Bioware's "Anthem"

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
More options is always better.

For things other than weapons, sure, maybe. But how much complete garbage do you get now? A fucking ton.

But I guess all the poopsockers came back and are propping it back up so good for them.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Problem with destiny is those idiots fucked up pre taken king, learned what made the gamers happy with some solid changes, and fucked it all again with destiny 2 until forsaken. How the fuck someone manages that shit blows my mind.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For things other than weapons, sure, maybe. But how much complete garbage do you get now? A fucking ton.

But I guess all the poopsockers came back and are propping it back up so good for them.

I'm not saying they have a perfect system, but before it was boring as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Its just like anything, if everything you get is gold, it loses its lustre. If you get one gold piece every 10 rocks, well it makes you come back for more. Besides its not just "random rolls" the combinations of perks on weapons you can get now is far better than any "set" gun they ever had in vanilla. They still have their "curated" rolls that still drop and have quests for.

If you played Destiny 2 at launch for about a month or two, chances are you had pretty much everything, this is not a good thing either for a pseudo persistant mmo lite.

Destinys loot system is still kind of meh, though. Just not enough of it IMO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem with destiny is those idiots fucked up pre taken king, learned what made the gamers happy with some solid changes, and fucked it all again with destiny 2 until forsaken. How the fuck someone manages that shit blows my mind.

I agree. What a major fuck up. Luke Smith needs to DIAF.

• 1Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
With 19 days to go until PC early access...Any bets on average score on Metacritc/Opencritc? I doubt it will crash and burn, so I’m thinking somewhere around 75.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyway, sorry for the Destiny shilling derail, lol. Continue with Anthem, please.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
With 19 days to go until PC early access...Any bets on average score on Metacritc/Opencritc? I doubt it will crash and burn, so I’m thinking somewhere around 75.

I dont think it will crash and burn, but we have not seen all there is to see. If all the major boss fights are jsut bullet sponge 25 min slog fests with some AOE thown in to doge, well, then its not looking too good. People will get bored. But the loot system might save it if its good. But from what I saw and what im hearing is that all guns are pretty much feel the same with just bigger numbers, this is also not looking good either.

Either way, people will still play it regardless. Some streamers I saw are already singing its praises.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck do I want random rolls in Destiny though? Because more grinding is good?
More options is always better.
Yeah Destiny without rolls was boring as fuck. You reached a point that you had everything, which might not be a bad thing for some pleb part timer.

Okay this whole, "RNG is CONTENT!" fad needs to fucking die. WoW did it and with whatever expansion was right before BFA and it sucked IMMENSE donkey balls getting a drop you wanted and boom, it's the shittiest roll it could ever be.

RNG is NEVER content.

When you are using the qualifier of "At least it's better than it was!" and the new system is RNG based stat distribution or RNG gated or any of the other RNG shit based systems you can be 100% certain that the system before was absolute shit and the new system was just created to placate people without doing much of any work on the actual issue of, "MAKE CONTENT..."

---

Either way, people will still play it regardless. Some streamers I saw are already singing its praises.

Streamers will ALWAYS grant triple A (shit it doesn't even need to be triple A) games with undeserved praise. If they do, there is a chance that dev will fly them out and give them free content.

Never take anything they say as truth because they are basically ALWAYS on the clock even when they aren't a #sponsored Stream.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob

depends on how shitty the launch is. if they can't fix all these connection and loading issues it could easily go down to 60s i think, there will always be paid shills who won't go below 6.

i played a bit more today and i still just can't get over how discombobulated i feel all the time, i'm not sure where shit is right away and I have to slowly rotate around trying to figure stuff out non stop. Thats fine in a SP game like mass effect but it just feels wrong in this kind of game.

Also for a 2019 PC game WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH SO MANY GODDAMN LOADING SCREENS. Jesus Christ. Doesn't help either like 80% of them you have to alt-f4 out of after 5 mins because "fuck you", at least you get right back in if you restart i guess.

its also weird how much this feels like mass effect multiplayer, but as far as I can tell there really aren't any cover mechanics? I couldn't figure out any way to really hide behind a barrier like division anyways, other than manually doing it. Enemy AI is pretty lame anyways, if you LoS anything it doesn't really follow you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Its just like anything, if everything you get is gold, it loses its lustre. If you get one gold piece every 10 rocks, well it makes you come back for more. Besides its not just "random rolls" the combinations of perks on weapons you can get now is far better than any "set" gun they ever had in vanilla. They still have their "curated" rolls that still drop and have quests for.

