Bioware's "Anthem"

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I fired up Anthem yesterday for a bit but I didn't play beyond doing the daily Stronghold.

My issue now is that while I really enjoy flying around and tossing fireballs from the sky my character is now essentially a flying gunboat that annihilates with an LMG to the point where its stupid for me to toss fireballs. I am waaaay more powerful than I should be and that actually ruins the fun. In Division 2 I get my ass handed to me at least a few times an hour and while it really irks me at the time I end up having more actual fun that way.

*edit* I also noted on Saturday that there was apparently some sort of event where Scars were attacking Sentinel outpost in Freeplay as part of the evolving whatever that is their longterm content plan. I ended up flying around Freeplay for like 30 mins and never saw anything of the sort so I threw in the towel.

Finding the content should not be a goddamn Easter egg hunt.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i finished the campaign and tried to read most of what i came across and i had no idea of any of the stuff kaid typed, lol
There is a codex entry that I stumbled upon explaining why we can't fly anywhere and why travel is either land-based or sea-based. The Shapers placed a jetstream over the continent/world which doesn't allow anything to get very high.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There is a codex entry that I stumbled upon explaining why we can't fly anywhere and why travel is either land-based or sea-based. The Shapers placed a jetstream over the continent/world which doesn't allow anything to get very high.

Hahahaha! Clever way to explain away a Z-Axis problem with their engine and/or force people to stay close to the map to find activities because they were too lazy to make a real map. Funny how they can think of something like that and yet fall short on 99% of the game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I fired up Anthem yesterday for a bit but I didn't play beyond doing the daily Stronghold.

My issue now is that while I really enjoy flying around and tossing fireballs from the sky my character is now essentially a flying gunboat that annihilates with an LMG to the point where its stupid for me to toss fireballs. I am waaaay more powerful than I should be and that actually ruins the fun. In Division 2 I get my ass handed to me at least a few times an hour and while it really irks me at the time I end up having more actual fun that way.

*edit* I also noted on Saturday that there was apparently some sort of event where Scars were attacking Sentinel outpost in Freeplay as part of the evolving whatever that is their longterm content plan. I ended up flying around Freeplay for like 30 mins and never saw anything of the sort so I threw in the towel.

Finding the content should not be a goddamn Easter egg hunt.

They think you want to explore the same shit over and over to find things to do - I finally loaded up Division 2 yesterday and the first hour of doing shit already blew away the entirety of what is Anthem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Patch notes are out and some pretty good changes. Rangers got some really good buffs overall.

Only issue is they talked about having event indicators on the map now and I don't see that in the notes. Either they didn't have enough time or they forgot to put it in the notes, I'm leaning towards they didn't have time.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah the notes are... extensive.

Thank god I am somewhat OCD and decided not to toss all the usless Masterworks in the garbage because nearly every single one of them changed in fairly radical ways.

Example:

Tome of Precision
  • Was: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Sniper rifle weak point kills increase electric damage by 60% for 5 seconds.
  • Now: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Defeating an enemy increases elemental damage by 40% for 10 seconds.
Which is sensible because why the fuck would I, as a Storm, be using a damn sniper rifle and if I was so inclined why would I want to restrict myself to electrical damage when frost would be a more natural pair with sniper...

Really kinda wonder how the damn thing shipped without 60% of these things having been taken care of in rudimentary testing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, one of my friends is one of their QA testers, and he's a complete idiot. So most of my friends are blaming him for it, as the Bioware QA group is assumed to be 5 guys.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
We all talk about how this game could be great. Yet it’s not. It’s got little pieces that are good/fun. Then it pukes on itself, swallows the puke and forces you to avoid shitty loot for the chance of a great drop. Loot dancing.

I wanted a cool fighting robot suit. Yet we got craptacular Anthem.

• 1Like

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
We all talk about how this game could be great. Yet it’s not. It’s got little pieces that are good/fun. Then it pukes on itself, swallows the puke and forces you to avoid shitty loot for the chance of a great drop. Loot dancing.

I wanted a cool fighting robot suit. Yet we got craptacular Anthem.

While I mainly agree, I still find myself logging in every week for hours, especially late at night on weekends, no idea why.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hahahaha! Clever way to explain away a Z-Axis problem with their engine and/or force people to stay close to the map to find activities because they were too lazy to make a real map. Funny how they can think of something like that and yet fall short on 99% of the game.
Yeah the notes are... extensive.

Thank god I am somewhat OCD and decided not to toss all the usless Masterworks in the garbage because nearly every single one of them changed in fairly radical ways.

Example:

Tome of Precision
  • Was: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Sniper rifle weak point kills increase electric damage by 60% for 5 seconds.
  • Now: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Defeating an enemy increases elemental damage by 40% for 10 seconds.
Which is sensible because why the fuck would I, as a Storm, be using a damn sniper rifle and if I was so inclined why would I want to restrict myself to electrical damage when frost would be a more natural pair with sniper...

Really kinda wonder how the damn thing shipped without 60% of these things having been taken care of in rudimentary testing.

I got great use out of sniper rifles. One of them gives like 40% boost in damage when you are hovering so hover sniping big guys was a pretty solid option.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
While I mainly agree, I still find myself logging in every week for hours, especially late at night on weekends, no idea why.

Drinking will cloud your mind that late. I almost reinstalled Everquest once while singing Lionel Ritchie to Noodleface Noodleface

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The other part is sniper actually paired well with electric so you could throw out a huge shield stripping ability and follow it up with sniper round to the face. As good as my nukes are hitting a weak spot for 56k damage is hard to top with a power.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So tried the new content.

Legendary mission bugged out first time we tried right at the start with the Wyverns. Went back in again and took it down, lots of really big nasties to kill and was a bit of a challenge on GM1 at least compared to the usual Strongholds and Legendary Contracts.

End result = bunch of 38 purple and blue gear...not a single MW..

Then did the daily Stronghold armed with my Elysian Key from completing a daily and got...

1 terrible MW and 3 cosmetic items from the end chests (one guy didn't have a key). Now I am actually taking it on semi-faith that I got 3 cosmetic items as I missed them getting displayed in the after action report and I can't find any sign of them on any of the cosmetic settings on the Forge.

Some listing of what you got would be super helpful here but eh I guess they cant manage that.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Was in the ER all day for chemo related bullshit. First fucking legendary contract after the patch. Bugged with no way to progress. Maybe it's the dilaudid but I want to strangle the entire dev team right now. Inept motherfuckers.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Apparently you have to exit the game and come back in in order for it to actually display the cosmetic loot you got. That's real simple since the game has so few loading screens....

I feel as though EA got sold a bill of goods with this Frostbite engine as clearly the Ubisoft Snowdrop engine is able to accomplish the same sort of visual fidelity without requiring loading screens up the wazoo

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe the way the engine is utilized? This engine is on a dozen games, or more, and I don't remember any of those with this problem. I haven't touched any of the sport franchises, just the Dice and Bioware ips.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Was in the ER all day for chemo related bullshit. First fucking legendary contract after the patch. Bugged with no way to progress. Maybe it's the dilaudid but I want to strangle the entire dev team right now. Inept motherfuckers.
Game is so bad, it gave Woefully cancer!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The not giving a masterwork for end of stronghold rewards is a stupid error but me and my friend banged out a couple contracts and a stronghold last night and got 4 legendaries so the drop rates of those seem better overall.