Bicycling

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
New forum so I get to post my new bike again.

Bought a new 60 stem (not on yet) and was about to buy a rockshox reverb but I read that the hydro cable is too thick to use the internal routing on my frame...wat do

rrr_img_57.jpg

rrr_img_57.jpg

rrr_img_57.jpg

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sweet ride! I got my new Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod with full SRAM Red about a month ago. Already put about 400 miles on it. Only 13lbs with gear. Absolutely LOVING this thing.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have the 2012 -- the one year that they put their most entry level components on it: Tiagras. I am pissed off, lol. I was thinking of putting some new components on it (Ultegra or something), but, after taking a major crash and having some PTSD, I really want a titanium since I know it won't break.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have the 2012 -- the one year that they put their most entry level components on it: Tiagras. I am pissed off, lol. I was thinking of putting some new components on it (Ultegra or something), but, after taking a major crash and having some PTSD, I really want a titanium since I know it won't break.
You should really look into a used set of 105 components. Not as smooth as Dura-Ace or SRAM Red, but will stand the test of time. Not too expensive and tough as nails. My SRAM Red on the Cannondale shifts smooth as silk, but needs a minor adjustment here and there. My 105's on the Specialized get touched at the beginning of season and that's it. 1,000+ miles and still no need to adjust.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
New forum so I get to post my new bike again.

Bought a new 60 stem (not on yet) and was about to buy a rockshox reverb but I read that the hydro cable is too thick to use the internal routing on my frame...wat do
Nice ride. I have an '03 Enduro that has been very good to me the last 10 years. I am starting to think it is time to start looking for a new ride though with all the updates in technology that have happened the last 10 years. Most of the riding I do would be considered "All Mountain" but I also do some XC stuff and once or twice a year I'll find myself on some lifts. Since I can't afford 3 separate bikes and I need something burly enough to handle Whistler while being light enough to do some XC, I pretty much feel that I need a carbon frame, which is also a nice chunk of change. Here is my current ride:
Qglj4l.jpg

Place I ride the most is called Galbraith Mountain. It constantly shows up on lists of best non-lift-accessible terrain in the U.S. Pretty much trails for everyone up there from the XC folks to the free-riders. This video isn't me but gives you a good idea of what is available up there.

Qglj4l.jpg

Qglj4l.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
This is my dream bike right now. Carbon framed Demo 8. It weighs about the same as my current ride so getting up the hill at my favorite mountain wouldn't be to much of a challenge. The suspension probably wouldn't be very conducive to XC stuff though even though the bike is fairly light. I'm also sure that it cost somewhere in the five figure range.
91Gzc.jpg

91Gzc.jpg

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
recently upgraded my BB to a ceramic bearing blackbox and got a king headset (and wrapped bars)

I tossed the brakes on for a trip to Austin, I enjoy the hoods so much though I'm likely leaving this bike as is (outside of races) and just building up a different track bike
all-city-big-block-6886_8.jpg

here's a blurry picture of my roadie
focus-izalco-pro-30-6519_3.jpg

and my polo bike during its early stages
motobecane-polo-track-8405_1.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gonna get a Surly Crosscheck. Local so most of the dealers will do nice deals with excess stock
cross_check_hospital_foam.jpg

Next is a Moonlander, because a fatbike is necessary for snowy commutes.
bikes_moonlander.jpg

Though the Mukluk/Beargrease and Warbird from Salsa look nice too...
Guess I'm a QBP fanboy.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Salsa and Surly make such cool bikes. I got a used El Mariachi frame on ebay recently and built it up with my single speed parts that were on an AL frame. The steel is sooo nice.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
So here's what happens when a car turns left infront of you when you are cruising about 18-20mph.
rrr_img_8254.jpg

rrr_img_8255.jpg

rrr_img_8256.jpg

rrr_img_8259.jpg

rrr_img_8258.jpg

Mashed my face pretty hard into the window too but can't really see the lump due to my Portland beard. Guy pretty much dipped after he made sure I was still alive, he was 100% at fault but I was too in shock to really argue/think properly.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Mashed my face pretty hard into the window too but can't really see the lump due to my Portland beard. Guy pretty much dipped after he made sure I was still alive, he was 100% at fault but I was too in shock to really argue/think properly.
Didn't get a license plate or info or anything? That sucks
frown.png
I guess considering the circumstance at least you came out relatively all right.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Nope, guy was saying I was in the wrong didn't really process what was going on until after he left.