Bioshock Infinite

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Bioshock 1 is one of my all time favorite games. No other game since has had that kind of atmosphere or hooked me like the original. The story in my opinion was fine. Yeah the stuff after the twist could of been done better especially the way you turn yourself into a big daddy. The voice acting was top notch as well. Bioshock 2 has better gameplay but the graphics to me were worse than BS1. I was just happy to step into Rapture one more time though.

I still think they should of called the new game Aero Shock..although from the videos it looks like the main guy in this story is from Rapture. There is a quick scene in one of the trailers that shows the Rapture tower in the ocean and a guy in a row boat moving away from it. Might be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

Caliane

yeah, I can't say I understand why they felt then needed the "bio" and that the "shock" wasnt enough to denote the brand.

Yeah, maybe there will be tiein to explain it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I always assumed the first "bioshock" was a reference to plasmids. There are still plasmids in this game but they're called something else.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nod nothing bio about water more than anything else. Biospheres IRL are all landbased for the one's I'm familiar with for example.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Bathyshock" (bathospheres, etc) just doesn't have the same ring. Sounds like taking a shower while your dickhead roommates flush the toilet or something.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
IIRC bio is the latin root for "study of life" or something to do with life. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with water...

Caliane

-ology is "study of". Bio- "being life".

Yeah, plasmids are adam and eve. Adam being the mutagen found in the sea slugs. Eve.. I don't remember exactly what eve was other then the fuel to use the powers, after adam mutated you. Bio definitely is referring to the perversion of life created by tampering with their bodies and minds via Adam.

I think tonics are implied voodoo or something in this one?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Every dev interview I've watched has left me wanting more. I especially like the ones where they discuss how they've handled Elizabeth. I will be extremely shocked if the game turns out to be less than stellar. The only caveat to this might be pacing a la Andrew Ryan Syndrome. It also seems like they're attempting to give the player a ton of freedom and that can have the unfortunate side effect of screwing up the pacing and story delivery.

Nevertheless, this has been my most highly anticipated game for the past two years. I can't wait.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
52% to go for the third Steam preorder reward (free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown).

supertouch_sl

shitlord
if i had to take an educated guess, i'd say "bioshock" refers to peoples' confused responses to these scientific innovations.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Looking forward to this game since it was announced, I really expect to be thoroughly satisfied with the change in atmosphere. Best idea for them was to get away from Rapture and looks like Columbia might just out do Rapture, we'll just have to see. Have a good feeling about Infinite.

Wintermute_sl

shitlord
Just pre-ordered my premium edition. I'd happily pay $20 bucks for a Bioshock art book since the art and ambiance are what has made this series amazing. I absolutely cannot wait to play this game. Why the hate for Bioshock 2? I understand that the first one seemed a bit anti-climactic after Ryan but I thought the gameplay and story in 2 were still really nice and cohesive.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Had to replace my GTX 470. Picked up a 7850hd for 170$. Only bought it because it comes with this and Tomb Raider for free. Basically 100$ worth of games. Hoping this will be as good as Bioshock 1. Wasn't a fan of 2.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had to replace my GTX 470. Picked up a 7850hd for 170$. Only bought it because it comes with this and Tomb Raider for free. Basically 100$ worth of games. Hoping this will be as good as Bioshock 1. Wasn't a fan of 2.
Heh, at this point, even $70 is too much to spend on a Radeon graphics card.* Gamers don't let friends buy Radeons.

*assuming you want to actually play games with it. If you're doing business things, 3d modeling, etc, it's a good buy.