Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
IN. I had 35 grand left from buying a few other things, so I figured this was a great an investment as any. Especially with Vitalik having specifically mentioned it recently more than once, plus all the random stuff you've posted. It looks like this is one of the last few remaining hidden gems that will break out bigly.

It's just a matter of time before people pick up more on Vitalik and other big figures talking about it, and it skyrockets. Not to mention the fundamental use case for it. And the fact it's dipped down from a $1+ recently makes this a no brainer.

View attachment 355268

TrueBit was .33 last I checked which I think might be an all-time low? At least going by the coinmarketcap.com charts. It's a good time to get some, for the curious.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
TrueBit was .33 last I checked which I think might be an all-time low? At least going by the coinmarketcap.com charts. It's a good time to get some, for the curious.

Yeah it was down to .30 last Wednesday and I picked up another $600. It was all the funds I had available that could be moved out of Coinbase. This damn 10 day waiting period.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm honestly surprised that it's below the OS minting price and constantly expect it to get up to that point, but that doesn't seem to be happening without a substantial number of tasks running through the system which I'm expecting in July.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I missed my chance to convert over to Metamask -> TRU, GAS above 100 again today. I fucked up Sunday having some drinks and lost out on cheap transactions.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Look at this fuckface

1621887124415.png

• 3Worf
  • 1To the Moon!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You think he got in a word about the 65% or whatever of mining of BTC that goes on in China?

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This won't end well. Looks like there is going to be another war in crypto. I keep shouting about regulatory capture coming, this is what it looks like. First there is a council, next you need a license from them to mine.

I can see a world where this derails energy FUD, but I just can't imagine a couple billionaires getting together with the head of American mining pools ends with the best interests of plebs being kept in mind.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's both, really. Being a solver seems like it's the most involved out of the three roles in the Truebit system, which is why I'm angling for that one. I'm hoping that my early involvement in the system pays out similarly to my early involvement in Ethereum, but for the most part that's irrelevant to me. A healthy blockchain ecosystem has an expectation that normal users are helping verify/validate the blockchain, and I consider myself a part of that cadre.

Goldman Sachs on Bitcoin vs Ethereum: "The Amazon Of Information": Goldman Initiates On Crypto, Sees Ethereum Overtaking Bitcoin | ZeroHedge

Graph from that article that's informative and gives some historical perspective:

1621891278141.png

I think the Yellen thing is a typo and should read 2021 but other than that, this was pretty interesting. Buying the rumor and selling the news is wise, going by the history here.

1621891706691.png

Another interesting chart I saw elsewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't have the past year on it. All three of BTC's major spikes in value seem to have followed points in time when the value was halved for miners.

End of 2012 halving, mid 2013-into-2014 spike. Mid-2016 halving, 2017-into-2018 spike. Early-2020 halving, late 2020-into-2021 spike.

Which means, if the next halving is in May 2024, then the next major spike is either end of 2024 or early 2025. If there really is any correlation involved in this pattern.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I missed my chance to convert over to Metamask -> TRU, GAS above 100 again today. I fucked up Sunday having some drinks and lost out on cheap transactions.

1621892232112.png

It's settled down a bit.

Dat 9 AM EST Wednesday price

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This won't end well. Looks like there is going to be another war in crypto. I keep shouting about regulatory capture coming, this is what it looks like. First there is a council, next you need a license from them to mine.

I can see a world where this derails energy FUD, but I just can't imagine a couple billionaires getting together with the head of American mining pools ends with the best interests of plebs being kept in mind.
This is just a cartel. Simple as that. Anyone for this might as well just hand your money to the institutions and burn your house down.

I think this type of stuff will lead people AWAY from BTC.