Bioware's "Anthem"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
As far as number 4 goes, I have everything maxed on my 1080ti and haven't even come close to dipping below 60. At least not that i've noticed. Game is pretty as fuck but that's about all it's got going for it.

Its probably because I am running it at ultrawide 3440x1440 :Mad PC:

What resolution are you running?

spronk

FPS noob
I really do like how everything has matchmaking, any future GAAS games need to always have that too. The world is gorgeous and I love flying around in it just looking at shit going "what the fuck is going on in this world" but now in 2 missions the game has crashed twice at some point in the mission. I have the very latest nvidia drivers too (yesterday) so dunno if thats why or if the game is just buggy as fuck on PC. but yeah, after 4 hours I'm done with the trial, not even gonna bother doing the full 10 this is a game not ready for release.

only cost me $1 to figure it out though so pretty good deal

Malkav

French Madman
Its probably because I am running it at ultrawide 3440x1440 :Mad PC:

What resolution are you running?

I'm running 3440*1440 maxed out on a 2080 and i'm getting around 60fps (not stable mind you, dips to 50, goes to 70, nothing that a Gsync screen can't hide).
What is your CPU?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This game is like warframe but worse in almost every way. It looks nice but that's basically the only metric it wins on really.
Did not enjoy playing it, so now I'm going to play some warframe to wash the bad taste out of my mouth.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve been having a problem where the game randomly freezes in missions requiring Alt F4 to close it and lose the mission. Did about 6 missions and 3 free plays and had it freeze 4 times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I was watching Strippin play this on Twitch off and on (he was going at it 18 hours). After that marathon gaming session, he is close to end game...which seems somewhat short for this type of game.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I’ve been having a problem where the game randomly freezes in missions requiring Alt F4 to close it and lose the mission. Did about 6 missions and 3 free plays and had it freeze 4 times.

same, i gave up the pc version is clearly still fucked.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So a few buddies were getting this to play. Sounds like a hard pass. Destiny 2 was ok for a bit but these loot shooters can’t hold my interest.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Game would be better if they didnt even bother with the story. Bioware needs to not only fire whoever wrote the garbage but have them dumped in the deepest part of the ocean.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it's as bad as people are making out in this thread. If you want a legit opinion average out the general views on the game between here and the rest of the internet.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will admit when I’m able to play, it’s fun. Better than Div2 to me. I’ll hope they change the loading screens and fix a few things before I give up on the game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was watching Strippin play this on Twitch off and on (he was going at it 18 hours). After that marathon gaming session, he is close to end game...which seems somewhat short for this type of game.

6 hours of that is probably loading screens.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Quick battle....
Load screen...
Too far from team when it's done loading...
Load screen...
When done loading the mission is over....
Load screen....
Full XP and loot from mission, woot!
Oh but I have to go to the forge to equip it...
Load screen....
Oh look, at least my legendary marksman rifle is back.

Moving the game over to my m.2 mitigated this to nearly acceptable levels. Doesn't forgive the loading screens to change gear and stuff.

I will admit when I’m able to play, it’s fun. Better than Div2 to me. I’ll hope they change the loading screens and fix a few things before I give up on the game.

Even though some may find a lot about Div2 stale, I find myself looking forward to it much more now. I just don't see Anthem having legs (for me, at least) unless there are some significant changes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it's as bad as people are making out in this thread. If you want a legit opinion average out the general views on the game between here and the rest of the internet.

It's definitely not a horrible game... I think most of the issues in this thread are stability, weird bugs/glitches etc. The story is meh, and it sucks dick getting ctds right at the end of a mission but I've had very few issues - haven't downloaded new Nvidia drivers and don't think I will.

My issue is it's just bland. Nothing really sticks out as being great to me (though I do love some of the mech designs). I will say this is better than Destiny 1 OR 2 were at launch for me. I like the world traversal much MUCH more in Anthem, and the world is much easier on the eyes.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I downloaded new drivers last week. I'm sitting here typing this and and I glance over at the task manager I have open and.... wtf?

1550339478034.png

I made the mistake of opening the Geforce Experience last night.... and that decided to overwrite the display settings of every game I have installed. Now this morning it wasn't me to login as if I didn't use it 7 hours ago. This shit is garbage.

Occasionally as I played my mouse would briefly stop responding. Do other people experience this? Was wondering if this is how latency is manifested in this game or if it's my computer starving for resources.

Last edited:
  • 1Like