Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, this is an important note and the reason I lost $30 on a blown transaction. Always buy less than you have available. So if you're buying $500 of something with Eth, have $550 in Eth first. 30 for the gas fee, 20 for adjustments. Cause I tried to buy 500 TB with 500+gas fees in Eth, and then the price changed to that much TB being worth 502 while I was doing that and the transaction bounced (being $2 short) while still charging me $30 for gas.

This system seems pretty ass

Anyway speaking of ass, I got out of Doge at .51, lost $240. Would have only lost $50 if I got out last night, but I was hoping for a Monday morning rally. Nope, looks like Doge might be cooked after this weekend's debacle.

It's okay, I can face-tank the loss, considering I was working with "house money" anyway. Still feels like a stupid, avoidable loss, which is depressing. Doge money going back on Eth, where it should have been all along.
Can't wait for Doge to explode again and for you to repeat this entire process.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 6 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've lived on the internet since 14.4k modems existed and I find the process of buying and selling crypto to be extremely obfuscated and riddled with ridiculous fees and not worth it. I ended up purchasing tons of greyscale ETHE shares instead.

I imagine the crypto market will explode when an actual user-friendly exchange that isn't slamming users with ridiculous fees is implemented by someone.

ETHE is for boomers, I'd roll that into actual crypto when you get an opportunity. Creating a wallet is not hard, sending transactions is not hard, and interacting with Aave is not hard. All of that can be learned with about 15 minutes spent reading about wallets, my 50 year old optometrist just did it this morning during my eye exam. Yes, going full on degen on Uniswap is expensive and hard right now, but that's so beyond what you're talking about.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I've lived on the internet since 14.4k modems existed and I find the process of buying and selling crypto to be extremely obfuscated and riddled with ridiculous fees and not worth it. I ended up purchasing tons of greyscale ETHE shares instead.

I imagine the crypto market will explode when an actual user-friendly exchange that isn't slamming users with ridiculous fees is implemented by someone.
If you get Voyager you simply purchase the coins with your checking account.

it's only when you go down the rabbit hole to the brand new stuff /shit coins or when you try to convert one currency to another do you even have to worry about gas fees and all the bullshit.

but i share your sentiments because everything related to ETH seemingly burns your money if you try to move it and is a huge pain in the ass.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
ETHE is for boomers, I'd roll that into actual crypto when you get an opportunity. Creating a wallet is not hard, sending transactions is not hard, and interacting with Aave is not hard. All of that can be learned with about 15 minutes spent reading about wallets, my 50 year old optometrist just did it this morning during my eye exam. Yes, going full on degen on Uniswap is expensive and hard right now, but that's so beyond what you're talking about.
I know how all the pieces work but I'm not looking to fuck around playing the 2021 equivalent of Dopewars for nickels. I'm investing over 100k in Ethereum and all that bullshit is way too insecure.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Gas fees are the #1 thing that need to come down for crypto to be a better mouse trap.

But, like I’ve said before. If you try to transfer $2k by wire it’s a $65 fee. So, bank transfers gas is shit too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20210510_141724.jpg

How do I remove something from my list in Binance's Wallet Overview? I don't want to look at Doge anymore! Can't seem to get those last few cents off of it.

20210510_141909.jpg

Another issue with Binance: Requested a withdrawal on Friday and it still hasn't gone through. Is it normal for withdrawals to sit there like this? Maybe a bank issue? Maybe because it was a weekend? Maybe because Binance is in China? I've taken out small amounts (like $300) before and never had this issue.

20210510_141957.jpg

Elsewhere, here's what Coinbase Wallet looks like. 665 Truebit, waaay less than it should be in dollars. Wtf. I think the Ether value is accurate, making it even weirder.

20210510_142039.jpg

Here's the Truebit transaction, which also shows the erroneous amount but the correct 665.

20210510_142325.jpg

I was wrong, Uniswap IS showing the correct value. Here's what my 665 Truebit would sell for. So the issue seems to be with Coinbase Wallet, which we've established is ass

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
When Ive moved around alt coins in the past I’ve run into leftover .00001 decimals in exchanges. It’s super annoying. They’ll be there forever unless the value increases to pay for the gas fee lol.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I learned recently how to go from owning Ethereum in Binance.US —> transferring the Ethereum from the Ethereum mainnet to the Polygon mainnet —> then putting my MATIC to work in AAVE.

It took me an entire evening — literally from 3 PM to 11 PM — having never used Metamask or my hardware wallet before, getting them set up, etcetera. But now that I’ve done that I feel like everything is quite straightforward.

There was lessons to be learned, like ALWAYS LEAVE COINS FOR GAS IN METAMASK.

Fucking painful having to buy more ETH just to get your gas flowing again and transferring it and everything else.

Buying crypto on the major exchanges is easy. The rest would be daunting for a public not nearly as tech focused as much of us here are.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
I tested over the weekend transferring my MATIC to AscendEX (had to use a vpn to sign up here and wait 24 hours before I could withdraw). Then withdraw the MATIC directly onto the Polygon network. They have a bridge from their exchange to the Polygon network so you dont have to pay the ETH fee. I had to pay 2 MATIC for a 250 MATIC withdraw. It's annoying but it's a way to get onto the MATIC network currently without paying the dumb ETH fees.

The only thing that scares me is i'll transfer in money then they'll lock my account. I've only been doing 200$ at a time in the event this happens.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I learned recently how to go from owning Ethereum in Binance.US —> transferring the Ethereum from the Ethereum mainnet to the Polygon mainnet —> then putting my MATIC to work in AAVE.

It took me an entire evening — literally from 3 PM to 11 PM — having never used Metamask or my hardware wallet before, getting them set up, etcetera. But now that I’ve done that I feel like everything is quite straightforward.

There was lessons to be learned, like ALWAYS LEAVE COINS FOR GAS IN METAMASK.

Fucking painful having to buy more ETH just to get your gas flowing again and transferring it and everything else.

Buying crypto on the major exchanges is easy. The rest would be daunting for a public not nearly as tech focused as much of us here are.
I was going to say... I know the last 10 pages are in English, these are definitely English words from the language that we all share, and yet...

If I came up with Forum currency this fucking complicated and with this many pitfalls I'd be accused of being the PT Barnum of internet forums inside of an hour.

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Again, worth remembering all these barriers and annoyances are what is keeping the prices low enough for normal people to get in cheap and early. Once they are gone prices will skyrocket.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, anything you can’t acquire on an exchange is kind of a shitshow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm investing over 100k in Ethereum and all that bullshit is way too insecure.

No, you're investing over 100k in an Ethereum based trust fund, and wallets are definitely secure enough to hold several times that amount without worrying about it, ask me how I know.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Lol, kind of a lofty comparison, don't you think?

We are more like a homeless person trying to sell views of a trouser snake to buy more mad dog 2020
A snake oil salesman peddling a place to watch circus freaks? I thought it was pretty good. Bumfights is so 2007.

And now that I think about a new forum currency specifically designed to have pitfalls and random 'losses'.... hmmmm, when is April 1st again?

varney-trollface-2.gif

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
A snake oil salesman peddling a place to watch circus freaks? I thought it was pretty good. Bumfights is so 2007.

And now that I think about a new forum currency specifically designed to have pitfalls and random 'losses'.... hmmmm, when is April 1st again?

varney-trollface-2.gif

You should launch FolerCoin but it can only be exchanged for NFT pics of black cocks.

Make it forum currency and give him like 1000 coins upon his unbanning

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users