Bioware's "Anthem"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
90% of games i just skip all the cut scenes and dialogue anyways.

Just give me shit to shoot, don't bore me with the "why"

This is pretty much spot on how I feel about story in games, lol. If I want a story, ill read a book or watch a show. Or even play one of the 100s of excellent single player games. I want to log on and kill shit and collect mad loot not listen to dumb cut scenes. But I understand why they add it.

So far im like lv 13 and its meh. The atmosphere is all samey, I dont like how the mechs move (on pc, I guess its better with controller) they want you to fly around everywhere but introduce a dumb overheat mechanic, where yu have to land, wait for refresh and then fly again? WHY? Then there is the shielded enemies, where you drop their shields, reload or whatever, wait for your ability spam refresh, and but he time you reload, the shields are at max again, like WTF?

Then the fucking loading screens, my god. even in missions where you dont keep up, more loading screens, and these are not your average normal game loads, these are loads from the 90s when we had x386 shit.

The loot (so far) is all the fucking same except higher numbers (but I have not seen end game shit obviously) the mob AI is fucking stupid. Quick play is broken, in that I did like 5 tries of quick play and it kept on landing me into broken ass missions that could not be advanced. Could not even back out of them, had to restart the game, every time. Fort Tarsis is the most idiotic shit. Why not make the shit like Destiny, one match made place where you move normal in 3rd person and see all the npc and interact with them. I guess they did it for the story? Then there is a match made hangar thing with absolutely no purpose? Unless I missed it?

NO FUCKING CHAT ON PC< LOOOOOL

Ill keep playing this for a while, Destiny is in a downturn with content right now, I mean its OK, its a foundation that coule be great if they fix this shit. Well see.

Oh, and the menus are all fucked. Like who the fuck designed this backwards shit?

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Put some hours into this. Holy load screens. Frame rates tank hard in town. The dialogue is annoying overall. Everyone is a comedian and just overall happy. Sometimes is frustrating knowing where to go. One mission the audio died and I missed major story points as I couldn't get it back without restarting the game

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wonder how many PS4 users are seeing the streams / tweets about the game and just cancelling pre-orders either because it doesn't seem to be what they wanted or because they are locked out of the launch.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wonder how many PS4 users are seeing the streams / tweets about the game and just cancelling pre-orders either because it doesn't seem to be what they wanted or because they are locked out of the launch.
There's at least one streamer I know that's very against Origins Access sub for some reason. I'm sure he's not alone, and he said his interest was falling hard that even though he pre-ordered the game he doesn't get the week early access.

I personally love it. Pay $15, instead of $60, for a game that I probably won't put that many hours into? There's very few games these days that I can get 60 hours out of, and for me, $1/hour metric is what I usually try and hit. If I love the game, then I'll just keep the sub, and it'll take 4 months before I break even. That's an amazing deal and that's just 1 game.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
How many sales do you think they lost just from the staggered release and people being able to watch streamers say "fuck this" a week early?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Played for a couple hours today, interest is definitely fading.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
How many sales do you think they lost just from the staggered release and people being able to watch streamers say "fuck this" a week early?

Add Apex Legends being the hot shit and free and I don't see why anyone would want to bother with this unless you specifically like the genre and are bored with Destiny and Warframe

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Salshun

Silver Knight of the Realm

I can't wait to see the player drop off numbers in two weeks. I honestly like the game, but I can see that fading quick. I have fun when I'm playing, but I damn near forget it exists when I'm not. Played for about an hour this morning, buddy invited me from Apex, did that for 3 hours and had much more fun.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Played the first night and only had one CTD and some weird pop in happening randomly.

Today tired to play and was getting super long loading screens. Which caused me to just stop playing because of how many damn loading screens the game has.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Anyone with Origin Access able to refer a friend me a 7 day pass? I think you have to add me as a friend on Origin. Then click on Origin Access and choose Refer a Friend. Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for the key Nyx!

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the base level, this game has no more loading screens than any other of its type, say destiny / warframe which have a "map - mission - map" type setup, so less than Anthem (at its worst). In Anthem its basically: Tarsis - Mission - Stat Screen - Tarsis; but at times its Tarsis - Mission - Mini - Mission - Stats - Tarsis. An extreme example of this was the Fortress of Dawn (critical mission) where it went something like: Tarsis - Mission - Mini - Cutscene - Super Mini - Mini - Cutscene - Super Mini - Mini - Cutscene - Super Mini - Mini - Cutscene - Tarsis. If they had phasing for the minizones, and removed the Stats screen, it would help a lot. Personally, I haven't had an issues with loading times, except for a couple times when matchmaking (like those looooong load times to the Tower in destiny).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When do you get all the Javelins? At L14 I think I’ve only got 2 or 3 unlocked.
You weren't one of the lucky Premier users that got all the Javelins right after the tutorial? Sad. =/

You get them at: 2, 12 (some say 8), 20, 28.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Destiny is on my HP EX920 m.2 - and it loads every zone in 5-15 seconds - you cannot compare Destiny loading to this in any way shape or form.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Destiny is on my HP EX920 m.2 - and it loads every zone in 5-15 seconds - you cannot compare Destiny loading to this in any way shape or form.
The one example I used for Destiny in terms of long load times had nothing to do with your hardware. It has to do with matchmaking / server load.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So, this sounds like it's shit?

As someone who hasn't played any of these persistent world shooters: Division, Destiny, Warframe etc... What is the current best one? On just a casual basis? Certainly not looking to be the Michael Jordan of some faux-MMOFPS.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Just got lvl 30 with pals. Did one of the other Strongholds, it was cool. Did a few Grandmaster 1 contracts, the difficulty is a significant jump (more mobs with more health dealing more damage), and pretty fun. Mobs also seem "smarter" as well. Got a couple masterwork drops, both were a light machine gun that I quite like.

The one thing to add to the list already mentioned by others is that it can be a pain in the ass keeping everyone in sync with missions and contracts. We managed to do a reasonable job of it, but I can see this being a pain for some.