Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
CEO of Coinbase said it will be adding Doge in 1-2 months. Retailers are starting to pick it up as a payment method furthering it's legitimacy. Y'all have persuaded me look at making some non-gamble plays in the crypto space, so I added some funds in ETH at $3700 and BTC at $48kish. Elon created some good entry points yesterday. I also bought back into Doge at $.39 yesterday as well. I can see Elon announcing the acceptance of Doge for Tesla payments in the near future and will create a nice pump. I put a deposit down on the Cybertruck and would be sweet to pay for a decent portion of it with Doge.

Boy did I choose a great time to get in. When you buy the dip, but it keeps dipping...

dip buy.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Silver is a historically better buy.

My local tax law makes it less so because gold is VAT exempt but silver is not. There are ways around it but if I ever want to take possession I'd have to pay 20% tax on silver.

• 1Clown World
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
My local tax law makes it less so because gold is VAT exempt but silver is not. There are ways around it but if I ever want to take possession I'd have to pay 20% tax on silver.
Take possession meaning you're owning paper gold? Bold move....

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Why do people love XRP so much? I can’t even find it on an exchange since Coinbase delisted it.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
XRP once upon a time looked like it had some worthwhile tech even if it was "semi-centralized," but it turns out it was just a giant pump and dump scheme and centralization is anathema to blockchain design.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Take possession meaning you're owning paper gold? Bold move....
No, I own physical gold. Taking posession referred to the silver workaround (storing it in a customs depot so it's not officially in the country and not subject to VAT - if I then wanted to have it delivered I'd have to pay tax)

XRP can still be traded on Kraken.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gold, Euro. I may buy back into crypto once it has deflated like I did with bitcoin in 2019. Not worried about 4% annual inflation when BTC is losing 4% a day.

Also, lol at whoever meganegged my previous post. Tip: emotions are your not your friend when it comes to investing, do not become emotionally attached to whatever you are holding.

That was me, I actually wanted to do the Failure to Launch reaction and I guess I mistook the plane crash for it. I undid it

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is Eth 10k+ yet?

if not, its not time to sell.

Agreed

Boy did I choose a great time to get in. When you buy the dip, but it keeps dipping...

View attachment 354339

NOW EVERYONE KNOWS HOW IT FEELS TO BE RAJAAH

I did the same thing in 2018 and doubled my money.

Seriously though I'm really curious how the 2018 bubble worked out for people here. Did it feel like things were headed to the moon? How deflating was the fall, or were people confident it'd get better later? Did a lot of the people who bought in at the worst time then tough it out through an overall loss until it bounced back a couple years later? I feel like there are some cautionary tales and lessons to be learned from the Great Battle of 2018 in the crypto market.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
SO my shot at TA based on this "Elon Crash"...
1621299840060.png

Blue lines show how once the Elon Crash started you had three lower highs set in... then ONE higher high.. then three lower highs.. then ONE higher high.. then three lower highs...

If this plays out then we're going to see $46K BTC in the next 12 hours... then cascading down to around 40k.

Counter to this is the fact that the last three lows establish a flat line to barely improving higher low, which hasn't been happening. Which might be indicating finding the floor.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ohh what's that shape called it looks like regurgitated spaghetti but it could be rocky mountain toes I suppose.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Seriously though I'm really curious how the 2018 bubble worked out for people here. Did it feel like things were headed to the moon? How deflating was the fall, or were people confident it'd get better later? Did a lot of the people who bought in at the worst time then tough it out through an overall loss until it bounced back a couple years later? I feel like there are some cautionary tales and lessons to be learned from the Great Battle of 2018 in the crypto market.

I was totally deflated and didn’t look at crypto for 3 years.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Ohh what's that shape called it looks like regurgitated spaghetti but it could be rocky mountain toes I suppose.
Well my art skills with Snip tool and scribble aren't the best... Supposed to show the blue line hopping from lower high to lower high. Yellow line shows the lowest of a string leading to a new higher high and resetting the cycle. PENDANTS ARE FOR PUSSIES!