UnJ6Ol2.jpg

BL2 best looter shooter of all time and it's not even a debate

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 9 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have they talked about the actual content at all yet? Are there dungeons and raids like Destiny or is it just going to be more mission based and closer to something like Borderlands, or just something grindy like Diablo.

yes there are both dungeons and raids. though, i don't think raids is the right term. from what i understand there are dungeons that can be done with less than a full group (4 people) that scales to how many people are in it to some degree. then there are endgame dungeons that have to be done with 4 people and are pretty difficult. supposedly.

So this is just EA Warframe? My computer here at work is slogging bad so I only watched bits and pieces of that video. but the moveset and the combat looked like a complete copy of Warframe.

And for some bizarre reason I despise Warframe. I tried so hard to like it and just hate it with a passion. May be the third person thing, not sure.

warframe is super twitchy, this seems on par with destiny, pace wise. on top of that flight is a core mechanic to anthem which warframe doesn't have, or at least not anywhere near similarly. i don't really like warframe either, so i'm with you on that. this seems much closer to destiny to me than warframe

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When I played that alpha thing, this felt nothing like destiny to me. This is a 3rd person shooter for one, destiny is a first person. Destiny also has a more refined movement and gunplay which this game does not. and to boot the flight thing felt all janky and not intuitive at all.

On a grading scale 1-10 of movement anf gunplay, I would give Destiny a 9.8 while this game would get a solid 7. Of course this was the alpha thing this winter and more shit could be refined, but I doubt it. Besides with the lack of a PvP mode, this game will be dead within months if they dont add that shit in. Why collect loot and better yourself without a PvP mode for all that to culminate in? I mean I guess you will have your die hard PvE folks playing but for longevity these types of games need a PvP mode.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Destiny is a really clean feeling game, it's a shame the content and loot were as shallow as a kiddy pool full of urea. Give me a Diablo 3 style loot system with tons of gear options and encounters. Doing the same limited number of encounters for a loot roll, no thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Destiny is getting back to its roots now with random shit and shit to grind. Its not 100% there, but well on its way.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I expect Anthem to bomb just like Destiny bombed, I only need a month or so out of it anyways.

Destiny 2 had the chance to be something amazing, especially after learning their mistakes from the original and they just did the same shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I expect Anthem to bomb just like Destiny bombed, I only need a month or so out of it anyways.

Destiny 2 had the chance to be something amazing, especially after learning their mistakes from the original and they just did the same shit.
There's good reason they did the same shit, because their following loved it and just shifted to the new grind. They did absolutely fuck all to introduce or increase their following, however. Which is why it didn't sustain as well. And why Warframe and anything like it doesn't last. Folks blast through the content in a month, spend 6mo farming the same shit... On to the next iteration.

Which is what companies love. Yes, yes, buy, buy, buy!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
There's good reason they did the same shit, because the three people loved it and just shifted to the new grind. They did absolutely fuck all to introduce or increase their following, however. Which is why it didn't sustain as well. And why Warframe and anything like it doesn't last. Folks blast through the content in a month, spend 6mo farming the same shit... On to the next iteration.

Which is what companies love. Yes, yes, buy, buy, buy!

FTFY.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the combat in anthem didn't feel as good as the destiny combat for the brief beta period, especially flying which felt really off but i guess we'll see. I totally am going into Division 2 and Anthem expecting only 2-3 weeks of fun and then never playing again, that worked awesome for me for division 1 which I still have fond memories of because I stopped playing the second I platinum'd the game.

i think there is another anthem beta period coming up too

I'll probably be playing anthem on PC via origin premium, loaded $60 onto my origin account. in six months the game will be like $20 anyways

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah no reason to ever buy an EA game again really at full price. 10 hours to see how much it sucks for $5.99. Or Gamefly.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah no reason to ever buy an EA game again really at full price. 10 hours to see how much it sucks for $5.99. Or Gamefly.

Or you just have the full game anyways if you can justify Origin Access Premier.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If anyone has a spare buddy key for getting into the VIP beta, hook a brotha up.

spronk

FPS noob
Apparently VIP starts Jan 25th (friday) and if you pre ordered and registered you can download it now/soon (?), you can also post your referral code which you can get from here and 3 friends can sign up with the code
Friend Pass - Anthem Demos - Official EA Site

I'll post mine after my brother gets in, but i don't see the client on Origin PC anywhere yet. I played the alpha on xbox so hopefully I'm not stuck on that platform for beta, would really like to see how the beta runs on my PC

Preload is apparently 30gb

Anthem: Everything We Learned After 20 Hours of Gameplay - IGN

Blog from Casey Hudson, isn't he the guy who ruined mass effect
One Month To Go

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Blog from Casey Hudson, isn't he the guy who ruined mass effect
One Month To Go

He definitely ruined the ending of ME3 when he went outside of writer protocol and hamfisted in his own ending. Mac Walters however was creative director who thought Andromeda was a good game :p

spronk

FPS noob
Demo is up on PSN and xbox
Anthem™ Demo
Get Anthem™ Demo - Microsoft Store

EVERYONE will be able to play the open beta Feb 1-3. "VIPs" will also be able to play Jan 25 - 27:
Be the first to play Anthem with the VIP Demo from January 25–27, 2019. You must pre-order Anthem, be an EA Access subscriber, or be an Origin Access subscriber at the time of the VIP Demo to participate. You’ll also get an exclusive VIP Demo item to show you were one of the first to play.

Anthem launches February 22, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation® 4, and PC. Early Access begins on February 15 for Origin Access and EA Access members.**

I don't see it yet on the origin store