Bioware's "Anthem"

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
<Donors Crew>
14d 18h 5m
Reactions
1,961 191 0 0

I mean, this looks good. I'm sure they can fuck it up but it does look great.
Well damn that doesn't look too bad...

Utnayan

Troll Patrol
<Donor All-Stars>
10d 15h 14m
Reactions
4,158 1,018 0 0
Didn't look bad. If they can bring variety to the mission structure, make sure loot is on par, servers don't fuck themselves on launch and continue for 4 weeks forward, and keep any SJW bullshit out of the game, they may be able to sell some copies. The video moved me up from fuck this game and company to rental status at least. Problem is they stopped short of the "Boss" encounter - spoilage isn't an issue for them. If they have unique and fun boss encounters other than bullet sponges that would be good to see too.

With that said, Alpha gameplay with 6 weeks until launch? Controlled environment, showing what they want for PR purposes, etc and all that.

gshurik

<Donors Crew>
7d 18h 32m
Reactions
2,737 974 0 0
It's interesting to see that they're calling the early access a demo instead of a beta. They must be pretty confident that what they're showing will be able to stand up without the defence of "It's just a beta bro"

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
<Donors Crew>
21d 2h 35m
Reactions
3,651 242 0 0
I hate to say it but Interceptor gameplay looks fun.

Rhanyn

Knight of the Realm
8d 37m
Reactions
164 6 0 0
This game keeps peaking my interest, but there is a part of me that just won't believe that it will be good. I plan on picking up a month of the EA premium sub thing to try it out, I really hope it proves my gut wrong.

7d 18h 32m
Reactions
2,737 974 0 0
There's 2 things I very rarely do:

1. Get drunk on a week-night
2. Pre-order games

Both of these have occurred in a single night and I woke up with Origin's splash screen open, my wallet on the floor next to me and Anthem in my library.

Big shrug I guess.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Donors Crew>
18d 1h 56m
Reactions
8,590 593 0 0

2. Pre-order games

Both of these have occurred in a single night and I woke up with Origin's splash screen open, my wallet on the floor next to me and Anthem in my library.

Big shrug I guess.
1547752043045.gif

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
6d 7h 16m
Reactions
317 60 0 0

2. Pre-order games

Big shrug I guess.
I wouldn't pay full price for any EA game when I can just sub for their Origin Premier for a month or two and get a fix for whatever game I want to play.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Donors Crew>
8d 11h 29m
Reactions
1,420 53 0 0
Existing subs can also dole out 7 day trials to anyone who hasn't had a trial in the last 3 months, if I read an email correctly earlier.

mkopec

<Donors Crew>
22d 13h 31m
Reactions
17,583 533 0 0
I wouldn't pay full price for any EA game when I can just sub for their Origin Premier for a month or two and get a fix for whatever game I want to play.
Bonus you get all the other games too, like BF5, BF1, BF4 Battlefront....Then when bored? Cancel...

Fippy Darkpaw

Knight of the Realm
23h 54m
Reactions
26 3 0 0
Existing subs can also dole out 7 day trials to anyone who hasn't had a trial in the last 3 months, if I read an email correctly earlier.
7 days of Premier, or basic Access? I was going to check into this, but can't find anything confirming it around. It would be great when I want to play co-op with a buddy for an evening.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Donors Crew>
8d 11h 29m
Reactions
1,420 53 0 0
I hadn't really looked into it beyond seeing a headline/email about it promoting Battlefield.

Looks like you can only see it if you're signed in here - Origin

Subscribers are limited to 4 referrals, and it's Basic not Premier, so you're limited to the 10 hour trial of the games (including Anthem)

goishen

Lord Nagafen Raider
7d 6h 45m
Reactions
557 113 0 0
Meh, still looks like shit to me. But whatever. I've gotta theory. It's a loosely based theory, so bear with me.

Anytime that a game trailer uses the term "loot" or "phat loots", the game is gonna suck. Example, Diablo 3.

Last edited:

Delly

<Donors Crew>
10d 5h 42m
Reactions
335 87 0 0
I'll probably play this for a month just in time for Division 2 to come out.

Baek

Knight of the Realm
1d 11h 48m
Reactions
76 17 0 0
  • Baek

Baek

Meh, still looks like shit to me. But whatever. I've gotta theory. It's a loosely based theory, so bear with me.

Anytime that a game trailer uses the term "loot" or "phat loots", the game is gonna suck. Example, Diablo 3.
more phat lewt for me

wat

Knight of the Realm
4d 2h 13m
Reactions
128 33 0 0
  • wat

wat

Have they talked about the actual content at all yet? Are there dungeons and raids like Destiny or is it just going to be more mission based and closer to something like Borderlands, or just something grindy like Diablo.

Slaanesh69

Lord Nagafen Raider
1d 19h 17m
Reactions
126 5 0 0
So this is just EA Warframe? My computer here at work is slogging bad so I only watched bits and pieces of that video. but the moveset and the combat looked like a complete copy of Warframe.

And for some bizarre reason I despise Warframe. I tried so hard to like it and just hate it with a passion. May be the third person thing, not sure.