Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Microstrategy spun out the hope domain into a full on Bitcoin education site. I haven't dug into it much but looks like a pretty good beginner resource.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm trying out something for a gamble / fun.

Nicehash hash power marketplace. From what I've read generally a crapshoot where you lose your money, but some days you can make money. Many factors at play, and they even have a bot for it that I'm not using.

I just bought $100 in bitcoin worth of Ethereum mining for 1.5 hours. That's right, $100 for 1.5 hours! It hooks up to the pool of your choice (I'm using 2miners again.)

It's currently spooled up at just under 11 gigahash / second.

I will almost certainly lose money on this, but let's see how much!

The idea is, in general you want to place a hashrate limit so you're paying for a longer mining time, because (and I'm probably gonna get this wrong because I'm not the smartest on this crap,) you want to be mining while your pool hits a block.

I am paying for unlimited speed for as long as $100 in bitcoin buys me, which is probably the dumber way to do it all around, because your pool is less likely to solve and get you a payout.

I'll probably try it again with another $100 but with a greatly capped speed and see how it does.

gigahash.jpg

Last edited:

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I'm trying out something for a gamble / fun.

Nicehash hash power marketplace. From what I've read generally a crapshoot where you lose your money, but some days you can make money. Many factors at play, and they even have a bot for it that I'm not using.

I just bought $100 in bitcoin worth of Ethereum mining for 1.5 hours. That's right, $100 for 1.5 hours! It hooks up to the pool of your choice (I'm using 2miners again.)

It's currently spooled up at just under 11 gigahash / second.

I will almost certainly lose money on this, but let's see how much!

The idea is, in general you want to place a hashrate limit so you're paying for a longer mining time, because (and I'm probably gonna get this wrong because I'm not the smartest on this crap,) you want to be mining while your pool hits a block.

I am paying for unlimited speed for as long as $100 in bitcoin buys me, which is probably the dumber way to do it all around, because your pool is less likely to solve and get you a payout.

I'll probably try it again with another $100 but with a greatly capped speed and see how it does.

View attachment 345638
I’m at $150 in BTC from nicehash. Very interested how this turns out. It’s mainly play money for me at this point anyways. Wishing you big success!!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Teh hell? I posted shares, but nothing is showing up in my wallet?

View attachment 345640

You don’t get paid out until you reach 0.05 ETH in 2miners. They don’t pay you every share. That’s why I was saying earlier I got paid out “for the first time” since March 10th when I decided to give this a go for fun. The $100 in ETH I was paid represents me meeting 0.05 registered in my address on the tracker.

What you do is plug your ether wallet address into the main page on 2miners and it’ll tell you your progress.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What you do is plug your ether wallet address into the main page on 2miners and it’ll tell you your progress.

Yeah, I'm doing that. Nothing's showing up. I know I don't get "paid" until later.

My issue is that nothing's showing up when I input my wallet address.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’m at $150 in BTC from nicehash. Very interested how this turns out. It’s mainly play money for me at this point anyways. Wishing you big success!!

Yeah I’ll post the results later today. Then maybe later I’ll do the rate limited one for the hell of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm doing that. Nothing's showing up. I know I don't get "paid" until later.

My issue is that nothing's showing up when I input my wallet address.
Hmm. Double check all the info is right, address for 2miners, port, your wallet in gminer, then just give it a bit. It’ll show up if everything is right.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm. Double check all the info is right, address for 2miners, port, your wallet in gminer, then just give it a bit. It’ll show up if everything is right.
Oh, I have to use THEIR wallet?

[edit] Are these literally the only options: You could download the wallet with complete blockchain: official Ethereum or use the online wallet MyEtherWallet or generate an address at crypto exchange, for example Binance or Gate.io.?

I figured these were suggestions.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Oh, I have to use THEIR wallet?

[edit] Are these literally the only options: You could download the wallet with complete blockchain: official Ethereum or use the online wallet MyEtherWallet or generate an address at crypto exchange, for example Binance or Gate.io.?

I figured these were suggestions.

No, you can use your own wallet of course. I am sure any work. If nothing shows up on 2miners within an hour I’d think something is wrong, but I’m no expert.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's funny because when I sold at 58k I told people "now it's gonna go through the roof, you're welcome" as a joke. Maybe I should buy back in?

Glad I held my ether, not so glad that I only have 10% of the ether I wanted to get while it was low, but what can ya do.

Thinking about dropping Dash and ADA for more Eth but I like the idea of diversifying too so I don't know.

Diversification is technically smart. Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with ETH and BTC, however you split it. The other coins... I'm not so sure about. I think those are much more a straight gamble. I'm personally going to defy conventional wisdom and go balls deep in ETH with a little bit in VET- that's it.

My objective is to get 10 ETH and just sit on it for a long time. Hopefully stake it at some point for a regular passive income.