Biggest video game disappointment?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also Mass Effect. Bought it because everyone seems to think it's awesome but as it turns out, I hate cover based shooters. Playstyle just did not agree with me at all.
The first Mass Effect had horrible shooting gameplay.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What is your biggest disappointment when it comes video games?

Mine would have to be Starcraft 2. The original is probably my most played game of all time. For a solid 7 years it was a game I played pretty much once a day. I didnt care at all for competitive play, I exclusively played custom maps; tower defenses, madness maps, good v evil, avp etc. I fucking loved custom maps. I remember when I discovered DOTA in WC3 I specifically went out and bought wc3 just for DOTA.

First was god awful single player campaign. So disjointed and had quite possibly one of the laziest plot twists ever(ray charles saw could of seen tychus was a bad guy).

Second was the fact Blizzard/Activation became greedy fucking assholes and decided to break it into 3 games.

Third and most importantly of course, the absolute abortion that was bnet 2.0 and the overall multiplayer
experience for SC2. Want to try out a new map? Good luck because if it isnt in the top 5 no one is going to play it. Want to talk to people and get info a new map? Lol fuck you no chat feature at launch. Want to have some control over a game and set rules or give info before it starts? Lol fuck you games start automatically.

Waste of 2+ years waiting for this game. Such a disappointment. When HoTS and LoV were announced I did just not care at all.

It rustles my jimmies TO THIS DAY that fucking B.Net 2.0 had significantly and dramatically worse features than Brood War B.Net circa 1998. That were seemingly designed to make custom map play (biggest draw for most players in brood war on b.net) impossible and shitty. How the fuck does that even happen?

I also did not even give a shit about HoTS and LoV. Will likely never play them.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Horizons, it's called Istaria now, could have been but I remember getting beta disc's, glad I never actually bought it... had a very interesting crafting system though, that's about it ...