Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Just pointing out the fact Coinbase pro was charging 1.65 each ADA vs Binance.US for 1.26 at the very same time. Not connected but why buy from Coinbase pro at such a mark up?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So, managing a stable of OnlyFans Thots?
That falls under "maintain a diversified portfolio"...

Just pointing out the fact Coinbase pro was charging 1.65 each ADA vs Binance.US for 1.26 at the very same time. Not connected but why buy from Coinbase pro at such a mark up?
The answer is... Buy them on Binance, sell them on Coinbase. (Just like the old horde/alliance AH arbitrage)

Also, ADA is on regular Coinbase now too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Because the exchanges list them for what the people on that specific exchange are selling them for. Coinbase isnt deciding that. If the lowest price being offered is 1.65 they aren't going to magically find sellers at 1.26. I believe they opened transfers to coinbase wallets the day or 2 before. It would have been a real easy flip knowing that the price was going to spike on listing.

As for the reason why, probably just comes down to ignorance that its available on other exchanges or the unwillingness to sign up with multiple exchanges. Signing up and getting funds transferred can be a pain in the ass. Binance.us is also banned in some US states, but people could have used kraken, so thats sort of irrelevant.

Caliane

Rates are per exchange. a higher rate on one, would be due to higher traffic. like Louis said, its not coinbase making that call. its the traders. in that case, it just meant one or the other was not caught up.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, there's even a project now called Unilayer (I believe) that specifically is a Dex and price checks something like 18 exchanges to get you the best rate for your trade.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Almost halfway to being paid out on 2miners, at $41. My estimation is approximately 50 cents of power a day.

Not half bad for only part time mining in 9 days really, with only one GPU.

Fuck, I wish I'd bought a fat stack of video cards last year.

earnings.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It’s amazing what a single or dual setup will do. Any plans for your withdrawal?

Gonna try out different pools after I get paid out. Other than that I’ll just keep it in eth.

If eth 2.0 crashes the video card market I’m gonna buy a few thousand dollars worth of cards and speculative mine stuff for fun.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gonna try out different pools after I get paid out. Other than that I’ll just keep it in eth.

If eth 2.0 crashes the video card market I’m gonna buy a few thousand dollars worth of cards and speculative mine stuff for fun.
Jackie is the Dr. Evil of get rich quick schemes.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider

I have a big bad 32 dollars from the past few days. I need to go back to Eth like we talked. My fucking laptop with a 2060 super in it is wrecking my 1080 due to a 400 power supply I forgot I threw in this rig 4 years ago. No wonder it never lived up to the true hype. My Alienware is due to arrive on Sunday. I want to see what the 3080 can do with the 1k power supply. I still have 4k to spend on making a rig my wife demanded us to make. Finding the cards is such a pain in the ass I might as well buy a antminer.

1616210719773.png

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Almost halfway to being paid out on 2miners, at $41. My estimation is approximately 50 cents of power a day.

Not half bad for only part time mining in 9 days really, with only one GPU.

Fuck, I wish I'd bought a fat stack of video cards last year.

View attachment 343147

I've got four working laptops here to potentially mine. One of them is pretty beat-up and needs like $500 in repairs so I probably wouldn't use that one. The other 3 are all modern (two high-spec 2020 Lenovos, one mid-spec 2018 Lenovo). It'd obviously be a lot better if they were desktops, but I wonder what numbers I could do with them for mining if I ran all 3 simultaneously while sleeping / not home. It'd equate to about 15 hours a day. Laptops may not cut it...though on the 2020s I've got 32 GB RAM, i7 processors, solid video cards, etc. I'm willing to give it a shot. If it goes well (isn't incredibly slow), I'll get the fourth one repaired and get that one going too (presumably it'd eventually pay for itself).

What's the best thing to mine at this point, ETH or BTC?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Soon as I realized ADA was on regular Coinbase today I grabbed it. Big buy at $1.28, going to hang onto that for a while.

When ETH becomes ETH 2.0, is everyone's existing holding in ETH going to just convert over to the new one? I'm interested to see what kind of a jump ETH gets out of this.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have insight into what happened with the ETH miners trying to jump into a single pool to threaten the ETH devs out of flying to proof of stake?

Last I heard it made the devs nice the time line up significantly.

Which I like.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
First, they have to have at least 4gb of video ram...

Looks like 25 MH/s , if you pay what I pay for electricity you will be making around a romp stomping 10-15 cents per day per card. So around 60 cents per day.

This is as per Miningchamp - Find hashrate of Graphics card

They have 8 GB RAM and that site says they’re 32.5 MH/s. Not sure how to determine the precise watts usage though.

It says I can make $50 per month per card based on guesstimating.

Caliane

Soon as I realized ADA was on regular Coinbase today I grabbed it. Big buy at $1.28, going to hang onto that for a while.

When ETH becomes ETH 2.0, is everyone's existing holding in ETH going to just convert over to the new one? I'm interested to see what kind of a jump ETH gets out of this.
Eth 2.0 isn't going to be a new coin. if you have Eth, you have eth 2.0. well its more like eth 1.4.76 atm.

• 1Truth!

Caliane

It seems like some smaller coins move independently from BTC, but as soon as they reach a certain size/volume they get caught in the BTC net. All major crypto coins seem tied to BTC for the foreseeable future.

That said, the limitations and environmental issues surrounding BTC are very real, and it seems pretty obvious that it's not an option for an actual practical spending coin in the future.

Finding the future coin for when Bitcoin maxes out seems to be the smart move to me right now. I personally like ethereum because they will soon be solving the environmental and transaction speed issues. Don't underestimate what a big deal it is that eth is about to reduce their environmental footprint by 99%. That's a huge deal.

Plus, eth is already the foundation for so much of the blockchain infrastructure out there. So many things are built on ethereum, including NFTs.

Edit: Bitcoin Could Boom 430% but Ethereum May Still Steal its Thunder | Benzinga
yeah, heres some more discussion on the topic.

"Why eth is still underrated."-reddit

that thread, has a couple interesting replies, via tweets.
This one is discussing developers. Eth just... crushes everything else.

lots of charts and data in that tweet thread.

Then theres this one, discussing EIP-1559 and proof of stake. This one is theorizing, when Eth swaps over to proof of stake, the price will skyrocket, and its being depreciated by being proof of work still. (also, points out, probably won't happen in 2021.) Some counter arguments against pos price as well.

• 2Like