Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus guys I thought this was a "technology" forum lol

Usernames and passwords are the boogeyman to people around here for whatever reason. I've read pages of Plaid fears on here, but haven't come across anything noteworthy as of yet.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Used Plaid to link my bank account to RH years ago and again on Binance recently. Zero issues. That said, I can understand being cautious. I have a savings account that I use exclusively to transfer money into brokerage accounts. I only put what I plan on transferring into the brokerage account in the savings account.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well I did have to turn off 2FA to link my bank account though so yeah. Figured it was better to re-ask a stupid question than regret it later.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I don't think fana even knows what a man in the middle attack is.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Is it like a suicide bomber in the market?
Not exactly...

58UMGhX.gif

As crude as this may be, it is accurate.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Detailed write up about some of the issues with Ethereum from a Bitcoiner's perspective. Articulated much better than I am able to. If you're interested in the heterodox viewpoint on this market:

Ethereum provides a lot of good use cases, but they probably shouldn't execute on the base layer. Eth 2.0 is a gamble to fix this, in addition to layer 2 protocols like xDAI, MATIC, LRC, Optimism, etc. Article doesn't say shitcoin even once, so don't sperg at me nerds

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Detailed write up about some of the issues with Ethereum from a Bitcoiner's perspective. Articulated much better than I am able to. If you're interested in the heterodox viewpoint on this market:

Ethereum provides a lot of good use cases, but they probably shouldn't execute on the base layer. Eth 2.0 is a gamble to fix this, in addition to layer 2 protocols like xDAI, MATIC, LRC, Optimism, etc. Article doesn't say shitcoin even once, so don't sperg at me nerds
i read somewhere that eth is like google marketplace, crazy and wild and eth2 is trying to be apple itunes, regulated and contained

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ethereum provides a lot of good use cases, but they probably shouldn't execute on the base layer.

This is an extremely ridiculous claim that was settled in 2013 when the Ethereum founders went from developing on top of Bitcoin to making their own blockchain. You should actually read the Ethereum whitepaper sometime.

The article is shit, and completely ignores real world applications of NFTs and how they might interact with the DeFi markets to create a digital replica of the exact banking system he was talking about. If you feel there were any good points made in this article, feel free to point them out so I can obliterate them for you.

EDIT: 2013ish, not 2015.

• 1Picard

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This is an extremely ridiculous claim that was settled in 2013 when the Ethereum founders went from developing on top of Bitcoin to making their own blockchain. You should actually read the Ethereum whitepaper sometime.

The article is shit, and completely ignores real world applications of NFTs and how they might interact with the DeFi markets to create a digital replica of the exact banking system he was talking about. If you feel there were any good points made in this article, feel free to point them out so I can obliterate them for you.

EDIT: 2013ish, not 2015.
You didn't read the article. ETH clearly can't scale on L1 due to the sacrifices they made to enable solidity. You don't argue in good faith and its not worth my time trying to convince you. NFT's have potential to be cool and exist on Bitcoin too, that has nothing to do with the article at all.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did read the article, it's full of shit, literally not a single good point made in it. Scaling Ethereum has always been a multi-pronged process, including both L1 options (Proof of Stake, Sharding, ZK-SNARKs, etc), and L2 options (rollups, sidechains, oracles, etc). To think this dumbass is better informed than the single best crypto research team in the whole space is, frankly, retarded boomer shit.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I did read the article, it's full of shit, literally not a single good point made in it. Scaling Ethereum has always been a multi-pronged process, including both L1 options (Proof of Stake, Sharding, ZK-SNARKs, etc), and L2 options (rollups, sidechains, oracles, etc). To think this dumbass is better informed than the single best crypto research team in the whole space is, frankly, retarded boomer shit.
Maybe you're right. Only way to tell is to wait and see but since its literally all still theoretical in a majority of use-cases It sure seems like
1621458438229.png

ETH is a bet on the Ethereum developers. It might work out, it might not. They have a ton of issues to overcome though and denying that is simply deluding yourself.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're retarded if you think Ethereum has not already worked out. Ethereum is not just a bet on the Ethereum core dev team, it's a bet on the entire ecosystem of developers -- of which, Ethereum has over 80% of all crypto developers working on it. You think it's all speculative because you can't see the real, fundamental growth happening on Ethereum right now, and that's why you're going to be left behind wondering the equivalent of huh, where did this YouTube thing come from in 2010 like the rest of the boomers.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe you're right. Only way to tell is to wait and see but since its literally all still theoretical in a majority of use-cases It sure seems like
View attachment 354617

ETH is a bet on the Ethereum developers. It might work out, it might not. They have a ton of issues to overcome though and denying that is simply deluding yourself.

BTC is a bet too, though- it's just a different kind of bet. Personally, I'm not betting against VB.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Also, single biggest drop I've been in.

Don't feel anything.

Dunno if I'm just numb, exhausted, or a true believer.

• 1Truth!