Bioware's "Anthem"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't care about -any- game anymore unless I see clear signs that they're rejecting SJW-ism...and loot boxes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont have too many issues with the game like some of you do, however it seems like each Javelin will only have 1 ult style ability and that just sounds drab. I am hoping they go further into it a bit more but the game just needs "more".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ITs all about that loot. Its why Destiny 2 has failed many. Their slow drippage of 99% shit gear and exotics from Destiny1. If they can make the loot/content game good, then this will be good. From what I saw in alpha/beta, its promising. The only thing that sucked was the flying control thing which im sure can be further finessed.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It's not just that. You can't drop people into the world with absolutely zero points of reference and have the story going at 100%, and hope that they catch up.

If they're like me, they'll go, "Ehh, it's trash. Didn't get the story, for whatever it was trying to tell me."

spronk

FPS noob
the alpha at least convinced me the game isn't a complete dumpster fire, but yeah its nearly impossible to figure out if its "good" or not and honestly we won't know until 2 weeks or so after release when you hit the end game grind and decide if its fun or pointless.

the fact that there is no PVP in the game at all at launch tells me there is a certain ceiling, grinding for loot in any video game isn't really my thing anything and i don't give a shit about +gooder. Either the gameplay and story is compelling or its not, and even if it is there is no way they could really hold my interest more than 2-3 weeks. For $15 I'm definitely gonna be in for the first month (i'll get battlefield 5 too at the same time), even if the story is mass effect andromeda tiers of trash I'm not gonna mind that much for $15.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's not just that. You can't drop people into the world with absolutely zero points of reference and have the story going at 100%, and hope that they catch up.

If they're like me, they'll go, "Ehh, it's trash. Didn't get the story, for whatever it was trying to tell me."

Fortunately i rarely play games just for story, and isnt that was destiny 1 did with some lame ass so-called mysterious backstory that never made sense? Destiny had the Traveler, this has The Shaper - they both equally sound dumb the only difference is everything surrounding the traveler is still retarded and The Shapers havent yet been proven to be retarded!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm worried it's going to be like The Division and Wildlands where they have this huge open world that is completely devoid of a challenge and mostly empty. In The Division they completely wasted the city by making it empty as fuck, you run up on 2 or 3 guys and lay waste to them with almost no effort. This appeared to be the same for Wildlands when I played it as well during the open beta.

They at least need to make it challenging at end game or give you the option to make it difficult otherwise people are going to get bored very quickly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They at least need to make it challenging at end game or give you the option to make it difficult otherwise people are going to get bored very quickly.

I'm not sure how accurate this is since it's work in progress or how hard it will be, but there seems to be a difficulty setting when you start a mission.

anthem.jpg

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I tired changing the difficulty of the mission and the matchmaking kept timing out.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's supposedly like 6 difficulties, though i think its less about "difficulty" and more about "density"

i mean, difficult encounters are a must, but if the world itself is devoid of encounters, then who cares?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i could never get any matchmaking to work in the alpha at all, its pretty shitty. There were a ton of difficulty options, its all just like destiny / division 2 where there is an open world and then you can matchmake for specific story sections (points on the map) which are instanced. The shitty thing is you HAVE to go in as a full party, I couldn't figure out how to solo it at all (which means I couldn't do it at all, period) which is really shitty. There are no roles either just like destiny, so the encounters can't depend on tank/healer/DPS etc.

all in all I expect it to be very much like The Division but without any pvp

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Open world did have a difficulty slider and I went into the harder one on matchmaking and it was harder indeed.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
some people were, and to some extent i think its a valid concern. i didnt get to play the beta, but the javelins have 3 axis movement capabilities while the enemies in the videos theyve shown dont, so we as players already start with a pretty heavy advantage that enemies have to evercome in order to pose a challenge.

but the real criticisms wont show up until a month after release.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I mean, this looks good. I'm sure they can fuck it up but it does look great.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh. Think BioWare is gonna be fucked when this game launches. The genre is already too overpopulated by games like WarFrame and Destiny, and in some respects The Division.