Bioware's "Anthem"

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hazard Pay days are great fun to do QuickPlay since you still get the guaranteed MW in you reinforce. Most of the time you join in and the group is on the last part of the Contract so you rinse and then re-up

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well the constant disconnect got to my friend and he stopped playing. :(

This sucks, I barely have issues and he barely can stay connected. They don’t seem to be addressing this though bunch of people on their forums having connection issues and no official answers.

Going to finish this on my own I guess.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I started getting connection issues of late - I got stuck after Tyant Mine because it couldnt locate a server or some shit and i just stood there.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it me or is free play just shitty? I'm trying to finish up the valor quest I think it's called and you have to do 100 free play missions and it's the worse thing ever. Fly around for 5 minutes to look for a mission then rinse repeat. Why can't someone be on comms and direct you to missions. Would be way more fun.
Just you probably. Make a harvest set, set the diff to Normal, spawn into Freeplay right outside Tarsis and go left or right along the zone wall to make a loop. Was and still is pretty populated with events (aside from yesterday when Freeplay was broken for a few hours).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So why did the scar stronghold just dissapear off the map? WTF? The other two are still there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
347r6495zrj21.jpg

Not real. Fan concept. ;)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
this game is so boring, i'm playing on xbox one and i play one mission a day and the only thing i wanna do after a mission is quit playing. Its such a snooze fest, there is zero hype buildup so far in game and most of the time I am just looking at pretty shit while the rest of my LFG team is running ahead of me which of course entails me getting the "You are not in the objective zone, you will be teleported in 7 seconds". fuck off, if I wanna sit around collecting plant spores then thats my goddamn right as a Freelancer

fucking space commies

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I picked this up. Best part of this game is setting shit on fire. It makes my day to run around and group up enemies. Then watch them burn.

It looks pretty on my ps4 pro. Load times are meh. The disconnects/error 4445? Ya fuck that. Happens most during strongholds. I know it’s not my connection.

I assume Division 2 will replace this for me.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
division 2 looks promising...maybe with a better plot this time, it will be better.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I am enjoying the game but certainly taking my time, only playing when my RL crew is on; 18 now, mostly playing as Colossus. Actual play is still fun but as the Subreddit and this thread show, so many changes needed, to the UI, the Freeplay map, the overheat mechanic, etc. A shame they didn't learn the lessons of all of the other Looter games while they were busy making poor UI and story decisions.

For example: the whole Diablo 3 loot lesson aside, my daughter and buddies are at the Tombs portion of game while I have completed the challenges and its amazing how all of the contracts, etc have just dried up for everyone. The whole narrative portion of world and game has stopped while we complete this; no conversations, no Fort Tarsis missions, no one to even talk to while we work through this. Did they think the everyone would do this in a day/moment? Or is this just a another gap in the game design?

Also, while cruising around looking for the challenge progress status, I found my mailbox; dozens of emails about all kinds of story elements. I had seen things pop up before but how did Bioware do Mass Effect email a decade ago better than this? And good funny stuff. Like many part of this game, another missed opportunity buried in the UI.

Did they even have a plan for this game other than Iron Man Suits!!!!? It didn't seem to get put into deployment matrix to be implemented.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i don't have a horse in this race, so before i pass judgment i'd love to hear the other side of this. people have a tendency to hide their faults so someone (no matter how well known) going "i was banned for no reason!" doesn't carry a whole lot of weight for me without the other side being represented

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
i don't have a horse in this race, so before i pass judgment i'd love to hear the other side of this. people have a tendency to hide their faults so someone (no matter how well known) going "i was banned for no reason!" doesn't carry a whole lot of weight for me without the other side being represented

Meh. I love how people are banned for short sightedness on developers. Like it’s the players fault for exploiting their lack of competence.

Release a quality game and think of this shit and/or patch the bitch. Like anyone should be surprised at this point.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Meh. I love how people are banned for short sightedness on developers. Like it’s the players fault for exploiting their lack of competence.

Release a quality game and think of this shit and/or patch the bitch. Like anyone should be surprised at this point.

He was banned because he did it for over a day and streamed it to 50k people. Taking advantage of a poorly executed game mechanic is still an exploit. The ban seems reasonable to me.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
people aren't banned because they use an exploit. they get banned because they use an exploit knowingly and make a profit from it (virtual or real). i don't know a TON about the situation, but from what i understand, he was just streaming while he was taking advantage of that 12 hour (or however short it was) period where masterworks were dropping too often. based on the information we all had at the time, it appeared to be the intended drop rate, so while he was profiting from a bug (both in game with extra loot and irl with streams), i wouldn't say that he was KNOWINGLY doing that.

i'm guessing i just don't have all the information because either bioware knee jerked (which seems uncharacteristic from the current devs) or this dude is being deceptive on why he was ACTUALLY banned (while he admits to enjoying finding bugs and exploits, he states that he always contacts the developers so it gets fixed). like i said, i'd love to hear from bioware on this

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
In his video he downplayed that he did "Stronghold Checkpoints", this was an exploit where the team all Alt+4 when the boss dies, they get loot and log back into the boss fight again. Rinse repeat. They patched a fix last week. He makes it seem like he was singled out. More than likely he got scooped up by an algorithm that banned him. Streamer house also go banned, but they appealed it and got their ban lifted.

Bungie made this kind of stuff a meta game, so it is understandable that he might not have worried about it. This is not Destiny though.

I like Gladd, but he is not doing himself any favors. EA could have handled it better as well. No winners here. Hopefully they can work something out.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Funny thing. No one was doing the boss exploit when you had a 3sec timer til the game locked you into the kill. This only started happening when the dev's lengthened the lock timer to 10... at the request of the playerbase. Gladd and Streamerhouse got what they deserved for abusing an unintended mechanic, and I am sure Gladd will have his ban overturned if he really wants it. Aside from that, bitching about a company not finding all the bugs, or thinking up all the ways that the playerbase might exploit various mechanics is really super generic. Its like complaining that the game is too green.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah had it happen a few times.

My pass doesn't expire until the 20th and there is zero drive to log in.

Usually these type of games will get 100-200 hours out of me easily and I think I ended at 50ish.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Funny thing. No one was doing the boss exploit when you had a 3sec timer til the game locked you into the kill. This only started happening when the dev's lengthened the lock timer to 10... at the request of the playerbase. Gladd and Streamerhouse got what they deserved for abusing an unintended mechanic, and I am sure Gladd will have his ban overturned if he really wants it. Aside from that, bitching about a company not finding all the bugs, or thinking up all the ways that the playerbase might exploit various mechanics is really super generic. Its like complaining that the game is too green.

Yeah I know. But with everything else wrong with this game they probably shouldn’t be banning people still playing this broken mess as it stands, and totality of the circumstances and all that. I find it comical to be honest.

I get bugs happen and exploits should be punished. But in this case there is so much wrong with this, something like this is the last thing they should be worried about. They should be aiming to keep as many people playing on streams as possible because this thing is not selling and has so much bad press around it now, this is the last thing they need. Because some (not all mind you) gamers will view this as sanctimonious developer bullshit given the state they launched this game in and lied about multiple features. Pot calling the kettle black as far as I am concerned myself.