Bioware's "Anthem"

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I knew when my appointment ran over that I wasnt going to be able to play this sob this morning. When I start the game, it automatically goes to windowed mode. I cant change that, or really any settings. Drivers up to date, sent the game through repair and its fine. Then as soon as I log in, it says match making failed, which I assume is what you guys are talking about. Its alpha and I get it, but Im bummed. Hopefully Ill get to try it sometime this weekend.

Oh, and the forum pages take 4-5 minutes per page request. Im not alone in my problems - some are saying that when they could log in, they didnt have problems. Now that they cant log in, they are experiencing the same problems Im having. No idea why server admittance is tied to graphic settings, but meh.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I've been getting the match-making failed since 9am. Just checking it occasionally as I handle other shit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Try to do the expedition but since matchmaking is borked atm i cant run it - tried to figure out how to do it solo but now its stuck and cant even leave the squad UI -

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I knew when my appointment ran over that I wasnt going to be able to play this sob this morning. When I start the game, it automatically goes to windowed mode. I cant change that, or really any settings. Drivers up to date, sent the game through repair and its fine. Then as soon as I log in, it says match making failed, which I assume is what you guys are talking about. Its alpha and I get it, but Im bummed. Hopefully Ill get to try it sometime this weekend.

Oh, and the forum pages take 4-5 minutes per page request. Im not alone in my problems - some are saying that when they could log in, they didnt have problems. Now that they cant log in, they are experiencing the same problems Im having. No idea why server admittance is tied to graphic settings, but meh.

When you get to the 'enter' prompt that puts you in matchmaking there's an options off to the right that lets you configure all the settings.

Edit: I see now what you mean.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was able to close game and restart back at same spot - However its kinda meh that to do an expedition i need to matchmake - I for some reason thought id just be able to run off and start it up myself

Molten Core Raider
The game still wont let me back on, same errors about matchmaking parameters. Guess Ill let it sit til the second test later this afternoon.

Daidraco

When you get to the 'enter' prompt that puts you in matchmaking there's an options off to the right that lets you configure all the settings.

Ok, so get this. It wouldnt let me change anything when I was originally attempting this. All the options were greyed out. But - Im still playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and I minimized AC and logged on to see if there was any change in server status. The game loaded and the color palette was much better, tried to look at the option screen and I could change all the options. Just think its really odd that it piggy backed off AC just to allow me to change the options. Logged out of AC and restarted the Anthem client and the options truly saved.

Also really stupid to hide the exit game inside the settings tab.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lotta salt on their twitter feed - considering the shitstorm of Andromeda you'd think theyd be more social when Alpha is having issues.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so get this. It wouldnt let me change anything when I was originally attempting this. All the options were greyed out. But - Im still playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and I minimized AC and logged on to see if there was any change in server status. The game loaded and the color palette was much better, tried to look at the option screen and I could change all the options. Just think its really odd that it piggy backed off AC just to allow me to change the options. Logged out of AC and restarted the Anthem client and the options truly saved.

Also really stupid to hide the exit game inside the settings tab.

You have to select the categories on the left first. I thought something strange was going on too. I think this is some consolitis.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Reports going out that people are losing their origin accounts (and games) for breaking the NDA for this, so don't be stupid with your access.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
First mission was fun - i actually pressed matchmaking and got in within 2-3 seconds and a few mins in 3 others popped up -

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Also, be prepped for Mako like steering when flying.

Jeezus. *moves the mouse an inch* *Screen flies wildly all over the place*

Also, expect not to know WTF you're doing there, WTF the people are saying, or why in the holy fuck you should give a shit.

Also, I'm about half an hour in, and the game already seems bland and lifeless to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i mentioned the high sensitivity, but you wont see much until you get to the first expedition when you can play with others - everything up till that is pretty guided and you actually dont see much. If you dont like the Destiny concept tho, this wont change your mind, the world here just seems more lush in comparison from the little you get to see. I am more curious how many locations will be available in the final product since this is more open.

Daidraco

Been playing since the 2CST one. Its not bad from what I can gather. There are definitely things that need to be addressed, but I like what I see so far. Definitely a Destiny-esque shoot and loot system.

Edit- I didnt realize it was such a short play test. You can really only do half the things that it hints at that you can do. I really didnt run into any bugs. Things I didnt like were the sensitivity, which has been discussed. Something that they need to work on is the "Mmph" feeling that Destiny has with its weapons when you shoot them. Nothing really felt "powerful". Even the ultimate just seemed lackluster.

Last edited:

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I lowered the flying sensitivity down and it made a huge difference. Also how do you upgrade or equip new items?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You cannot because that’s part of the forge I think. I used my super to take down yellow con mobs even from max shield so I feel they lack pizazz but do good damage

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried multiple times today to play. It just sits at the loading screen "Connecting to online services" does nothing. Do not even have a mouse cursor, have to alt-tab out to close the program.