Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I guess I can be glad that I only lost 2.9k so far instead of the 29k I was originally going to lose.

You don't lose anything until you sell. And even then, if a major decline is happening and you buy back in lower, you can erase some or all of your losses from the initial sale. Just lean into the low prices and take the opportunity to add more. I was kicking myself for not grabbing Ethereum in the low 2000's before.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So now its coinbase wallet, metamask, or myetherwallet?

It seems like most people recommend one of the later two but there is something to be said about staying on the coinbase ecosystem due to its size.

Seems like the fees to move my ETH are the same to coinbase wallet and metamask. Is it safe holding TRU on coinbase wallet? Are there other reasons I'd want one of the other wallets over coinbase?

Can you use a ledger hardware wallet or something to uniswap ETH to TRU?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You don't lose anything until you sell. And even then, if a major decline is happening and you buy back in lower, you can erase some or all of your losses from the initial sale. Just lean into the low prices and take the opportunity to add more. I was kicking myself for not grabbing Ethereum in the low 2000's before.
I'll wait for this coordinated FUD cycle to be over before buying back in to anything crypto.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'll wait for this coordinated FUD cycle to be over before buying back in to anything crypto.

I hope it's over now, but I expect a weekend aftershock. And given that it was probably coordinated, we really don't know if this is going to be a regular thing now. This week showed the powers that be how easy it is to trigger a crash. Fake news can get fired off with zero repercussions and torpedo an entire market.

Personally I'd like to spend more time focusing on SPACs, but all of my SPACs have been "crickets chirping" situations for a bit now.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whelp just bought $400 in MATIC at $1.42 and $500 more in ETH.
Buying crypto going into the weekend?

Fun Rip GIF by Barstool Sports

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Taking a step back to look at a few of the various coins and how they've been doing since January, it certainly looks like a lot of coordination is going on.

There is overall a rising action with all coins pretty much, but there has also been what appears to be a pattern of pumping one coin to huge numbers, and then it drops back down as the next one rises. Like someone or some group is taking turns pumping and dumping various coins over the course of 10 days each or so. It's good if you had a basis in a lot of coins back in January and you can see which ones are getting their 'turn', but bad if you're not timing things right.

This pattern is also very likely to attract the attention of regulators, since if there is any coordination going on I'm guessing there are some pretty pissed off major players who aren't in the 'club' of whoever is pushing this and looking to punish those that are getting rich off this.

Then again this could be too much conspiracy and we're just seeing a 'school of fish' phenomena and not coordination.
Still...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Taking a step back to look at a few of the various coins and how they've been doing since January, it certainly looks like a lot of coordination is going on.

There is overall a rising action with all coins pretty much, but there has also been what appears to be a pattern of pumping one coin to huge numbers, and then it drops back down as the next one rises. Like someone or some group is taking turns pumping and dumping various coins over the course of 10 days each or so. It's good if you had a basis in a lot of coins back in January and you can see which ones are getting their 'turn', but bad if you're not timing things right.

This pattern is also very likely to attract the attention of regulators, since if there is any coordination going on I'm guessing there are some pretty pissed off major players who aren't in the 'club' of whoever is pushing this and looking to punish those that are getting rich off this.

Then again this could be too much conspiracy and we're just seeing a 'school of fish' phenomena and not coordination.
Still...
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• 1Worf

Jive Turkey

Karen
Shit I should've sold my Matic an hour ago and bought back in. Too late.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Make sure you're getting TrueBit and not TrueFi. Not sure if that is still an issue thought.
I almost got hosed yesterday. Same ticker abbreviation for some reason. Wasn't until I started looking into market caps and whatnot that I noticed the discrepancy between the Binance price (TruFi) and what I was seeing elsewhere (TrueBit)

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I've added another 10k Truebit to my stack so far. Still don't want to get rid of some of my stacks until they recover tho, hopefully there's still no tasks going through the system by that point!

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gas fees up from a couple hours ago making me hesitant to pull the trigger on Truebit heh. Where can we track gas fees and their fluctuations? What kind of slippage should I put for uniswap?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Still...
Pump and dump discords for shitcoins are nothing new, this has been going on for years. They've been getting better at it though.

What appears to be coordinated is the media coverage of old stories out of China.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I obviously didn't time the bottom. I was telling myself to buy at 3pm. Hah

Anyways, I'm not day trading, I think these two coins are solid bets and will rise again. I'm also prepared to lose this money so whatever.

Don't feel bad, trying to perfectly time the bottom or top is a fools gambit. You want that 60-80% action in the middle of the top/bottom

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!