Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
You’re being paranoid. Suggesting that Elon is suddenly coming out of nowhere being “The crypto guy” shows as much.

Elon’s always been the crypto guy.

I think he criticized it so he’d have the credibility to keep white knighting it. “Elon’s not a Bitcoin maximalist bc he criticized it!”
That isn't what I said at all. but if he's always been a crypto guy why the about face on the environment? That would be confirming he willy nilly spent $1.5b in TSLA money on shit he doesn't understand. which you are literally saying is not the case. that would make no sense. i guess you are saying he cares more about crypto than TSLA?

i got a bridge to sell you.

and Rajaah Rajaah people are just giving mist shit

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People are lacking comprehension here. As I understand it she invested $100k, it blew up to $125k, she wanted to paperhands it and didn't and regrets missing out on that $25k (believe me, I get it, I could have made something like +$7k myself if I'd paperhandsed). Then as it dropped, she took $90k out just above her buy-in level (so just over $100k). So far so good. Not sure how anyone is getting "lost $90k" from that. She left $10k in, and lost %30 of that before folding and getting out.
Well at least the guy who drinks mercury to lower his IQ was able to understand it.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Greyscale ETH at 25, watched it go to 29 then to 23. Yesterday sold it all at 26. This crypto shit makes me nervous BUT will be watching for another "real" dip buy in...... or maybe not. ALL this crypto shit feels fake as hell to me, especially the random shitcoins, that is playing with pure fire. A lot hoping to toast some marshmellows on it before the reaper throws everyone straight into the bonfire and runs away with the groups wallets.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Yes, that's right. We'll have to come up with a name for the capital.
Well if it's an island we're buying, hopefully in the Caribbean, then we should name it "Fuegos del Cielo".

We could fly the wealthy and powerful from around the world to the island where they would be lead down into a secret underground bunker to witness a theatrical re-imagining of the "world burst dps record" achievement being unlocked for the first time.

Suddenly now I believe FoH needs to produce a musical...

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That isn't what I said at all. but if he's always been a crypto guy why the about face on the environment? That would be confirming he willy nilly spent $1.5b in TSLA money on shit he doesn't understand. which you are literally saying is not the case. that would make no sense. i guess you are saying he cares more about crypto than TSLA?

i got a bridge to sell you.

and Rajaah Rajaah people are just giving mist shit

I already posted my thoughts on why.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Greyscale ETH at 25, watched it go to 29 then to 23. Yesterday sold it all at 26. This crypto shit makes me nervous BUT will be watching for another "real" dip buy in...... or maybe not. ALL this crypto shit feels fake as hell to me, especially the random shitcoins, that is playing with pure fire. A lot hoping to toast some marshmellows on it before the reaper throws everyone straight into the bonfire and runs away with the groups wallets.

pretty sure we're still in the middle of a real dip

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a Truebit Verifier running on the Ethereum mainnet right now -- having some problems registering an IPFS node, but otherwise it's functional. The process is pretty straight forward, though you may need to start over a few times to wrap your head around it. To get started right now, you just need a GitHub account and fill out the form at the bottom of Truebit

You should get an invite for the Truebit OS GitHub repo, which has a huge walkthrough on how to set everything up. There's a couple of things they don't mention that are super helpful, imo. For the Goerli stuff, create two new accounts so that you can run a Solver and a Verifier, you'll need about .6 eth in the Solver account and .2ish eth in the Verifier account. With both a Solver and a Verifier running, you'll be able to run a Task and watch the system work like you see in the previous screenshots. When you super fuckup and want to start over, running "docker stop /truebit" is a huge boon, and it's not mentioned anywhere. Other than that, just follow the walkthrough.

I'm not sure ultimately what the best rig setup is for this. For now, running it as a container on my Windows machine seems fine, but there are options to set about how many simultaneous tasks you want to solve/verify so I'm sure there's more to explore on those terms. Going to work on registering the ipfs node (should help task routing to my machine) and set up funds for the solver. If I see any tasks run through, I'm sure I'll post a screenshot like a total nerd.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I have a Truebit Verifier running on the Ethereum mainnet right now -- having some problems registering an IPFS node, but otherwise it's functional. The process is pretty straight forward, though you may need to start over a few times to wrap your head around it. To get started right now, you just need a GitHub account and fill out the form at the bottom of Truebit

You should get an invite for the Truebit OS GitHub repo, which has a huge walkthrough on how to set everything up. There's a couple of things they don't mention that are super helpful, imo. For the Goerli stuff, create two new accounts so that you can run a Solver and a Verifier, you'll need about .6 eth in the Solver account and .2ish eth in the Verifier account. With both a Solver and a Verifier running, you'll be able to run a Task and watch the system work like you see in the previous screenshots. When you super fuckup and want to start over, running "docker stop /truebit" is a huge boon, and it's not mentioned anywhere. Other than that, just follow the walkthrough.

I'm not sure ultimately what the best rig setup is for this. For now, running it as a container on my Windows machine seems fine, but there are options to set about how many simultaneous tasks you want to solve/verify so I'm sure there's more to explore on those terms. Going to work on registering the ipfs node (should help task routing to my machine) and set up funds for the solver. If I see any tasks run through, I'm sure I'll post a screenshot like a total nerd.
This is awesome! I’m totally going to look into it and sign up. Not sure how soon I’ll actually do it, but very interested.

I take it in the future when there’s a lot of tasks going around and usage is in full swing, you want to get some kind of dedicated enterprise computer setup, multi processors, shit like that? Is this kinda stuff either CPU or GPU dependent? Obviously you said you don’t know what the best type of rig is yet.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I believe it's CPU dependent because that would just make sense to me, but I'm by no means certain about it. Still a lot to dig through in this GitHub repo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

So does this essentially work as a mining rig does with the associated huge power draws and necessary ~100% uptime?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the power draws, I doubt it impacts much running as a container inside your Windows machine, but I'll keep an eye on the power bill I guess. I don't think 100% uptime is necessary, like if the power goes out you aren't going to be penalized for it, but I'm not sure why you'd shoot for anything less.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
On the power draws, I doubt it impacts much running as a container inside your Windows machine, but I'll keep an eye on the power bill I guess. I don't think 100% uptime is necessary, like if the power goes out you aren't going to be penalized for it, but I'm not sure why you'd shoot for anything less.
Quick and dirty check might be to check your CPU/GPU usage over a short period and also maybe CPU/case temps vs normal?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything looks normal on those fronts, but there's no tasks running yet so *shrug*.

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I believe it's CPU dependent because that would just make sense to me, but I'm by no means certain about it. Still a lot to dig through in this GitHub repo.
Wait until I fire up my i5-3570k, i'll become a literal money printer

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did that the last time it hit $32k and $37k lmao.
hip hop squares intuition GIF by VH1