Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Actually I made fun of you for NOT salting me. Try to keep up. And get out of here with this remember when shit; negs were anonymous, they were not the same thing. I LOVE salt on this forum because its not anonymous. I love to know who is fucking salty enough to take the time out to express their butthurt but not competent enough to defend why. Its amazing. Its why I was so disappointed you didn't salt me the second time. :(

But I fixed that just by chastising you, and like a good bitch you sat right up and made sure to fix your mistake literally minutes after I called you out on it. LOL. How much do you yearn for my approval? How embarrassing.
...Hodj? Is that you??

It is all starting to make sense now. Lithose & Hodj are the same person!

Think of that poor keyboard :(

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't like the falling into a vat of ooze origin for Harley Quinn. Being corrupted over time by a strong influence is a real thing and was the original and best of her origins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
They retconned that?

It's was the third best part of harley. But I guess saying that a,professional woman had daddy issues so severe that she willingly beca!e the thrall of a mass murderer is not particularly gurlpower. Hits a nerve, maybe.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
They retconned that?

It's was the third best part of harley. But I guess saying that a,professional woman had daddy issues so severe that she willingly beca!e the thrall of a mass murderer is not particularly gurlpower. Hits a nerve, maybe.
But that's what makes her relatable and when she meets those moments of redeemable opportunities, they're more gripping. Because sometimes she takes them and other times she doesn't. Just like we do.

Throw her in a vat and she's just a metahuman monster. nothing we can do about it. oh well. I guess she's hot.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I know things were happening in this trailer, I have no idea why it would encourage me to see those things though

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't like the falling into a vat of ooze origin for Harley Quinn. Being corrupted over time by a strong influence is a real thing and was the original and best of her origins.

But the ooze isn't her origin. It's still mostly the same story of how she fell under Joker's thrall, they just changed it slightly with the ooze basically being her committing suicide to prove how much she loved him. Then he's like 'fuck it i guess i actually like having this crazy bitch around' and he jumps in to save her. Her origin was one of the few things they didn't fuck up.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Zero appeal and no desire to see this. Mid trailer I was getting annoyed with her lines.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My interest went from very low to non-existent. That looked horrible.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
All you straight white women hating men, of course you dont want to see a movie about women of power!
(This is sarcasm btw, but when the movie bombs rest assured this will be the reason they claim...not that them movie is shit)

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Margot Robbie is hot as fuck, and I can admit that she's a fucking perfect Harley Quinn...but this is going to be absolute shit. You can't even tell what is supposed to be happening other than I guess Ethan Hawke wants to capture them or something?

And come on, Rosie Perez? I hated her 25 years ago, and she hasn't gotten any better.

Maximum cringe. Coworker (who is an idiot) said it looked good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Margot Robbie is hot as fuck, and I can admit that she's a fucking perfect Harley Quinn...but this is going to be absolute shit. You can't even tell what is supposed to be happening other than I guess Ethan Hawke wants to capture them or something?

And come on, Rosie Perez? I hated her 25 years ago, and she hasn't gotten any better.

Maximum cringe. Coworker (who is an idiot) said it looked good.
did you at least ask him what he found "good" about it? cuz it looks like some abstract Deadpool knockoff based on nonsense.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I don't think Margot plays a good Harley. It getting annoying fast. There is nothing interesting about her character. The essence of Harley is just lost in smart ass quips. Like every line is a smart ass quip or comment.

No meat at all to her inner struggle with sanity, etc. Its just mailed in performance and script writing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was distracted by her falling in and out of copying Arleen Sorkin's jersey/brooklyn mashup which I don't remember her doing in Suicide Squad.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Imagine if they let Ryan Reynolds run this production like he runs Deadpool films. It would be fantabulous. Instead, it is poop on a stick.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
But the ooze isn't her origin. It's still mostly the same story of how she fell under Joker's thrall, they just changed it slightly with the ooze basically being her committing suicide to prove how much she loved him. Then he's like 'fuck it i guess i actually like having this crazy bitch around' and he jumps in to save her. Her origin was one of the few things they didn't fuck up.
I'm pretty sure he pushes her in.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think Margot plays a good Harley. It getting annoying fast. There is nothing interesting about her character. The essence of Harley is just lost in smart ass quips. Like every line is a smart ass quip or comment.

No meat at all to her inner struggle with sanity, etc. Its just mailed in performance and script writing.

Growing up with the animated series, that's all I remember about Harley was just the one line throwaway comments.

Honestly think most here are rustled just because it's her own story and not her being subservient to Joker in his story. Almost doing the SJW's work for them to an extent.

• 4Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users