Bioware's "Anthem"

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wooo, there sure are some Anthem white knights in the Anthem reddit. Its rare to see so much mental gymnastics taking place to justify a $20 skin in a $60 game (and man do they dislike Apex).

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm only going to play anthem until division 2 goes live. It's leaps and bounds better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wooo, there sure are some Anthem white knights in the Anthem reddit. Its rare to see so much mental gymnastics taking place to justify a $20 skin in a $60 game (and man do they dislike Apex).

Regardless of my feelings on the actual game... this needs to die F2P or a bought game. 20 bucks for shit is insane. Fuck Fortnite and Roblox are both completely "free" to play and have cost me way more than my 84 dollars invested into Nioh, which gave me nearly 1000 hours of entertainment. The skins and shit for these games is absurdly expensive. My son thought I was retarded enough to give him 30 bucks to buy a skin just because it was a classic (in a year old game no less) that was out just for a limited time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
spending real money on cosmetic items is fine. i'm not concerned about that at all. if they are going to have a real money shop, have it be cosmetic items. the issue is specifically the price point appears to gouge the customer. even if those skins go down drastically in price, its going to leave a bad taste in A LOT of players mouths for a while

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
New Dawn has some dumb rpg level shit in it that I’m not excited about.

• 1Salty

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
spending real money on cosmetic items is fine. i'm not concerned about that at all. if they are going to have a real money shop, have it be cosmetic items. the issue is specifically the price point appears to gouge the customer. even if those skins go down drastically in price, its going to leave a bad taste in A LOT of players mouths for a while
Yea, a lot people share that opinion, but apparently the reddit was set off by SkillUp (and other "youtubers") giving Apex a pass on $20 skins because its F2P, while criticizing Anthem for possibly charging $20 for their skins. Lots of mental gymnastics going into saying they should be looked at equally.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, a F2P game should understandably have more leniency on their pricing... but $20 for a single skin is still just too much.

Hosix

All labs matter!
For $20 dollars it better shit rainbows and come with a unicorn mount.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
For $20 dollars it better shit rainbows and come with a unicorn mount.
AcrobaticWelloffLeopard-max-1mb.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
You are better off getting Far Cry A New Dawn instead of Anthem like me.

fuck me i had no idea Far Cry New Dawn was also Feb 15th, i thought that game was months out. hmmm. Metro Exodus also releases Feb 15th

well i already paid $1 for EA access so i got 10 hours into Anthem, after that i may pivot to new dawn

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah, a F2P game should understandably have more leniency on their pricing... but $20 for a single skin is still just too much.

I never really understood this. Of course I do not have the numbers nor do I know how people spend their cash on in game shit like skins, but common sense tells me if skins were $5 instead of $20 they would sell more of them. For myself, I dont mind throwing out $1 or $5, or even a $20 for a pack of some kind, but for one skin?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I never really understood this. Of course I do not have the numbers nor do I know how people spend their cash on in game shit like skins, but common sense tells me if skins were $5 instead of $20 they would sell more of them. For myself, I dont mind throwing out $1 or $5, or even a $20 for a pack of some kind, but for one skin?
The majority of players will never buy a skin. A fraction of a percentage of the players will be whales that give themselves allowances like $60 per month using shitty logic like, "that's what I would spend on another game anyway."

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Probably. Now if he announced a TV or Movie deal w/ the IP... yes please.

Would be nice if it was something not expected, like he's helped direct and create/design content in the game or something.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Bleh is about all i can say on this - i know it was never going to be like it was originally shown but so far its not worth leaving D2 thats in a really good place. I'll play it for a month with EA access but i cant see myself investing alot of time.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is highly amusing, since one of the justifications for the Fort Tarsis area being limited to first person and with no other players present was to allow for a more immersive experience than would have otherwise been possible in a shared space.