have fears from falling...

63060_10151425657682758_1388084427_n.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, you got some May/September shit going on huh?

Great view. I did a ride when I was out there last summer, out of Berkeley, up Spruce Street, through Wildcat Canyon to this inspiration point place, and back down. Amazing area. You're lucky.

rrr_img_18617.jpg

rrr_img_18618.jpg

rrr_img_18619.jpg

rrr_img_18617.jpg

rrr_img_18618.jpg

rrr_img_18619.jpg

rrr_img_18617.jpg

rrr_img_18618.jpg

rrr_img_18619.jpg