Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This is definitely just the beginning. Expect a lot more of this stuff- most of it built on ETH.

Like I said in April, however much ETH you have now, you'll wish you had more very soon.

Increased my cost basis of $1800 to $2200 buying more.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Mark Cuban tweeted about Polygon.

I'm not sure this is a good thing, to be honest. He's a little too 'sell-out'/establishment. I wouldn't look for an Elon bump from this.

EDIT: and a meme cause I'm bored

IMG_3348.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

I'm not sure this is a good thing, to be honest. He's a little too 'sell-out'/establishment. I wouldn't look for an Elon bump from this.
He seems pretty engaged in the stuff past the "surface" level of crypto, he's in to the L2 stuff. who knows if it's good per se in any timeframe. I would take him over any of the semi-anonymous hedge fund guys.

but I do think the market needs to grow up a bit and stop reacting to literally every piece of news, I understand that is the nature of a younger market but it's kind of annoying and detracts from the legitimacy somewhat. Stocks aren't much different these days though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
He seems pretty engaged in the stuff past the "surface" level of crypto, he's in to the L2 stuff. who knows if it's good per se in any timeframe. I would take him over any of the semi-anonymous hedge fund guys.

but I do think the market needs to grow up a bit and stop reacting to literally every piece of news, I understand that is the nature of a younger market but it's kind of annoying and detracts from the legitimacy somewhat. Stocks aren't much different these days though.
I just see him more as a market figurehead/influencer than a crypto guy. Not saying he doesn't know anything. I don't know. Just wary of too much attention too soon in the development process when they can 'insert safety measures'. Is already chatter and I don't think him saying he's getting more involved helps.

The reactions now are because noone trusts anyone anymore lol. First thing everyone asks is, 'Is this manipulation?'. Battered wives.

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly don't think Cuban is going to hurt Polygon. I get what you guys are saying about the issue of celebrity endorsements, but the issues with celeb endorsements are more about when they shill bullshit coins than anything else.

A quality product like polygon is going to keep trucking with or without Cuban. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I read something about poly wanting more Western exposure anyway (the devs are Indian). I think that's one of the reasons they changed the name to polygon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Honestly don't think Cuban is going to hurt Polygon. I get what you guys are saying about the issue of celebrity endorsements, but the issues with celeb endorsements are more about when they shill bullshit coins than anything else.

A quality product like polygon is going to keep trucking with or without Cuban. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I read something about poly wanting more Western exposure anyway (the devs are Indian). I think that's one of the reasons they changed the name to polygon.

If he starts talking about BLM coins and equitable crypto, I'm out.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Currently got $20k in mostly BTC and ETH. A couple thousand TRU and over 600 MATIC.

Cost basis of BTC is $45k. Cost basis of ETH is $2.2k.

My cost basis with BTC "should be" like $20k, but I sold once at $32k and again at $50k. I also bought more at the ATH.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Am i being stupid holding out on buying more Eth? How rocky do you think the next few days will be? Or am i completely misreading and it's about to jump up again.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Am i being stupid holding out on buying more Eth? How rocky do you think the next few days will be? Or am i completely misreading and it's about to jump up again.

Volatility is both the reason to invest in crypto and the reason to stay away from crypto.

Read the charts and make the best decision you can. It seems we're back up to testing the 50 SMA:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 8.35.36 AM.png

The question you have to ask yourself is, "Will the 50 SMA test pass or fail?". We're also beyond the 100 SMA scramble where a lot of people bought back in, but that doesn't mean it won't retest or something maybe.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was buying a 50/50 split of ETH and BTC during the correction and it seems that while ETH is still influenced by BTC it's no longer completely tethered to it. It didn't see the losses BTC saw and ETH charting is no longer indicative of BTC charting. You can see that ETH is doing much better than BTC, testing the 50 SMA, while BTC is testing the 200 SMA.

Caliane

This is definitely just the beginning. Expect a lot more of this stuff- most of it built on ETH.

Like I said in April, however much ETH you have now, you'll wish you had more very soon.

Yep. whats going to happen if Epic and/or Steam announce the use of Eth NFT's to allow video game resales, with baked in % being paid back to the devs?

hell, one of the other here, should be REALLY looking into it right now. Epic game store getting on this and Steam not, could result in a titanic shift in gaming.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Just got one of the checks I was waiting for. After June bills I'll have a pretty solid amount left. Thinking TrueBit, but I'm also really keen on shoring up (down) my average on Eth or MATIC. Decisions, decisions.

::gif of a generalissimo with a gun pacing up and down a row of kneeling sacrifices here::

MATIC is too high now IMO. Sunday would have been great for that. I think I'll go Eth for my next round, but I really want a bit more Truebit. ....and as I type this it looks like Eth spiked in the last couple hours. Sigh.

Question, can I set up a separate Ethereum staking account? Like if I go to Coinbase can I put $1000 in an interest-bearing staked Ethereum holding that's separate from the rest of my Ethereum on there? Like a college savings fund for a kid sort of thing that I just want put aside and never look at or fool with, that's easy to keep track of since it's separate from the rest.

Would I need to basically just start a second Coinbase account?

As for staking, is joining the ETH2 wait list the way to go on that?

I dunno, I use Binance, haven't touched Coinbase in ages but I keep some Ethereum on there to pay for Uniswap gas fees etc.
staked Eth on Coinbase, or Kraken is converted to a staked coin. its no longer "Eth". thats why coinbase has that eth2 ticker. Kraken has s.Eth, and Eth 2. s.Eth being staked Eth, and Eth2 being staked Eth rewards. both of which are untouchable.

no. you don't need to stake all of your Eth. don't need a separate account or anything. its already going to be separated from your non-staked Eth.

• 1Like