Bioware's "Anthem"

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Origin, making the act of even purchasing a game a chore.

Really does. They need to remove the concept of 'add to library' and instead have that populate w/ favorites and purchases. While viewing your library have an additional section below it of games your subscription level provides access to, with filters for demos and DLC. If you want to promote an included title to your library, then favorite it. Then they can highlight special events at the top of that section like this beta or new additions to the Vault (just added They are Billions, been wanting to try that).

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just skimming, any pc trial /beta/whatever options without being an EA access member or whatever? Vaguely interested but not really willing to invest since i'm not exactly hyped.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup first weekend of feb will be a free demo to play for PC users no preorder/origin sub required. This weekends is for the premium origin members/preorder folks

spronk

FPS noob
nvidia just sent out a bunch of anthem VIP codes, unfortunately the nvidia site seems to be fucked but when its working again i'll post mine and whoever snags it can post an invite for 3 other people.

Also remember the game will be OPEN beta Feb 1-3 so everyone will be able to play then, this weekend is VIP only (preorders, VIP codes, origin access). Also the beta is cross platform, once you get into it you can play and download on any platform. I don't think thats true at release though, just like destiny/division your shit is segmented so your PC char is not the same as xb1 etc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I saw Dattos video (twitch destiny streamer) about this when he got invited to EA to try it. So he was fighting some world boss and it did not show too much promise. Basically a 25 min bullet sponge experience with some waves of AOE here and there shooting from his ass. Now granted it was low level game play, and who the fuck knows what weapons he was using and how much they make a difference, but what I gathered from the video is that if Anthems only way to deal with boss fights is give them 60 million health while you pluck away at it for 13 dmg per bullet, im kind of losing my hope in this game. Shit, even Destiny learned their lesson on bullet sponge bosses and pretty much did away with them in D2.

Well I guess well know more today. My shit downloaded last night and is good to go for when I get home. It old my 17 yr old about it (got today off from school) and he will probably try it too.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
See that's the problem with EQ turning 20 this year... there are people on this forum with 17 year old offspring!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was a bit older than the average EQ player back then. I think I was 26 or 27 at the time.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so uh... servers are full immediately upon the beta starting. there's no queue, it just says "servers are full, try again later"

people on the EA forums are so pissed, lol

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah can't get in either, i'm sure they''ll fix it but one thing that really sucks is you can't even get into settings to change stuff until you connect. the game starts out as full screen exclusive and that always annoys the fuck out of me, i wanna be borderless windowed so i can tab to my other monitors without shudder and shake.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not a good showing considering all the major twitch streamers like lyric and the doc are trying to get in right now, lol.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
80K people watching this fail on my twitch follows right now. Im sure there is a lot more.

The Doc has a foot cam, lol.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a good showing considering all the major twitch streamers like lyric and the doc are trying to get in right now, lol.
Yea, not seeing a single streamer in the Anthem directory actually playing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i connected for a bit and changed my video settings to borderless, you start out as level 30 in the social hub (first person) then i quit out to update my nvidia drivers since I was seeing weird textures and now I can't reconnect back in lol. great beta!

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I wanted to watch streams while on lunch break at work since Seagull was playing it. He only got on at like 12:50 or something and my lunch break ends at 1:00. So I didn't see anything.

I hope the login problems are fixed by the time I get home.