Bioware's "Anthem"

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still think this is just going to be a mediocre copy of Destiny with lots of virtue signaling. The latter is forgivable, the former is not. We'll definitely see if EA has learned their lesson with the micro-transactions. Battlefront 2 was a decent game torpedoed by the micro-transaction fiasco. If Anthem is a mediocre Destiny clone riddled with micro-transactions then RIP Bioware.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want them to succeed but this look generic as fuck. They are 5 years too late.

Hope am proven wrong.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Meh. Done with these clowns. I don’t even want them to succeed anymore. Take your political shit and shove it up your ass.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Technically none of it was political. People choose to make social issues political.

• 4Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hard pass. Bioware made my literal favorite RPG of all time. Baldur's Gate II. To this day there isn't an RPG so filled with content and just amazing DND gameplay.

Bioware has moved on to shit. But luckily the torch is being carried by Pillars of Eternity II.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Technically none of it was political. People choose to make social issues political.

Oh, my bad. Take your social issue shit and shove it up your ass.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They officially delayed it to Early 2019 which likely means we won't see it until March/April 2019 at this point. They have to be under a lot of pressure and the general malaise towards both Bioware and this IP can't be helping .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hard pass. Bioware made my literal favorite RPG of all time. Baldur's Gate II. To this day there isn't an RPG so filled with content and just amazing DND gameplay.

Bioware has moved on to shit. But luckily the torch is being carried by Pillars of Eternity II.

PS:T >> BG:II but I won't hold it against you.

P.S: Fuck Bioware

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But if they delay Anthem aren't they worried about running up against Pantheon?!

• 6Worf
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But if they delay Anthem aren't they worried about running up against Pantheon?!

WorfLOL.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Amazing to see where Bioware is now relative to when ME1 and DAO were released.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amazing to see where Bioware is now relative to when ME1 and DAO were released.

I’d never guess this would have happened a decade ago. I wish Microsoft still owned them and Drew was still lead writer.

spronk

FPS noob
Nov 2014: Bioware releases DA:I. people sorta like it, but not that excited about it
May 2015: CDPR releases Witcher 3, hailed as GOTY, everyone at Bioware is all like "... goddamn"

June 2019: Bioware releases Anthem, people sorta like it but feel something is missing
Oct 2019: CDPR releases Cyberpunk 2077, everyone declares Poland the greatest country of all time, EA shuts down Bioware

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just got this email....

Five Things Coming to EA Play for Anthem™

Mark your calendar. On June 9, 2018 at 11 a.m. PDT, EA PLAY returns with a detailed look at the gameplay of BioWare’s™ upcoming Action-RPG, Anthem™. Here are five things we can share ahead of the stream.

1. A New Trailer

That’s right, we’re delivering an unseen trailer that delves into the dangerous world of Anthem. You’ll get a glimpse into the story, characters, and monsters that bring the game to life.

2. More Gameplay

Last year we showed off some of the core gameplay that you can expect from Anthem – flying, fighting, and of course, collecting loot. And this year we’re happy to show off some more. Tune in to see it all.

3. Combat Showcase

One thing we’ll be showing in-depth this time around is combat. The power of the Javelin exosuit will be on full display as players take on the most ferocious enemies seen yet.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm so glad that I'm not young enough to get emails like that, or even better, to get excited about them.