Bioshock Infinite

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well sure enough reinstalling Steam fixed it... 6 hours of research and never once thought it could be steam.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know that feel, bro
frown.png

frown.png

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Just finished on both hard and 1999 mode and I absolutely loved it. The autosave was only frustrating when I had to stop playing for a bit after putting forth effort into a checkpoint but typically restarting back to it was a minor annoyance.

Went through the first time primarily using a collage of different items/vigors for different situations. During my second playthrough on 99 mode, I focused on melee based gear/upgrades such as:

Primary Vigor - Charge
Hat- Burning Halo
Shirt - Executioner
Pants - Brittle-skinned
Boots - Vampire's Embrace

I pretty much gathered that DeWitt was Comstock and that Elizabeth was going to be his daughter early in the game but the parallel universe/time travel element definitely caught me by surprise. Loved it and appreciated the design of it even more on my second playthrough while looking for subtleties and clues as to the timeline.

I do have a question though, while in the captain's quarters while on the Hand of the Prophet, there is a chalkboard on the wall that looks like it has what might be a clue to the timeline. Was I mistaken, was this something else?
rrr_img_19301.jpg

rrr_img_19301.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just finished on both hard and 1999 mode and I absolutely loved it. The autosave was only frustrating when I had to stop playing for a bit after putting forth effort into a checkpoint but typically restarting back to it was a minor annoyance.

Went through the first time primarily using a collage of different items/vigors for different situations. During my second playthrough on 99 mode, I focused on melee based gear/upgrades such as:

Primary Vigor - Charge
Hat- Burning Halo
Shirt - Executioner
Pants - Brittle-skinned
Boots - Vampire's Embrace

I pretty much gathered that DeWitt was Comstock and that Elizabeth was going to be his daughter early in the game but the parallel universe/time travel element definitely caught me by surprise. Loved it and appreciated the design of it even more on my second playthrough while looking for subtleties and clues as to the timeline.

I do have a question though, while in the captain's quarters while on the Hand of the Prophet, there is a chalkboard on the wall that looks like it has what might be a clue to the timeline. Was I mistaken, was this something else?
rrr_img_19301.jpg
There is also a diorama of prophecies in the first room where you see the exposed statue with the siphon. It shows that Comstock knew exactly what was going to happen, the whole time:

rrr_img_19302.jpg

rrr_img_19303.jpg

rrr_img_19301.jpg

rrr_img_19302.jpg

rrr_img_19303.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought that was just obvious to anyone who played the previous games ...

Sean_sl

shitlord
That is completely wrong. Bioshock was set in the 1940s, Infinite is set in 1912? They're not the same place. Andrew Ryan built Rapture and he is not DeWitt. There's a lot of similarities like Vigors/Plasmids because the scientists in Columbia saw Rapture through tears and basically copied future tech. That's all spelled out in the game.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is completely wrong. Bioshock was set in the 1940s, Infinite is set in 1912? They're not the same place. Andrew Ryan built Rapture and he is not DeWitt. There's a lot of similarities like Vigors/Plasmids because the scientists in Columbia saw Rapture through tears and basically copied future tech. That's all spelled out in the game.
They're definitely allusions of one another and could for sure be versions of the other.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
considering the "constants and variables," yes, the writer would be correct. Doesn't matter, where, when, how, there is always a "city" and a "man."

Sean_sl

shitlord
considering the "constants and variables," yes, the writer would be correct. Doesn't matter, where, when, how, there is always a "city" and a "man."
And that's talking about the events of Columbia and DeWitt's story. Jack & Andrew Ryan's story is completely different. They are not the same thing.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
And that's talking about the events of Columbia and DeWitt's story. Jack & Andrew Ryan's story is completely different. They are not the same thing.
The story is irrelevant....what's important is constants and variables.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The story is irrelevant....what's important is constants and variables.
The events are completely relevant. Those are some retardedly vague "constants" to base a completely wrong theory off of. Columbia and Rapture arebothpart of the history of Bioshock's world. They are not the same events, they are different events that happen in different periods and have some small connections. Columbia is a series of events that happens around the beginning of the century and later in the middle of the century Rapture's events happen. Theybothhappen, it's not one or the other and alternate versions of each other.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The events are completely relevant. Those are some retardedly vague "constants" to base a completely wrong theory off of. Columbia and Rapture arebothpart of the history of Bioshock's world. They are not the same events, they are different events that happen in different periods and have some small connections. Columbia is a series of events that happens around the beginning of the century and later in the middle of the century Rapture's events happen. Theybothhappen, it's not one or the other and alternate versions of each other.
Well obviously they both happen. They're two separate universes. Saying they cannot be the same thing is ridiculous. They absolutely can be and more than likely are. Just because they BOTH happen doesn't mean they aren't the same thing.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I just need to quote Elizabeth directly: there's always a man, a city, a lighthouse.Sometimes, somethings are the same...yet different." If you didn't understand the main objective and theme of the plot, and why Rapture was displayed at the end, well fuck-a-doodle.