Big Hero 6 (Marvel/Disney)

Radge_sl

shitlord
Saw it last night, absolutely amazing. I'd even call it better than "The Incredibles", which was pretty much my favorite Pixar movie of all time. Disney Animation has been on a roll lately.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Did they screen "Feast"? It's the latest iteration of the cel technology they demoed in "Paperman". Honestly, I geeked out over Paperman more than the Wreck it Ralph... I actually wanted to see it again right after the movie heh, which ticked off the kids.

Anyways the "preview" for Feast doesn't have the same look as Paperman's but this was an early demo:

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Yeah, they showed Feast before Big Hero 6. Absolutely loved it. Reminds me so much of my dog when he he eats.

The movie was by far the most amazing animated movie I've seen this year. Even better than HTTYD 2. The animation, the style, the plot, everything was so well planned out. Id rank it higher than the incredibles myself. Definately will watch again.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I took my wife and daughter to see this today. We went to the first showing knowing that not many other people would be present. That way if my daughter had an issue (her first time in a movie theater), she wouldn't disrupt others. Looks like a bunch of parents had similar thoughts.

I really enjoyed this movie. Very good (though fast paced) story. If you're a Marvel fan, Stan Lee *IS* in this one. At least his picture is.
For what it's worth, there is also an after credits scene, typical of other Marvel movies.
What's strange about this is I haven't seen it promoted as a Marvel film at all.

Disney continues to hit it out of the park. This is definitely worth going to, no matter if you're young or old. Feast, the 10-15 minute short film before the movie, was very good as well.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Took my 7yo and 4yo (girl and boy respectively), they both enjoyed it. My daughter said she almost cried at the end...not spoiling but you get the idea.

I liked it a lot, my only issue was I thought Hiro was kind of the least interesting character and there was a bit of stereotypicalness in the team members.

But it was a very solid movie, looking forward to the follow-up which doesn't have to focus on origin.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Just got back from seeing it with my son (10) and nephew (13). Both loved it. I must admit, I'm not a huge animated movie person, but i saw Wreck-it-Ralph and one or two others. This movie was pretty awesome. I felt the villain was great. The humor was plenty enough to take the edge off the tension at times. I felt Hiro was a good main character. He was more the leader and his teammates were the muscle. Honestly, they could've just called it "Hiro and Baymax Adventure". I had some minor nit-picks, but they're not worth mentioning as they didn't really take me out of the movie. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's a great action/adventure movie, not just geared towards kids.

One small nit pick though:
Why didn't Hiro just make another neural headband to control the microbots. I mean, he did create them originally and it's later revealed that Callaghan just took them from the science expo. I was hoping they would have a super microbot battle in the finale, similar to how the movie started. Didn't really detract from the movie, but it did cross my mind. And I know it's "because of plot".

Leon

<Silver Donator>
By and large exceeded my expectations. Loved this movie, so did my boys and my wife. I laughed, I choked up a bit (I'm a pussy what do you want from me?). Overall a lot of fun.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
By and large exceeded my expectations. Loved this movie, so did my boys and my wife. I laughed, I choked up a bit (I'm a pussy what do you want from me?). Overall a lot of fun.
Dude, I teared up like a complete bitch during that Feast short before the movie. I wasn't sad at all, but I had a tear quickly run down my face. It was a strange feeling. I need to check my estrogen or something.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw the movie today with my nephew (9yr old), we both enjoyed it a lot. The anti-SJW in me noticed all the white males were bad guys, lol. The extra scene after the credits was great.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't agree that this was better than the Incredibles, but it was a solid movie. It has some faults in my eyes but that is possibly to be attributed to being a kids movie and trying to do way too much in its run time.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This wasn't "Pixar" though. It was just Disney Animations Studios. Pixar's next movie is something called Inside Out. Wiki has this as a description:
"Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Riley (Kaitlyn Dias) is guided by her emotions - Joy (Amy Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school. But when Joy and Sadness get lost, meaning Fear, Disgust and Anger are at the helm, the two have to make it back to headquarters before Riley becomes emotionally unbalanced, while at the same time, the two opposite emotions learn how to coexist and balance themselves in Riley's life."

Aside from that, PIXAR is also working on "The Good Dinosaur", "Finding Dory" (Nemo sequel), "Toy Story 4", "The Incredibles 2" and finally "Cars 3".

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This wasn't "Pixar" though. It was just Disney Animations Studios. Pixar's next movie is something called Inside Out. Wiki has this as a description:
"Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Riley (Kaitlyn Dias) is guided by her emotions - Joy (Amy Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school. But when Joy and Sadness get lost, meaning Fear, Disgust and Anger are at the helm, the two have to make it back to headquarters before Riley becomes emotionally unbalanced, while at the same time, the two opposite emotions learn how to coexist and balance themselves in Riley's life."

Aside from that, PIXAR is also working on "The Good Dinosaur", "Finding Dory" (Nemo sequel), "Toy Story 4", "The Incredibles 2" and finally "Cars 3".
I've seen this already, it was a TV show called Herman's Head.

Not saying it won't still be awesome, but aside from this probably being kid friendly and much better done, it really does sound almost exactly like that show.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, they had an ad for Inside Out at the beginning of BH6 which with my recent psychiatric issues definitely has me more interested than I probably would've a month ago. And my bad on it not being Pixar - they out Pixar'ed Pixar to me I guess.

Monsters Inc had been my favorite Disney computer animated film, and this nudged it out and bumped Incredibles to #3.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Feast was quite good. I had forgotten that it was going to be attached as a short and was pleasantly surprised when it popped up. The only downside was that it instantly made me hungry for all kinds of really terrible (awesome!!) food.