Bioware's "Anthem"

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Fucking hell, Utnayan sperging out over this thread makes it nigh unreadable.

So I played a bit on PC today and the controls are awful. Mouse acceleration is awful and should never be forced on. Swimming is really bad too.

Gunplay feels pretty good, on par with Destiny imo. Abilities are fun to use too.

Story seems pretty uninspired, but not so bad as to actually stop me from playing the game.

I feel like this is more of a stress test than a demo though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
These assholes can kiss my ass. Be transparent and admit you fucking suck. It’s the only way to get better anyway. What a bunch of fucking cucks.

• 1Truth!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Would love to weigh in, but after 4 failed attempts on loading into any mode I gave up. I'll be damned if that's how i'm gonna spend my weekend with the backlog of proven great games I have in my library. I will agree on PC UI clearly being an afterthought. Was a chore to navigate the menus.

Still wanna try this though, maybe next weekend i'll be able to actually load into a map.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Would love to weigh in, but after 4 failed attempts on loading into any mode I gave up. I'll be damned if that's how i'm gonna spend my weekend with the backlog of proven great games I have in my library. I will agree on PC UI clearly being an afterthought. Was a chore to navigate the menus.

Still wanna try this though, maybe next weekend i'll be able to actually load into a map.

Yeah once you log in, don’t do it on Xbox one x. Game will be mediocre. But holy shit is it bad right now just from a technical stand point. I would say it will be a lot better than destiny from a story stand point. And voice acting. Not even close on gun play. And the UI needs a complete fucking overhaul.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"I hate this game so much, its trash, it sucks, etc" but I am going to be the top poster in this thread about said game, literally spamming it at times. - Ut

It's the exact opposite of an extreme fanboy or shill. Crazy.

Ut's typical behavior aside, the above reddit post by hekotat is perfect. So many companies treat PC port like trash. Reminds me of when FFXIV first released, omg the menus and UI were all built with console in mind and it was horrid. It's sad to hear this seems to be the same way and not exactly time to fix stuff like that(Even though shit like all the UI menus and such should be trival to fix).

I only watched shroud and lirik play a bit the other day and the thing that stood out most to me were navigatin the menus being bad on PC and the one boss in the demo being nothing but a bullet sponge(Though iirc they were doing it on hard, so maybe that's it or bring friends to make it faster dunno). Everything else seemed fun and smooth, they didn't seem to have any problems flying with M/KB.

One of my worries is longevity. Bioware up to this point as just made single player RPGs, which you mostly got time out of by choosing different paths or choices. But in the end most people played it for a bit then drop it, like most single player RPGs. What can they have in this game to keep people playing outside grinding out 1% gear upgrades forever.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fucking hell, Utnayan sperging out over this thread makes it nigh unreadable.

So I played a bit on PC today and the controls are awful. Mouse acceleration is awful and should never be forced on. Swimming is really bad too.

Gunplay feels pretty good, on par with Destiny imo. Abilities are fun to use too.

Story seems pretty uninspired, but not so bad as to actually stop me from playing the game.

I feel like this is more of a stress test than a demo though.

I completely disagree with you on how guns feel, they're not bad but they're not anywhere close to the realm of Destiny.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I completely disagree with you on how guns feel, they're not bad but they're not anywhere close to the realm of Destiny.
Granted I haven't played Destiny in a few years, but I remember a feeling of floatyness to them too, especially at the beginning of Destiny 1.

Neither of them are particularly snappy though, so I'd like that to change before release.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
anyone who shits on Utnayan Utnayan for saying this game sucks and then says this game sucks (pretty much all of you retards) is a fucking cuckball

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Granted I haven't played Destiny in a few years, but I remember a feeling of floatyness to them too, especially at the beginning of Destiny 1.

Neither of them are particularly snappy though, so I'd like that to change before release.

Destiny 2 probably has the best gunplay of any game to date and tons of options. Most every thing I tried in this game was the same (I.E. Every shotgun was identical in recoil and control). I hope they have a lot up their sleeves, can fix the control issues & Melee animation lock and I'll be bout it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Destiny IS THE SHIT, when it comes to gunplay and general FPS shenanigance. The only problem with Destiny is their loot, its better in Forsaken, but still sucks overall.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As to this game? I was not bothered to even try it again after yesterdays 95% bullshit loading over and over. I played it in alpha and this seems none the better on PC. Fuck consoles.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm not sure i'm gonna even bother with a month of Origin access, there is nothing so far that makes me think i'll have fun after 2 hours and would probably just get bored after 2 days and quit playing. so uhhh thanks for the VIP beta i guess

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Had a descent day of play today. Disconnects and rubber banding were not as bad.

The Menu screens on PC can go fuck itself. I thought Destiny 2's menus were bad. Swimming is vomit inducing, but I think I have gotten kind of used to it. When you drop into the water there is a moment of forced confusion for some reason... (immersion! (pun!)). Then it is a matter of very slight adjustments and strafe moves.

Set flying sensitivity to 100%, it seems to help a ton.

Stronghold fight is not melee friendly, until you stagger the boss, then ult can shred. Still melee is not going to be a happy camper in that fight. Clearing adds can help? Having a taunting tank really helps out on that fight.

For all the vertical in the game, of which there is a shit ton (like more than Gears of War and low walls), they sure seem to make you go to ground or into a cave a lot.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
As to this game? I was not bothered to even try it again after yesterdays 95% bullshit loading over and over. I played it in alpha and this seems none the better on PC. Fuck consoles.

Miss you.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
"I hate this game so much, its trash, it sucks, etc" but I am going to be the top poster in this thread about said game, literally spamming it at times. - Ut

It's the exact opposite of an extreme fanboy or shill. Crazy.

Ut's typical behavior aside, the above reddit post by hekotat is perfect. So many companies treat PC port like trash. Reminds me of when FFXIV first released, omg the menus and UI were all built with console in mind and it was horrid. It's sad to hear this seems to be the same way and not exactly time to fix stuff like that(Even though shit like all the UI menus and such should be trival to fix).

I only watched shroud and lirik play a bit the other day and the thing that stood out most to me were navigatin the menus being bad on PC and the one boss in the demo being nothing but a bullet sponge(Though iirc they were doing it on hard, so maybe that's it or bring friends to make it faster dunno). Everything else seemed fun and smooth, they didn't seem to have any problems flying with M/KB.

One of my worries is longevity. Bioware up to this point as just made single player RPGs, which you mostly got time out of by choosing different paths or choices. But in the end most people played it for a bit then drop it, like most single player RPGs. What can they have in this game to keep people playing outside grinding out 1% gear upgrades forever.
Sorry your post sucks.