Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
100 to 1 leverage? There's no way that it wasn't just a scam to take money people invested. Even a minor fluctuation would blow the bank up faster than it could margin call. Let me guess, the "bank" was generously holding the coins in its own care.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
100 to 1 leverage? There's no way that it wasn't just a scam to take money people invested. Even a minor fluctuation would blow the bank up faster than it could margin call. Let me guess, the "bank" was generously holding the coins in its own care.
Most leverage accounts require collateral to be held as I understand it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am sure you have heard of or read my post about QUADRIGA CX

32 year old founder dies on honeymoon (complications due to crones disease they say) in India with all Passcodes in his head for the exchange)

CBC has a very interesting story on it. Apparently the founders had a history of fraud.

Everyone i know in Canada with Crypto used this service. I bailed at the crash of 2018 so lost nothing due to the fraud.

NO question in my mind this due faked his death. Odds are someone has since put in the ground for real

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am sure you have heard of or read my post about QUADRIGA CX

32 year old founder dies on honeymoon (complications due to crones disease they say) in India with all Passcodes in his head for the exchange)

CBC has a very interesting story on it. Apparently the founders had a history of fraud.

Everyone i know in Canada with Crypto used this service. I bailed at the crash of 2018 so lost nothing due to the fraud.

NO question in my mind this due faked his death. Odds are someone has since put in the ground for real
I feel like i have seen this moving before.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Wire transfer from the house sale went through! Let’s boogie!
I have nothing of value to add to this thread, but I do think it's funny that the "to the moon" reaction shows a shuttle launch. Shuttles which only ever made it into orbit, experienced catastrophic failures and crashes on multiple occasions and have since been replaced with more efficient and reliable vehicles.

So yeah, seems totally appropriate.

• 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Wife suggested we shave the dogs back and tattoo my wallets seed phrase on there. I've got a keeper!

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Genius!
Reactions: 5 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I have nothing of value to add to this thread, but I do think it's funny that the "to the moon" reaction shows a shuttle launch. Shuttles which only ever made it into orbit, experienced catastrophic failures and crashes on multiple occasions and have since been replaced with more efficient and reliable vehicles.

So yeah, seems totally appropriate.
Don't overthink it, it's just the coolest gif I could find.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just googled for news about this

The exact scope of the project is unclear, though prominently featured on the page is a link to an Ethereum address, indicating that GameStop's team will use Ethereum as a technology base.

The smart contract code declares "Game On Anon" and links to GameStop's NFT page and indicates that potential GameStop-released NFTs will utilize Ethereum's ERC721 standard. The code also points to a dedicated token, GME.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is definitely just the beginning. Expect a lot more of this stuff- most of it built on ETH.

Like I said in April, however much ETH you have now, you'll wish you had more very soon.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just got one of the checks I was waiting for. After June bills I'll have a pretty solid amount left. Thinking TrueBit, but I'm also really keen on shoring up (down) my average on Eth or MATIC. Decisions, decisions.

::gif of a generalissimo with a gun pacing up and down a row of kneeling sacrifices here::

MATIC is too high now IMO. Sunday would have been great for that. I think I'll go Eth for my next round, but I really want a bit more Truebit. ....and as I type this it looks like Eth spiked in the last couple hours. Sigh.

Question, can I set up a separate Ethereum staking account? Like if I go to Coinbase can I put $1000 in an interest-bearing staked Ethereum holding that's separate from the rest of my Ethereum on there? Like a college savings fund for a kid sort of thing that I just want put aside and never look at or fool with, that's easy to keep track of since it's separate from the rest.

Would I need to basically just start a second Coinbase account?

As for staking, is joining the ETH2 wait list the way to go on that?

I dunno, I use Binance, haven't touched Coinbase in ages but I keep some Ethereum on there to pay for Uniswap gas fees etc.