Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Good Lord y'all are so spot on - is there a single, intriguing thing in that trailer? Is there a........a theme? A bad guy? Jesus at this point it would be an improvement just to see generic bright light/laser shining into the sky that the anti-heroes have to oppose.

I don't want to always go back to the old "it's a Guurrrrl Power" movie because that seems so trite at this point. But is that all this movie is????

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good Lord y'all are so spot on - is there a single, intriguing thing in that trailer? Is there a........a theme? A bad guy? Jesus at this point it would be an improvement just to see generic bright light/laser shining into the sky that the anti-heroes have to oppose.

I don't want to always go back to the old "it's a Guurrrrl Power" movie because that seems so trite at this point. But is that all this movie is????
It felt like it could be appealing to women seeking a movie like this.
It reminds me of female comedy. To me it's awful. But not only awful, consistently samey -- For like 20 years, my entire span of viewing women comedy. This points to genre, it's a type that has audience enough to keep it afloat.
I get that same vibe with this movie. I clearly imagine those viewers not being turned off and instead turned on by her voice style.

Women are entering the nerd/dork arena. This should improve things for "us" overall, but it also means that there will be pools of woman garbage that they like and we don't.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I will probably see this when I get around to seeing Justice League and Aquaman... which is most likely never because I don't give a shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It reminds me of female comedy. To me it's awful. But not only awful, consistently samey -- For like 20 years, my entire span of viewing women comedy. This points to genre, it's a type that has audience enough to keep it afloat.
I get that same vibe with this movie. I clearly imagine those viewers not being turned off and instead turned on by her voice style.

Women are entering the nerd/dork arena. This should improve things for "us" overall, but it also means that there will be pools of woman garbage that they like and we don't.
it looks like a Paul Feig production is what you're saying. and i completely agree. these people never ever learn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

That is a really interesting point. Bridesmaids, Spy/The Heat, shit like that, all comedies aimed at women. Romantic comedies similarly. And now that there are more women "nerds" there may be a market for comic book or sci-fi movies oriented to the same audience.

But I feel like it is destined to fail. Definitely all the women I have known entertained these genres but eventually grew tired of them and moved on back to their comfortable spots. It is the same with this whole bullshit push for women in STEM. It may increase but guaranteed if there wasn't a concerted push it would return to original levels. I feel like the same is going to happen with these movies, and games I guess, and it barely gets supported even when it is practically enforced. Oceans 8 anyone? New Ghostbusters? You can't socially engineer what people like, at least long term.

Are there enough cucks out there to start making romantic comedies aimed at men? Wouldn't work for my generation, but men have definitely changed since I was 20.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That is a really interesting point. Bridesmaids, Spy/The Heat, shit like that, all comedies aimed at women. Romantic comedies similarly. And now that there are more women "nerds" there may be a market for comic book or sci-fi movies oriented to the same audience.

But I feel like it is destined to fail. Definitely all the women I have known entertained these genres but eventually grew tired of them and moved on back to their comfortable spots. It is the same with this whole bullshit push for women in STEM. It may increase but guaranteed if there wasn't a concerted push it would return to original levels. I feel like the same is going to happen with these movies, and games I guess, and it barely gets supported even when it is practically enforced. Oceans 8 anyone? New Ghostbusters? You can't socially engineer what people like, at least long term.

Are there enough cucks out there to start making romantic comedies aimed at men? Wouldn't work for my generation, but men have definitely changed since I was 20.
there are more women nerds because more women are being pressured to "have a career" instead of having a family. so why the fuck would a woman watch romcoms and romantic dramas when there is no successful man wanting anything to do with a woman who doesnt want a family? that shit just depresses them. better to watch lonely female empowerment films with their 20 cats and pat themselves on the back for not needing a man!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know what their target audience is for this movie, i just can't figure out how they expect it to make money or launch anything else.

Did someone sign a multi-movie contract and they have to fulfill it?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
New Trailer...still looks like shit
ya know, the way this is being laid out, with its silly girl shit and over the top colors and cartoon violence, it almost feels like its being marketed to a younger audience. like 13 year olds. lemme guess. this is pg 13? i think they will have better luck with a bunch of dumb teenage girls than trying to convince any adults or men to watch this shitshow.

i also think they fucked up bigtime with the name. it should just be called The Adventures of Harley Quinn and her Birds of Prey. or simply Harley Quinn

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
ya know, the way this is being laid out, with its silly girl shit and over the top colors and cartoon violence, it almost feels like its being marketed to a younger audience. like 13 year olds. lemme guess. this is pg 13? i think they will have better luck with a bunch of dumb teenage girls than trying to convince any adults or men to watch this shitshow.
Umm this shit is aimed at adults. This is rated R and so is the new Harley Quinn cartoon on DCUniverse.

• 1WTF

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't really know shit about Harley Quinn, but fuck, even the name of this thing makes me want to vomit; it's so goddamn pretentious. Looks fucking awful.