Bicycling

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I miss my bell, I swapped to 31.8 s while ago and haven't cared to get a new one.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My Madone.

Wheels- Reynolds 66/46 Carbon tubulars not shown Climbing wheels Easton EC90 SLX Tubulars with continental competition
Tire- vittoria cx III
Drive Train/component ultegra 6800 this pic has the Compact 50/34 also have 52/36 and 53/39 cranksets
Stages Power Meter
Handlebars Easton EC90 SLX
Saddle in this Pic bontrager paradigm XXX carbon(saddle should be called butt raper) has since switch to fizik antares with a brief stop with the fizik aliante
Stem this Pic FSA OS99 since changed to 3T ARX LTD
Pedals This Pic Time Iclic Carbons since changed to time xpresso 12 titanium
Garmin Edge 500
Bottle cage Bontrager XXX carbon

Bike Fully dressed 58 CM is 6.9 kg about 300 grams less with the Climbing rims on

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A more recent PIC crusing around DC

rrr_img_72554.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you talking about Race Pace? I've bought two bikes from them now, and each time I was unimpressed with their customer service, so I haven't had any desire to go back for any sort of maintenance. I'd rather do it myself via Youtube videos than deal with the people there.
I'm talking about every LBS pretty much. Don't recall getting anything done at RP, but I've bought a couple complete bikes from them. Which is most of what I use LBS's for anyway. Even stuff I don't know how to do I'll figure it out when the time comes. I get my wheels online by hand builders. Other than wheelbuilding and suspension rebuilds I'm pretty self sufficient. I'd probably invest in the parts/set up and do my own suspension rebuilds in the future too, although on the hardtail SS I think I'll go rigid fork whenever my Reba finally blows out.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Beautiful bike, K13R. Did you get a custom made Madone on the Trek website? If so, why didn't you just go with DuraAce?

Seventh

Golden Squire
Did a century today:

OgpYZB9.png

With this elevation profile:

fsfmSeU.png

Beast of a workout, though right around the 98 mile mark my legs were just like "fuck you, asshole". The last ~5 miles were the longest of my cycling life.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
No kidding, I did ~42 miles yesterday and averaged about the same. Thats pretty awesome. 50mph is pretty ballsy too
smile.png

Seventh

Golden Squire
Finally made it toHighland. Holy shit, DH is an absolute blast. Didn't really get any good pics, spent most of the time just riding. Here's the only decent one - not the most interesting but whatever.

I may need a DH bike next season..

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it possible to get a decent beginner bike for $100 - $200? Something to train my calves into riding again? Should I just grab whatever walmart has in stock if it looks like it fits? I feel like I shouldn't throw $1000 at a bike until I am sure on my feet.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Is it possible to get a decent beginner bike for $100 - $200? Something to train my calves into riding again? Should I just grab whatever walmart has in stock if it looks like it fits? I feel like I shouldn't throw $1000 at a bike until I am sure on my feet.
Don't buy a walmart bike. Just check the hell out of Craigslist - older bikes aren't worth much but are still pretty damn good. I picked up an old Cannondale HT for my girlfriend for $250 and the thing is mint. Dated tech, but BB5 brakes, XT components and it rides/shifts perfectly. A lot of people punt on older bikes because they buy them and they collect dust. A buddy of mine got an older road bike with 105 components for $200. Again it's a little heavy, no carbon fork and no modern trimmings (internal cable routing, etc) but it's miles and miles ahead of anything that you'll find at a big box store.

Are you looking for road or trail? If you can up your budget a bit, a lot of brands have great entry level offerings these days,like this $500 Giant, if you're thinking trail.

Edit - a quick check of Craigslist near me, for example:

Older rockhopper for $225

Or for road:

Trek 1200 w/Sora components for $300

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If Craigslist is sparse near you, you can also try to find used bikes at a local bike shop. Last year I found an old Trek mountain bike in great condition for $250.

Disp_sl

shitlord
So I think I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow:Fuel EX 7 29 - Trek Bicycle. My friend is really high on the bike and the shop has got a couple in recently that they're retailing for an awesome price. MSRP is $2629 and they're chopping $500 off. When he went in the owner said he'd sell it for $2k, which would make the Trek Care Plus $150 instead of $360 for over $2k bikes. I'd have to see if I can work them down to that though. I rode it around yesterday and it was a night and day difference between my Trek X-Caliber 8 I've got. Anyone have any experience with one of these, or what do you think of the components? Buddy says it's an amazing bike for the price.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Craigslist is sparse near you, you can also try to find used bikes at a local bike shop. Last year I found an old Trek mountain bike in great condition for $250.
But then you're riding the physical manifestation of someone elses failure and abandoned hopes and dreams. If someone sells their car, there are many reasons. But if someone sells sports equipment, they've given up.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I think I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow:Fuel EX 7 29 - Trek Bicycle. My friend is really high on the bike and the shop has got a couple in recently that they're retailing for an awesome price. MSRP is $2629 and they're chopping $500 off. When he went in the owner said he'd sell it for $2k, which would make the Trek Care Plus $150 instead of $360 for over $2k bikes. I'd have to see if I can work them down to that though. I rode it around yesterday and it was a night and day difference between my Trek X-Caliber 8 I've got. Anyone have any experience with one of these, or what do you think of the components? Buddy says it's an amazing bike for the price.
I have a 2011 EX8 (26") and I love it. Contemplated trying out a 29er for a while now though! These new ones look great.