Bioshock Infinite

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
related note:
the key that was given to Booker to free Elizabeth has bird and cage on each side.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also, just wanted to plug current gear setup on 1999 mode. Really it is just the chest piece of Winter Shield and you are most of the way there. The rest is just gravy.

Winter Shield (Brief invuln off of hooks / skyline, brief must be like 10 seconds or so much longer than anticipated)
Burning Halo (fire on melee) or the electric one
Fire Bird (fire ring on landing)

Any fight with a skyline or hook is trivial. Brutalized all Handymen so far. Just jumping up, Skyline attack (triggering halo / fire ring), melee a couple of times or vigor, jump back up. Lays waste to everything. I have yet to find a set of boots that I really like, I have only found 2 pair so far. Vampiric Embrace is what I use, but is also unnecessary cause if I am not invulnerable I am dead in 2 - 3 hits anyway. I also have the knock back on skyline landing boots but that isn't quite as useful for bunching guys up.

I am trying to build out a non-skyline set, but nothing is really blowing my socks off. My drops are definitely skyline oriented on this character.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked the invuln on healing items hat myself besides that I varied my gear a ton for 1999 - after all the hardest fights in the game (Siren) aren't skyline adjacent but do drop TONS and TONS of healing items for a similar length invulnerability. Especially with Blood to Salt and Return to Sender at that point, making it valuable to keep topping off a little HP every so often.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hat that spreads Kiss/Shock/Bronco + Shirt that generates Salt on kill + fully upgraded kiss = trivializes ghost fights and anything with lots of clumps of adds.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am trying to build out a non-skyline set, but nothing is really blowing my socks off.
As someone earlier in the thread mentioned, get the two Charge improvements, Burning Halo/Brittle Skin/Blood to Salt clothing pretty much trivializes the game even on 1999 mode.

This guy demonstrates just how silly that combo is...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The 360/PS3 version of this game looks... bad. Its a shame more people dont play on the PC, it is a much superior experience from a graphical standpoint. (even if the UI is always a bit clunky because the UI is coded primarily for the console)

Azziane_sl

shitlord
As someone earlier in the thread mentioned, get the two Charge improvements, Burning Halo/Brittle Skin/Blood to Salt clothing pretty much trivializes the game even on 1999 mode.

This guy demonstrates just how silly that combo is...

In the hardest mode of any game I don't think having any player-triggered invulnerability or AOE-disable-everything is ever a good idea. Too much exploitablity.

Most people buying/playing the game for the first time probably don't go this far into min-maxing though. Yet I still felt the invuln-on-skyline was quite a cheap trick towards the end of the game. And I only played on Hard. It completely changed the dynamic of the game compared to the first 90% because I really felt like the whole trek (from the point where I got the invuln-gear up to the boss fight) was catered to having that piece of gear on.

Actually the whole last 20% of the game felt like it was a rushed thing. The way you came to understand everything did not feel like the way the game progressed in the rest of the game. I'm not sure where but there was a quite abrupt change in everything that screamed "let's wrap this up boys, there is another show coming and -they- need the room".

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i agree with that statement. there is a definite change in pacing after the cloth change. i feel like i should've explored 2-3 more towns before the final showdown.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So does anyone else feel sad and empty when the story ends. I haven't wanted to play any games since Infinite. It's like doing really good coke and then having to snort advil.

Just beat the game for the second time, got 100%. When does the DLC come out? If I throw money at them over and over will it come out faster?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So does anyone else feel sad and empty when the story ends. I haven't wanted to play any games since Infinite. It's like doing really good coke and then having to snort advil.

Just beat the game for the second time, got 100%. When does the DLC come out? If I throw money at them over and over will it come out faster?
It's like that when you finish any really good game. Try to enjoy it while it lasts.

My biggest gripe with the game is still that it's "just" a shooter. If they did something like Deus Ex with multiple ways of approaching objectives and talking to people, they wouldn't need all the protagonists recording their thoughts and leaving them around.

The inevitable Zero Punctuation:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...Shock-Infinite

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I am not sure if it was posted earlier but do you ever figure out who sent that note to Booker in the beginning telling him to not to pick the numbered baseball or no? Is it just some random shit or does the note have any story implications?

Thanks

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have no idea why this made me laugh so much, but it did.

5J8oEDz.gif

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
This was such a beautiful game. I loved it. I was incredibly addicted and I took everyone's advice at playing the game on Hard. Never, ever do that. Always start with normal. Game was still relatively easy (surprisingly); but, the storyline drew me in and kept me from taking breaks. I really wish BS1 and 2 (especially 2) were like this. I couldn't even finish BS2. :\

Caliane

I am not sure if it was posted earlier but do you ever figure out who sent that note to Booker in the beginning telling him to not to pick the numbered baseball or no? Is it just some random shit or does the note have any story implications?

Thanks
Lutece, as noted. its signed. Now this does have some subtle implications. 1. As per the coin flip, booker has done this before. 123rd trip at least. keep in mind, there might have even been more trips prior to them starting to do the coin flips. 2. Booker picked #77 the first time, and died or was captured by the cops, and died.
3. Constants and variables. Booker having died at the raffle. The Lutece's introduce variables. Random tears opening up as noted? that could be the Lutece's introducing variables for example. the statue changing from male to female just moments before you arrive, causing you to stop and look at it very likely. While Booker picking #77 is a constant. But warning Booker about picking #77 is not. But them telling Booker to not pick #77, his reaction to picking it changes. He is now on edge, he wasnt supposed to pick it, and thus is ready for the cops.
Its a small event that tells you alot of what is going on behind the scenes.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How cool would it be if they added a character in the DLC voiced by Daniel Day Lewis!