Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well his recent endorsement doesn't seem to have made much of a difference anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Trying to figure out what catalysts are going to push crypto up through the next levels. I suppose institutional investments are going to be the primary drivers.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Anyone having luck buying ADA through Coinbase Pro? My order isnt going through with message "Post Only Mode"

1616083378012.png

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
yeah a buddy is having problems buying the ADA on coinbase pro. I was able to buy though so I wonder what's wrong.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
A month or so ago I exchanged BTC for ADA through Exodus. Went to buy more ADA today through coinbase pro, I do not have any option to purchase it. No idea what the hell is going on.

edit: Appears to be mobile app only. Can purchase through web browser.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Coinbase Pro wont load for me anymore

I think theyre getting hammered hard

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Alright, im looking at ADA and seeing a huge sell off. Where's it going to land and why would I want to buy this?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Alright, im looking at ADA and seeing a huge sell off. Where's it going to land and why would I want to buy this?
Take these articles for what you will, but it now has the third highest market cap of any coin out there (other than BTC/ETH)

from 2018 and turned out to be solid advice - Reasons Why HODLing Cardano (ADA) Is A Good Idea

more recent - 4 weeks ago - Investing in Cardano (ADA) – Everything You Need to Know

Like everything, make educated determinations if this should be in your portfolio.

edit: also highly recommend limit buys to not get fucked by coinbase/coinbase pro if you are using them as an exchange

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
PSA

Trading on leverage in an unregulated(unregulatable) market like Bitcoin is dumb. Shady exchanges are going to manipulate the price short term to liquidate as many of you as possible. Ran across this and wanted to share since I know some of you are playing or thinking about playing this game.

Green lines are longs Notice how there is always a dip when they get high enough. Easy money for somebody but not you. Anyone shilling leveraged exchanges is actively trying to harm you, don't listen to them. Stop watching their garbage youtube channels.

1616088010452.png

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I put in a limit buy for BTC the other day. low balled. never hit. decided to swap it to more ada.

My first ADA buys were in Feb. 16th at .87c
Then a bit more on the 2th, at $1.09.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
PSA

Trading on leverage in an unregulated(unregulatable) market like Bitcoin is dumb. Shady exchanges are going to manipulate the price short term to liquidate as many of you as possible. Ran across this and wanted to share since I know some of you are playing or thinking about playing this game.

Green lines are longs Notice how there is always a dip when they get high enough. Easy money for somebody but not you. Anyone shilling leveraged exchanges is actively trying to harm you, don't listen to them. Stop watching their garbage youtube channels.

View attachment 342852
This is a good point and very true. Social media really is the worst for all of this. Huge pump and dump schemes everywhere.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm thinking this was a case of people playing the "Buy the rumor, sell the news" angle on it.
I know people are making bank on altcoins but I just have a hard time buying anything not BTC.

BTC controls the price of crypto for the most part - long term.
So yea, idk.

I'm waiting for an altcoin that's decoupled from BTC.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know people are making bank on altcoins but I just have a hard time buying anything not BTC.

So yea, idk.

It seems like some smaller coins move independently from BTC, but as soon as they reach a certain size/volume they get caught in the BTC net. All major crypto coins seem tied to BTC for the foreseeable future.

That said, the limitations and environmental issues surrounding BTC are very real, and it seems pretty obvious that it's not an option for an actual practical spending coin in the future.

Finding the future coin for when Bitcoin maxes out seems to be the smart move to me right now. I personally like ethereum because they will soon be solving the environmental and transaction speed issues. Don't underestimate what a big deal it is that eth is about to reduce their environmental footprint by 99%. That's a huge deal.

Plus, eth is already the foundation for so much of the blockchain infrastructure out there. So many things are built on ethereum, including NFTs.

Edit: Bitcoin Could Boom 430% but Ethereum May Still Steal its Thunder | Benzinga

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>

So yea, idk.

Well, from a market psychology perspective the whole cryptocurrency market seems to move with BTC. Waiting for that to change will probably mean waiting for ETH2.0 and hoping it moons in order to put it on market cap parity with BTC. From a technology standpoint tons of altcoins aren't technically connected to BTC.

But I'm in the same boat. I have a few small bags of a few altcoins, and about 90% of my portfolio is a 50/50 split position between BTC and ETH.

The small coins I'm into are usually ones where I hear some hype blurb about it somewhere, then to read up on the coin and it's something that speaks to me on a philosophical level (like privacy specific projects, and some things in the Defi space). I don't suspect any of them are going to make me rich. I follow the CryptoLark mantra of investing in long term growth coins (i.e. btc/eth) with the majority of your money and small (like 1% or less) investments in altcoins you like. That way if an altcoin tanks 50-75% you're only out .5-.75% of your stake, but if it moons (10-20-50x) you make a nice little chunk off it, which you can then dump back into the major coins.

I have a good "day job" which I don't plan on sacrificing to have the time to become a "degenerate" day trader... So I'm looking for things I can manage and make money off of only looking at once a day.

• 1Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Coinbase pro is fucked. They were charging 50 cents more than what it was going for on Binance at the very same time.