Bioware's "Anthem"

Fadaar

That guy
Yawn. Bungie fucked me already and BioWare has been awful for years now. This game better be getting instant legit GOTY reviews around here for me to even consider spending money on it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game concept, idea, design w/e, is 10 years too late. Pretty graphics wont save a boring coop fetching quests.

ZZZzzZZZZzzzzzz

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This fucking game is like... Bioware's version of Destiny? It SCREAMS Destiny to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this screams Destiny to me also. The only thing I like from that video though is the zone design, it looks like there is a lot of verticality which is something I always enjoy. Other than it looks like Destiny.

I guess it will just come down to execution and gameplay.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh. It's a psuedo-scientific psuedo-religious bullshit. BW seems to be on this crusade to say something about religion and science, when this has already been decided by scientists. I guess who they are targeting with this game are the hellfire and brimstone preachers.

BioWare is seeing problems that aren't there, or at least aren't there to the developed mind (note the hellfire and brimstone preachers). Yah, sure, I might've seen science and religion as mortal enemies when I was like five, maybe one time, for like five minutes.

My 2 cents on the game.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Not Impressed from what I seen at E3, fact that they dropped Andromeda for Destiny 1.5 has me really not looking forward to this...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone who gets excited by a Bioware game at this point deserves the disappointment they have coming.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
This absolutely looks like Destiny but a Destiny that had a baby with Mechwarrior. I’m curious but not holding my breath until there’s an open beta or more details on the gear system and progression. I do like some eye candy though...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also that fucking gameplay trailer is line for line exactly like the one for The Division from like 5 years ago.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Let me fix this for ya, BW:

Cancel current project and rework assets into battle royal.

• 1Worf

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also that fucking gameplay trailer is line for line exactly like the one for The Division from like 5 years ago.

Just like what they did with the last trailer they showed for it, the "canned" group hunting shit..

spronk

FPS noob
Just saw on the IGN stream the head of the studio saying Anthem will have no PVP, its all PVE.

Thats uh interesting. I kinda like it, but it feels like that is not the right move for the market in this day and age. At least this game won't fuck up balance for PVP. Well, it probably will still, somehow.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just saw on the IGN stream the head of the studio saying Anthem will have no PVP, its all PVE.

Thats uh interesting. I kinda like it, but it feels like that is not the right move for the market in this day and age. At least this game won't fuck up balance for PVP. Well, it probably will still, somehow.

DLC , or Loot boxes cause well ya EA and it's subsidiaries can fuck off right now

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Honestly not bothering with PVP makes me *more* interested, since it means they won't have to turn everything into samey grey bullshit to keep PVP players happy.

Now, it may all end up samey grey bullshit because bioware ded studio, but at least it won't be due to pvp.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Honestly not bothering with PVP makes me *more* interested, since it means they won't have to turn everything into samey grey bullshit to keep PVP players happy.

Now, it may all end up samey grey bullshit because bioware ded studio, but at least it won't be due to pvp.

I think the no PVP thing sounds interesting at first but I guarantee this is what would happen: game sales don't meet expectations, twitch streamers dump the game since no PVP, EA directs the team to jam in PVP ASAP, and then everything about the game gets fucked up badly when they shovel in a half assed PVP implementation that breaks balance completely for PVE.

You really just can't do a GAAS game without PVP, EA wants this to be a GAAS game, it doesn't take a Kwisatz Haderach to predict the upcoming trainwreck. I guess its just gonna be more ammo for why EA "regretfully has to shutter Bioware".