Bioware's "Anthem"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Didn't look bad. If they can bring variety to the mission structure, make sure loot is on par, servers don't fuck themselves on launch and continue for 4 weeks forward, and keep any SJW bullshit out of the game, they may be able to sell some copies. The video moved me up from fuck this game and company to rental status at least. Problem is they stopped short of the "Boss" encounter - spoilage isn't an issue for them. If they have unique and fun boss encounters other than bullet sponges that would be good to see too.

With that said, Alpha gameplay with 6 weeks until launch? Controlled environment, showing what they want for PR purposes, etc and all that.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It's interesting to see that they're calling the early access a demo instead of a beta. They must be pretty confident that what they're showing will be able to stand up without the defence of "It's just a beta bro"

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game keeps peaking my interest, but there is a part of me that just won't believe that it will be good. I plan on picking up a month of the EA premium sub thing to try it out, I really hope it proves my gut wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
There's 2 things I very rarely do:

1. Get drunk on a week-night
2. Pre-order games

Both of these have occurred in a single night and I woke up with Origin's splash screen open, my wallet on the floor next to me and Anthem in my library.

Big shrug I guess.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

2. Pre-order games

Both of these have occurred in a single night and I woke up with Origin's splash screen open, my wallet on the floor next to me and Anthem in my library.

Big shrug I guess.

1547752043045.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

2. Pre-order games

Big shrug I guess.

I wouldn't pay full price for any EA game when I can just sub for their Origin Premier for a month or two and get a fix for whatever game I want to play.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Existing subs can also dole out 7 day trials to anyone who hasn't had a trial in the last 3 months, if I read an email correctly earlier.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't pay full price for any EA game when I can just sub for their Origin Premier for a month or two and get a fix for whatever game I want to play.

Bonus you get all the other games too, like BF5, BF1, BF4 Battlefront....Then when bored? Cancel...

• 1Solidarity

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
Existing subs can also dole out 7 day trials to anyone who hasn't had a trial in the last 3 months, if I read an email correctly earlier.
7 days of Premier, or basic Access? I was going to check into this, but can't find anything confirming it around. It would be great when I want to play co-op with a buddy for an evening.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I hadn't really looked into it beyond seeing a headline/email about it promoting Battlefield.

Looks like you can only see it if you're signed in here - Origin

Subscribers are limited to 4 referrals, and it's Basic not Premier, so you're limited to the 10 hour trial of the games (including Anthem)

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, still looks like shit to me. But whatever. I've gotta theory. It's a loosely based theory, so bear with me.

Anytime that a game trailer uses the term "loot" or "phat loots", the game is gonna suck. Example, Diablo 3.

Last edited:
  • 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
Meh, still looks like shit to me. But whatever. I've gotta theory. It's a loosely based theory, so bear with me.

Anytime that a game trailer uses the term "loot" or "phat loots", the game is gonna suck. Example, Diablo 3.

more phat lewt for me
UnJ6Ol2.jpg

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have they talked about the actual content at all yet? Are there dungeons and raids like Destiny or is it just going to be more mission based and closer to something like Borderlands, or just something grindy like Diablo.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So this is just EA Warframe? My computer here at work is slogging bad so I only watched bits and pieces of that video. but the moveset and the combat looked like a complete copy of Warframe.

And for some bizarre reason I despise Warframe. I tried so hard to like it and just hate it with a passion. May be the third person thing, not sure.