Bioware's "Anthem"

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The not giving a masterwork for end of stronghold rewards is a stupid error but me and my friend banged out a couple contracts and a stronghold last night and got 4 legendaries so the drop rates of those seem better overall.

Which difficulty and luck rating?

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh. 6 runs and no legendaries. Same gm2 started at 30 luck and ended with 83. I'll run Tyrannt tonight instead.

Did a few legend contracts on gm3 this weekend. Everything is kind of easy in comparison.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider

I love this game, i didnt even pay a dime and i get so much entertainement out of it from youtube.

Thanks for being terrible.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider

I love this game, i didnt even pay a dime and i get so much entertainement out of it from youtube.

Thanks for being terrible.

That guy needs a bowl. He has a few points, but he admits he's only an observer now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All I spent was the 15 bucks on Origin Premier to play it. I was never ever going to buy this game at release price. But I mean, hell - they keep messing up these shooter/looters so bad that you can basically play them for Peanuts. Its definitely worth 15 bucks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Times like this I wish we had some insider information on what the fuck is actually going on... it's to the point where this shit show seems like it can't get worse but then they release a patch and it does. It's unfortunate that there's little to no chance of a class action lawsuit over this; they were pretty intentful of being able to attest to the derived value of the base levelling experience.

Makes me sad, it had such great potential and it's been absolutely pissed away.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Times like this I wish we had some insider information on what the fuck is actually going on... it's to the point where this shit show seems like it can't get worse but then they release a patch and it does. It's unfortunate that there's little to no chance of a class action lawsuit over this; they were pretty intentful of being able to attest to the derived value of the base levelling experience.

Makes me sad, it had such great potential and it's been absolutely pissed away.

Yet, I do not think anyone was shocked.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We enjoyed ME:A, but the lack of patch testing for Anthem...it is like apologizing for your alcoholic friend.

I am guessing you mean by enjoying ME:A you mean enjoyed ripping the crap out of it? :)

Long day :)

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am guessing you mean by enjoying ME:A you mean enjoyed ripping the crap out of it? :)

Long day :)
Andromeda had its issues but overall the game play of it was fun. The funny thing is you could really tell the combat and the vehicle stuff had the most work in the game the story stuff apparently all happen late in development which showed. Anthem in a lot of ways has similarities. The core game play is fun but it has so many rough edges it just makes you a bit exasperated with them. This thing could have been great given another few months + paying any fucking attention to the launch issues of any of the diablo 3 or looter shooters that have come before them.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really honestly wonder if most of this is them just trying to marry oil and water together and the end result is just a fucked up mess. I mean really most all of the looter shooters have a fair amount of issues still at best. The Division 2 seems to be bucking that trend so far, but I think most of it seems to be that an action third person shooter just doesn't really lend itself all that well to RPG stats and such. So they can make guns have bigger stats thus the enemies have to have larger health pools (to the point of being sponges) and trying to balance all of that seems to completely elude them. I don't know I could be rambling but Destiny had struggles, and then 76 and Anthem both were almost DOA and the patches just seem to be pulling the plug on the life support more than resuscitating.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup its not like anthem is breaking any ground by stepping on their dick with loot issues and some instability problems and lack of content out of the gate. Its just that after enough of these things you would kinda expect them to maybe pay a bit more attention to what had gone before to maybe avoid obvious traps. But shit destiny 2 basically had a lot of the same issues as destiny 1 at launch so even a company that did it once before could seemingly not avoid doing the same fucking thing twice.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just concerned that with how much Bioware continues to fall on its face with these games that they are going to royally fuck my all time favorite series, which is Elder Scrolls. Mass Effect used to be near and dear to my heart as well, but that series has just went to shit.

I personally think that they should have developed Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem together as the same game. There is plenty of reason to have flying suits in Mass Effect, and Anthem doesnt appear to be a very deep story - so what exactly would we be missing? An Anthem Javelin could be something you traverse the environment with, but inside of buildings and complexes - the Javelin is just too big to maneuver around in. So you are back to using the original Mass Effect roles as you journey through this space station, or that space ship, or that laboratory. Javelins give a much broader type of play style to each class. The mass effect class and race depicting what javelin they are going to have in space/frontier areas.

At least, I would have been sold on that. More so than rolling around in a solid gold rover.
1000x-1.jpg

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Elysian keys are perhaps the dumbest fucking thing I've seen as far as 'loot crates' go.

Because you only get 1 a day you are left with a choice:

1) Do a Stronghold as soon after the daily reset as you can in order to have a decent chance of having all 4 perople unlock a chest

2) Avoid doing any Strongholds at all until you can group with your friends and therefore provide a chest for them.

I'm actually now dis-incentivized to do any content after work.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Everyone at BioWare right now...

"You mean we have to develop a game with a story AND cool graphics? That... *holds back sobs* That's hard."

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Totally agree with this and yet at the same time I think it's hilarious anyone needs to be reminded of these simple tenants to follow that have been in practice since 1998. :p

• 1Like