Bioware's "Anthem"

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did three strongholds last night and managed to get 3 legendary drops one each run. RNG is still random but it seems like the drop rates are overall in a much better place reasonable amount of master works and some legendary drops in a pretty short play window. I managed to get like 3 cosmetic stuff from those elysian chests but the ones I got were mostly helmet decals. Kinda wish they were more of the full body decal options or something but at least they were not just crystals/crafting stuff.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
vb20nr.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say after the last big patch my friends and I are enjoying this game a good bit. Still a bit more prone to some odd disconects than it should be but I am starting to suspect some of that maybe whatever anti cheating stuff they are using is aggressive to a bad internet connection. The loot drops though are a lot better hell I got three legendaries last night just messing around in a single tyrant mine run off trash. I get generally at least one legendary drop each play session now so they are not raining from the sky but getting enough to feel like progress.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have to say after the last big patch my friends and I are enjoying this game a good bit. Still a bit more prone to some odd disconects than it should be but I am starting to suspect some of that maybe whatever anti cheating stuff they are using is aggressive to a bad internet connection. The loot drops though are a lot better hell I got three legendaries last night just messing around in a single tyrant mine run off trash. I get generally at least one legendary drop each play session now so they are not raining from the sky but getting enough to feel like progress.

Legendary items or Masterwork items? Thats insane if you mean Legendary :eek:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Legendary items or Masterwork items? Thats insane if you mean Legendary :eek:

Legendaries. I got only one masterwork that run but 3 legendaries. Overall the loot seems about where it should have been at launch. I am enjoying it enough even with some of the flubs they made at launch to at least hang with them for their initial roadmap. April though better have something more content wise drop though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Legendaries. I got only one masterwork that run but 3 legendaries. Overall the loot seems about where it should have been at launch. I am enjoying it enough even with some of the flubs they made at launch to at least hang with them for their initial roadmap. April though better have something more content wise drop though.

Thats insane to me, I have yet to see one drop. I guess I'm just not at that point yet (28 at 440ish iirc, I'm at work). I thought that weapons were using affixes yesterday, but then I started looking up other masterwork items and legendaries and realized that the Marksman Rifle "Thunderbolt of Yvenia" is unique (and still a blast) but the LMG and AR masterwork variants that I picked up last night have been a let down. I hated the legendary marksman rifle that you got for just playing the game. Its damage was terrible in comparison to LMG's or AR's that were leagues under its level. However, the LMG and AR variants I picked up last night hit for around ~523. Where as the Yvenia Marksman rifle was hitting for 1558 and casting a thunderbolt at 1860 damage at what seemed to be every 3-4 shots. Far out-pacing its rival weapons. Much less any combo damage from the lightning strikes. Spider Thing in the stronghold just melts on normal with that weapon. Looking at the rest of the list though, everything else that suits my play style seems to revolve around setting up your group or relying on them too.

Content is questionable. Three strongholds isnt enough, and needs to be three-four times that. Content is there in other parts of the game, however its bland. Its the same handful of goals throughout the entire game. I recall a bunch of games having this same problem at launch, though. So yes, I'm right there with you on needing more strongholds, and more imaginative content quickly-soon. I personally like the Interceptor, but have a reluctant desire to try out the Storm. They should have used the different javelin's as a jumping point for more quests and content. I can think of a huge chunk of QoL improvements for the game, but my main desire is that they would just add events that are happening now, or able to be triggered to the map.

To me, they nailed the shit out of the whole flight and fight. Which has got my attention, but they've gotta give us something to do.

Ladro

Anomaly

Good read, explains a lot. What a fucking shit show. I've never been on the "fuck EA" bandwagon, but honestly fuck game development period at this point by any company that does this shit.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I really like articles like this. Even if you aren't a super gamer it is good to see how team projects go awry due to various missteps.

Stave

Potato del Grande

Good read, explains a lot. What a fucking shit show. I've never been on the "fuck EA" bandwagon, but honestly fuck game development period at this point by any company that does this shit.

Good read. Takeaway is that the game wasn't really in development until the last 12-18 months or so. And sounds like they had some shit leaders for all the time prior to that. Sounds like some scam artists that somehow got into these positions but couldn't make any decisions on direction, and wouldn't listen to any feedback from devs. Sounds like a lot of typical game dev heads now days.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I want to play that game, the game that had crazy gravity and aliens - not this shit with mole-men

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can definitely shift some blame to EA, but Bioware, esepcially after reading that article, deserves every bit as much blame as EA and their terrible engine. This thing was off the rails with no vision and no direction from jump street.

Dead studio is dead, may she rest in peace

spronk

FPS noob
Its a story I see repeated over and over in practically every industry. You have a core of amazing people who are super talented, but over the years they slowly leave. They don't always hire amazing replacements, and the B-level new leaders all hire C-level underlings because B-level people don't adhere to the philosophy "hire people smarter/better than you", they stick to the Michael Scott principle "hire people who will endlessly say how awesome you are".

So eventually your company is hollowed out and full of retards who only look to cover their own ass and don't give a shit about anything other than drawing a paycheck and getting a promotion.

If you're ever in a senior management position the biggest difference you can make is paying/bribing/whatever it takes to keep your top talent from ever leaving.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like this "Woke" them up didn't it...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What does it take for EA to finally admit that the money they are 'saving' on using Frostbite is far too expensive in lost productivity and eventual lost sales?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What does it take for EA to finally admit that the money they are 'saving' on using Frostbite is far too expensive in lost productivity and eventual lost sales?

I think we've hit the tipping point. It's hit the investors in the returns and that won't stand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Please stop picking on us!

As a studio and a team, we accept all criticisms that will come our way for the games we make, especially from our players. The creative process is often difficult. The struggles and challenges of making video games are very real. But the reward of putting something we created into the hands of our players is amazing. People in this industry put so much passion and energy into making something fun. We don’t see the value in tearing down one another, or one another’s work. We don’t believe articles that do that are making our industry and craft better.