If you played Destiny 2 at launch for about a month or two, chances are you had pretty much everything, this is not a good thing either for a pseudo persistant mmo lite.

Destinys loot system is still kind of meh, though. Just not enough of it IMO.
So if I replace 9 of your 10 meals with a piece of dog shit, you'll enjoy that cup of dehydrated noodles EVEN MORE NOW? Wow, what a system.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Okay this whole, "RNG is CONTENT!" fad needs to fucking die. WoW did it and with whatever expansion was right before BFA and it sucked IMMENSE donkey balls getting a drop you wanted and boom, it's the shittiest roll it could ever be.

RNG is NEVER content.

When you are using the qualifier of "At least it's better than it was!" and the new system is RNG based stat distribution or RNG gated or any of the other RNG shit based systems you can be 100% certain that the system before was absolute shit and the new system was just created to placate people without doing much of any work on the actual issue of, "MAKE CONTENT..."

---

Streamers will ALWAYS grant triple A (shit it doesn't even need to be triple A) games with undeserved praise. If they do, there is a chance that dev will fly them out and give them free content.

Never take anything they say as truth because they are basically ALWAYS on the clock even when they aren't a #sponsored Stream.

Holy shit this is the best post I have ever seen on these forums.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I may print that out, frame the bitch, and put it right next to my Wild Country sign. Seriously. Fucking impressed GuardianX GuardianX

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So if I replace 9 of your 10 meals with a piece of dog shit, you'll enjoy that cup of dehydrated noodles EVEN MORE NOW? Wow, what a system.

Look, they tried Destiny 2 vanilla with set rolls and it failed HARD.

As to the content is not RNG shit, this is not a $15/mo game. And they cannot make content fast enough, I dont care what game youre playing, be it WOW, Destiny or this shit, it WILL not have enough content and you WILL be replaying shit over and over. I guess these types of loot and shoot games are just not for everyone, and thats cool. Some people are just content with story and campaign.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Look, they tried Destiny 2 vanilla with set rolls and it failed HARD.

As to the content is not RNG shit, this is not a $15/mo game. And they cannot make content fast enough, I dont care what game youre playing, be it WOW, Destiny or this shit, it WILL not have enough content and you WILL be replaying shit over and over. I guess these types of loot and shoot games are just not for everyone, and thats cool. Some people are just content with story and campaign.

I agree with that post too.Although the best game will get both right with hand crafted loot and story and campaign. And once that game comes, it will blow the socks off all of these looter shooters.

People want hand crafted designed loot. They have craved it since EQ and whether it was a mino axe, a ykesha, or a primal - solid legendary loot without random stats is what everyone would love to see.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I could murder everyone planning on paying any amount of money for this, I would.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This game is still colon cancer though. And I’ll still question myself why I’m going to spend 5 bucks to stick a rod up my ass and check for polyps when I know they are already there.

As someone who has had colon cancer: this looks worse.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree with that post too.Although the best game will get both right with hand crafted loot and story and campaign. And once that game comes, it will blow the socks off all of these looter shooters.

People want hand crafted designed loot. They have craved it since EQ and whether it was a mino axe, a ykesha, or a primal - solid legendary loot without random stats is what everyone would love to see.

Destiny vanilla and further had this shit, all guns were hand crafted, and the exotics are all hand crafted, and still are. Pretty much every gun Vanilla had was hand crafted and had a deisitinct feeling to it. Be it a explosive round hand cannon, or a 600RPM Assault rifle to the 390RPM pulse. The problem I see with your post is the campaign ends some time or another, so how do you keep people from bailing? Sure, add more content, yeah, but sadly like I said no company can keep pace, of good quality content drops that keeps people satisfied, and im not talking about 5 hr per week plebs, im taking gamers, like you or I. Blizzard could not do it in their premire WOW game. You still replayed shit ad-nausea but instead of RNG you were re-playing it for a .1% chance something you needed dropped. In EQ you had hand crafted loot, sure, but it, again, was hidden behind placeholders, spawn times, and drop rate chances, again, to keep you coming back.

Not everyone likes the slot machine loot, I get it. But I do. Every time something drops it could be that 7,7,7,7.

Its really the same shit, masked differently.

Last edited:
  • 1Like