Bicycling

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt he'd be asking the name if they didn't intend to enforce that rule. So you're probably fucked if you can't come up with it. Might be worth a shot to just ask the shop straight up and even admit why, not like he probably wouldn't figure out why anyway.

Maybe the guy you bought it from knows the name of the guy he bought it from? IDK man you might well be fucked.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Shazam!

fatboy-rf1.JPG

Way lighter than the stock cranks, 30T instead of 32 (figured it'd be better for winter) and no spider. These are the RF Turbine Cinches.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I went and watched a cross race with the lady last night, I just don't see how it's fin to get off your bike and run. Probably gonna race next week but I feel very meh about this.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I went and watched a cross race with the lady last night, I just don't see how it's fin to get off your bike and run. Probably gonna race next week but I feel very meh about this.
I plan to join the CX team on base next year. It looks like such a freakin' blast to me, especially if you're filthy and your adrenalin is pumping.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I plan to join the CX team on base next year. It looks like such a freakin' blast to me, especially if you're filthy and your adrenalin is pumping.
I love the riding in mud and getting filthy part, I just don't care for the running. I also really enjoy track which a ten mile race is considered a sufferfest and the cross race I watched was like 40 mins a race which is am eternity.

Disp_sl

shitlord
So I'm sick of clipless pedals and going to get rid of the cleats on these shoes. They're a major problem for me on downhill tech sections and rocks, and I'm taking some nasty spills. I don't know much about shoes and pedals, so can I still use these shoes fine without the cleats and just a normal pedal? Not sure if shoes like that need to be worn with the cleats and clipless pedals.

Amazon.com: Shimano SH-XC50N Mountain Bike Shoe For Men: Sports Outdoors

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What pedals were you running? Shimano SPDs can be loosened up quite a bit if you need quicker release. I understand going with platforms for serious DH or FR but I've done plenty steep and rocky stuff clipped in and never had an issue. Do you have lots of time riding clipless or newer to it?

All that being said, Five Tens and nice platform pedals with good pins are the way to go. I can't imagine those clipless shoes working too well with any sort of platform pedal. I say make the investment and keep the clipless pedals and shoes around somewhere if you ever want to use them for something again. I see Five Tens pop up on Chainlove frequently so they might have some deals on them on Real Cyclist too.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I'm new to them; using for the first time on my new bike that I got 3-ish weeks ago. I have the Shimano SPD's and they're set up loose. I really just need more practice with them, but getting impatient cause I'm eating shit pretty hard at least once a ride.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Took me a while to get used to being clipped in all the time when I started with them. I used to pop one foot out if I was about to do something sketchy, so mentally I felt like I could bail out easier. Now I never pop out and feel like I have way more control over the bike by staying clipped in.

Seventh

Golden Squire
All that being said, Five Tens and nice platform pedals with good pins are the way to go. I can't imagine those clipless shoes working too well with any sort of platform pedal. I say make the investment and keep the clipless pedals and shoes around somewhere if you ever want to use them for something again. I see Five Tens pop up on Chainlove frequently so they might have some deals on them on Real Cyclist too.
This. I have Five Tens and they're awesome. The hype around the stealth rubber is legit, that's definitely the way to go.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Century today - rode this pulling a guy I work with, who's 63. Check the pace - I'll be damned if he didn't keep up with me the entire time.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm new to them; using for the first time on my new bike that I got 3-ish weeks ago. I have the Shimano SPD's and they're set up loose. I really just need more practice with them, but getting impatient cause I'm eating shit pretty hard at least once a ride.
Can you do easier trails for a while until its second nature?

Seventh

Golden Squire
There's no way I'd learn to clip in and out on trails. I clip in on my road bike, but am still uncomfortable on the trail with them. I'm planning to run them on my fatty over the winter and anticipate making plenty of snow angels.

Just get some good flats and Five Tens man.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wish me luck, going to try and get on and at try to ride around the yard tomorrow for the first time since January. I hope it's literally like they say, it's like riding a bike you never forget how lol.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wish me luck, going to try and get on and at try to ride around the yard tomorrow for the first time since January. I hope it's literally like they say, it's like riding a bike you never forget how lol.
Unless your lawn has berms in it, you should be fine.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Unless your lawn has berms in it, you should be fine.
Between January and now I lost the ability to walk, use my left arm and have any balance at all. Got most of it back now.

And yes my lawn is 4 acres and it would have what would be considered berms if they were on the track, but I'm gonna plan on sticking to the flat parts to start
smile.png

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Took me a while to get used to being clipped in all the time when I started with them. I used to pop one foot out if I was about to do something sketchy, so mentally I felt like I could bail out easier. Now I never pop out and feel like I have way more control over the bike by staying clipped in.
I couldn't imagine riding a bike now without being clipped in, I've become so used to it when I dick around on some bike with platforms I almost eat shit from trying to pull up on the pedals.