Bioware's "Anthem"

spronk

FPS noob
i think thats a legion of dawn item ($20 deluxe addon) and yeah it seems to jump up in levels every now and then, there is something like that for every cosmetic slot and i think one of the classes has a legion item for its power ability.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I did get some extras from the premiere subscription, but they were all (shitty)cosmetic and not items as far as I remember

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gotcha, my sub runs out in the next couple days but I'll be on Division 2 sometime tonight I think?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I still haven't finished the story but I did get a Legendary really early, maybe level 3 or 4? It seems to level up as I do which is cool and I've been using it since I got it

View attachment 198293
That's from the preorder.

I bought the standard edition 2 hours before it unlocked on PS4, and I got that in the "rewards" section of the store.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They buffed all the power levels, which is why that went from ~18 to 46.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yet more reason they need to put their fucking master work support shit in the game ASAP. Even after the changes a lot of them like windwall are pretty useless. They barely can take a couple hits before popping. That said I still have a lot of fun flying around had a crazy legendary contract last night where one of those spider tanks decided to show off it has fucking jump jets and was happy to leap around the area raining death on everybody. That was a lot of frantic flying for sure. Never seen one of those spider tanks actually jump around like that before.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I have decided to put this aside for now and come back after a couple of patches to see how things shake out.
Division 2 will replace this one for now.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Last night was brutal on this. On my PS4 I kept getting disconnected from server. I was doing freeplay and had gotten a mission thing to pop I have never done. It had multiple steps and it was fun. Getting lots of purples.

Then crash.

Restart....the purples were vaulted but guess what? 6 purple assault rifles and all the same model with different bonuses.

Da fuq?!?!?

Ladro

Anomaly
I have a theory about this game now - This is a cash grab by EA, there is no intent on longevity. I know... surprise!

If you look at what content is there right now, it's clear that the only real thing to chase is the legendary freelancer challenge for that yet to be seen vinyl. To complete that, you have to do VERY VERY grindy things like complete Champion of Tarsis and the Callenge of Valor, Might and Resolve. You cannot get the final collectible until you finish Champion of Tarsis (50k rep for each faction) and you cannot complete all Missions until you complete the Valor/Might/Resolve challenges. Loot is beyond fucked and may never get fixed. The game needs a complete reset on loot in order to be worthwhile to play; Loot 2.0. This video basically sums up why that is not really going to happen.

I think they released the game early knowing how much of a shit show it is in order to get some quarterly profits out of it and to placate people they put these near impossible things in to give a carrot while they figure shit out. The reality is, EA made a management decision probably a year ago to put weight behind Apex and remove it from Anthem since the marketplace was all about Fortnite and PUBG. Apex is EA's Fortnite cash cow and they could give a fuck about Anthem considering how much Fortnite made in profit for Epic last year. This is a billions of dollars versus millions conversation at this point and the ROI is there to trash the game and burn all of the good will.

I think at one point, Anthem was going to be their Destiny competitor but the market changed. Ultimately this is just sad, the core gameplay and world is actually pretty great. Everything else is fucked beyond belief and will be extremely hard to correct since it was gutted in order to meet a target release date.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Now that The Division 2 launched, and the full launch is on Friday, I wonder if this game is going to become a ghost town real fast. Early impressions of The Division 2 are quite positive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well Anthem has proven one thing to me for sure...an Iron Man game would be fucking awesome. :)

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They are in the predicament of either fixing this shit or just letting it die. Because even if they concentrate the work on Anthem 2, no one will buy it because of anthem 1 shit. So they have to either go and fix this shit like Destiny fixed destiny and then release destiny 2 a year later, or just letting all this shit die a miserable death.

shame really because at its core the game play is fun when it works. I actually find the combat in Anthem more fun than Div2 ive been playing.

But lets run down the line...

Load times and too many load screens
Bad math in game. (Like tying melee and super power to your overall gearscore number WTF?) (plus other shit that dont make sense)
Still broken missions
Still broken interface (why is a stronghold disappear from my map?)
Itemization sucks
loot drops suck
broken quickplay (see above broken missions)
broken quickplay for strongholds (keeps loading me into completed strongolds, WTF?)
no chat in PC
unresponsive interface (sometimes I hit button but nothing happens)
forced city thing after lv 30
and on and on....

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They are in the predicament of either fixing this shit or just letting it die. Because even if they concentrate the work on Anthem 2, no one will buy it because of anthem 1 shit. So they have to either go and fix this shit like Destiny fixed destiny and then release destiny 2 a year later, or just letting all this shit die a miserable death.

shame really because at its core the game play is fun when it works. I actually find the combat in Anthem more fun than Div2 ive been playing.

But lets run down the line...

Load times and too many load screens
Bad math in game. (Like tying melee and super power to your overall gearscore number WTF?) (plus other shit that dont make sense)
Still broken missions
Still broken interface (why is a stronghold disappear from my map?)
Itemization sucks
loot drops suck
broken quickplay (see above broken missions)
broken quickplay for strongholds (keeps loading me into completed strongolds, WTF?)
no chat in PC
unresponsive interface (sometimes I hit button but nothing happens)
forced city thing after lv 30
and on and on....

Don't forget no fucking Character Screen too see overall stats/etc etc (WTF were they thinking on this?)