Bioware's "Anthem"

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Am I the only one getting more Warframe vibes ? Sadly the combat looks stupidly static, but I'd give my left nut for well made Warframe ripoff that isn't a collection of abandoned ideas.

First thing I thought of when they got into the suits.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only thing I don't like about Anthem is that it's being made by Bioware. The trailer demonstrates that they've abandoned making story driven RPGs, which is the thing that made them special. Hiring Karpyshyn seems like they're trying to put some lipstick on a pig. They sacrificed Mass Effect ip to try and make a few bucks by giving the project a group of inexperienced developers. Now they're going take the remaining Bioware expertise and make a pretty but vapid looter shooter. Oh well, at least I have the next CD Project red game to look forward too.

If it reviews well it'll probably be a sale purchase to play for a couple week with friends like Destiny and the Division.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with Cyberpunk. That game will be epic, I am sure.

So many other good games to play right now to even worry about anything made by EA Bioware at this point. Only thing I may give a shot with is the new Battlefront, which should have been the first battlefront we got.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Vorph

Am I the only one getting more Warframe vibes ? Sadly the combat looks stupidly static, but I'd give my left nut for well made Warframe ripoff that isn't a collection of abandoned ideas.
Yeah, as good as Warframe finally did become, it's still based on a foundation of shit that they can never completely get rid of. I'd kill for Warframe 2 or someone else doing something similar.

That "gameplay" video of Anthem reminded me more of a multiplayer Xenoblade X, which is also something I'd pre-order instantly if the game didn't have BioWare's name on it.

• 2Like

sukik

Horrible news, but I don't think there's much of a story for him to ruin this time.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't care how much of their budget they spend on pre-release hype training. Bioware will never again be a day 1 purchase.

I'll wait for the Autists.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Fictional warnings expire upon logging off. Please close your browser after to increase security.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I very truthfully think he said in a phone call to someone at BioWare/EA, "WTF are you doing to ME?!" I would love to have that phone call. I think one thing that Aaryrn Flynn got was the boot because of MEA. Of course, they won't say anything about it, because they wanna save face. There is no good option there unless he leaves quietly, while being paid millions upon millions as he retires out his golden parachute. But at least it's good to see that steps are being taken over at BioWare to replace horrible managers.

I'm actually excited for the company again. This is one thing that I was absolutely screaming for on uBSN. I was just like, "Look at what they are doing to your IP. I mean, just trashing it, from one side of the room to the other." Don't get me wrong, I still probably won't buy Anthem, however... It's gonna be the next few years that really excite me.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1SJW

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You're a fucking idiot.
1li1sj.gif

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

sukik

Focus on game development or virtue signal. Which path will you choose?
DUa0oWAXUAEkoNG.jpg:large

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
While I applaud their decision to go 'all-in' to try and bring their A-game to the whole situation... I find the IP completely underwhelming.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With Destiny 2 shitting the bed they have a fair shot at selling a lot of boxes to disgruntled players though. On the other hand, since EA is probably hovering their shoulders, I expect this to be one of the great fuckeries in terms of microtransactions and what not. And it doesn't look interesting at all so that's another problem, but maybe it'll look better later on.