Bioware's "Anthem"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At the end of the tutorial you end up with 160k Coin, which will let you buy both of the current Epic skins (Ranger / Colo). Seems all my Javelins are unlocked... by lvl3. Can run around as any of them. Voice acting is the only good aspect to the Story, but I wasn't expecting much tbh, so it doesn't really matter. Really hope as you progress you get more options to buy different types of "wear" costmetic... you get a Dirty and Aged by default and they both totally screw up how all other cosmetics look.

Performanc is "meh" at best for me with a 1060. Should improve with the 22nd patch, I hope. Somehow lost the Seeker Missle on my Ranger when I equipped the "legendary" Pulse Blast (sucks).

Certain sets of powers go into one "slot" like for the colossus you have a slot that can mount the mortar/ion bug zapper/flak cannon and then the other slot that can mount the flame thrower/acid spitter and some other stuff. The pulse blast and seeker missile share a slot I think so pick depending which you like to use for that option.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I was reading it sounds like the pulse blasts have some shield penetration on them that other weapons don't. So seeker is in general higher damage option but vs shielded targets the pulse blast in theory should be better. Given now annoying shielded targets are that could be very handy.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
According to Reddit it seems to be random (bug) how many Javelins you unlock from the start. I started with four.. lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I know Bioware has gone to shit, but how on earth could they release a game with a story this convoluted, this retarded is absolutely mind boggling. Like, a group of middle school fortnite kids could have written a better, more engaging and cohesive story (So long as those kids were boys). Wait, I just figured it out

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Certain sets of powers go into one "slot" like for the colossus you have a slot that can mount the mortar/ion bug zapper/flak cannon and then the other slot that can mount the flame thrower/acid spitter and some other stuff. The pulse blast and seeker missile share a slot I think so pick depending which you like to use for that option.
Yea, but when you change gear you shouldn't have the previous gear disappear. That is what happened to me, so I was stuck with the Pulse Blast until I could craft another Seeker Missle. The default Pulse Blast doesn't have shield penetration as far as I can tell, so that will probably be a perk on higher lvl'd gear.

Also an odd bug happens when you enter the Launch Bay (lvl6?). Your legendary weapon disappears from your inventory, the only way to get it back is to zone into Tarsis and re-equip it (minor issue since the weapon can be replaced with something better by 10-ish).

The voice acting has been really good though!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I know Bioware has gone to shit, but how on earth could they release a game with a story this convoluted, this retarded is absolutely mind boggling. Like, a group of middle school fortnite kids could have written a better, more engaging and cohesive story (So long as those kids were boys). Wait, I just figured it out

The original alpha test had the first mission in the game and I had hoped there would be some more clarity as to what the fuck was going on in this world by the time the game was released. Sounds like that has not come to pass.

I wish people would realize there is an actual medium place between 'Basil Exposition' and total 'in media res' to the point of absurdity.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well I'm back where the demo started. It's fun but now I'm just skipping all the story. The people just have nothing to say and decisions don't make a difference. The only character I listen to is Mathias.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I really dislike not seeing loot drops till the end of a mission. Might sound dumb, but seeing that shiny engram drop in Destiny was so satisfying.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
mind boggling

1450753675322.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so some big streamers started streaming this, and then I go run some errands, and I get home and they back to playing apex or something else, did something happen?

• 2Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
so some big streamers started streaming this, and then I go run some errands, and I get home and they back to playing apex or something else, did something happen?

Shit game still shit game? Miracle patch did not come?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Shit game still shit game? Miracle patch did not come?

no idea was thinking servers went down or something but there are still people streaming it

not a great sign when first day of AAA "anticipated game" release and it has less than 100k on twitch

Malkav

French Madman
The release actually improves flight control with m/kb quite a bit. In the demo I just couldn't fly smoothly, here I can on the default settings.

I also feel like the performances are way better. But maybe because I changed my CPU from a 6600k to a Ryzen 2600 last week and all those threads are feeding my 2080 better (gained like 20 fps at 3440*1440 everything maxed).

Kinda annoyed that my game crashed toward the end of that second mission (still testing my o/c stability in games, so yeah I got that coming) and had to restart all the way from the begining of the mission.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lirik and Shorty both experienced bugs, then decided to go play in an Apex tourney.

Bahroo and Seagull are almost ready to quit due to a silly Main Story quest that isn't party friendly and has you do like 20 objectives spread over 5 trials.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is so much stuff in this game that is mind boggling:

1. Load screens
Going to a mission, several during certain missions, completing a mission, going back to Fort etc. Mission completion takes forever to show xp/loot/etc.

2. Gameplay
Most of the gameplay seem to be fly there, stand in circle, kill waves of enemies. Gunplay feels really awkward. I also hate the fact that you basically have to hug your team - or the game will start counting down before it wants to teleport you to them.

3. Story
Seriously, who wrote this? Its just cringe material.

4. Graphics
Still pretty unoptimized, better then the demo but running stuff on low to get solid 60 fps on a 1080ti?

5. Bugs
Had a few missions that we had to restart due to the mission not loading enemies etc.

I really wanted to like this game. Glad though that EA Access gave me the opportunity to try it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
There is so much stuff in this game that is mind boggling:

1. Load screens
Going to a mission, several during certain missions, completing a mission, going back to Fort etc. Mission completion takes forever to show xp/loot/etc.

2. Gameplay
Most of the gameplay seem to be fly there, stand in circle, kill waves of enemies. Gunplay feels really awkward. I also hate the fact that you basically have to hug your team - or the game will start counting down before it wants to teleport you to them.

3. Story
Seriously, who wrote this? Its just cringe material.

4. Graphics
Still pretty unoptimized, better then the demo but running stuff on low to get solid 60 fps on a 1080ti?

5. Bugs
Had a few missions that we had to restart due to the mission not loading enemies etc.

I really wanted to like this game. Glad though that EA Access gave me the opportunity to try it.

Agree with all this (except 4), game is an absolute slog to play. The design decisions are just awful top to bottom. I wanted to get to the endgame to form a final opinion but honestly doubt i'll ever get there.

As far as number 4 goes, I have everything maxed on my 1080ti and haven't even come close to dipping below 60. At least not that i've noticed. Game is pretty as fuck but that's about all it's got going for it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, from the looks of it and what everyone predicted, looks like a nail in the coffin for this once stellar dev house.

And it sucks. Big publishers kill another one.

• 3Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Everytime i level to 6 i crash and come back as 5 - if i enter Freeplay as 6 i turn into level 1 then i log back in and im level 5 again lol wtf is this shit.

• 2Triggered
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users