Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not just doge, this is an alt-coin slaughter outside of BTC. Even ETH is dipping to 1.9k It obviously has a bit more staying power than true alts, but alts are being raped.

BTC and ETH aren't going anywhere and holding them long will eventually get you back in the green, even if we are descending into a crypto bear winter.

You can get killed on alt coins during a crypto winter though. Dozens and dozens of popular alts during the last crypto bull run disappeared as soon as the run ended. I mean disappeared completely, as in proof, they don't exist anymore.

I have significant alt bags while I'm saying this, for the record, so I hope we aren't going into a crypto winter. And if we are, I hope the coins I have make it out on the other side. I feel like alts with use cases are much more likely to survive a downturn than hype coins like the "animal" coins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
BTC and ETH aren't going anywhere and holding them long will eventually get you back in the green, even if we are descending into a crypto bear winter.

You can get killed on alt coins during a crypto winter though. Dozens and dozens of popular alts during the last crypto bull run disappeared as soon as the run ended. I mean disappeared completely, as in proof, they don't exist anymore.

I have significant alt bags while I'm saying this, for the record, so I hope we aren't going into a crypto winter. And if we are, I hope the coins I have make it out on the other side. I feel like alts with use cases are much more likely to survive a downturn than hype coins like the "animal" coins.

I think there are some alts that will survive... But it's the alts with more real use cases and such. RandoMcShitCoinNamedAfterSomeAnimal??? Not so much....

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think there are some alts that will survive... But it's the alts with more real use cases and such. RandoMcShitCoinNamedAfterSomeAnimal??? Not so much....
So your saying CumRocket will be the last coin standing?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

One of the two alts I have has an extremely strong use case and I'm not really worried about it surviving. The other I have theoretically has a very strong use case, but I'm a little less confident about it surviving a crypto winter.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
For solidarity, I predict that on the 22nd BTC will signal a breakout of the current sidways movement. Breaking out up or down TBD.

On the night of the 21st, this is where we stand w my technical prediction. Looks like I was two days late:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.10.10 PM.png

Looks like we're going down! Hopefully the manipulation will start and I'll be wrong. However, I did just add to my pot for less than I sold for in January, lulz.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
this was advertised as the summer of DeFi but it is the final summer of crypto.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DeFi summer was last year, this is L2 summer which probably leads right into DeFi autumn/winter -- zkSync isn't even going live until August. Rollups are going to revolutionize DeFi, but it'll take some development. My personal bet is that this dip is over and we go sideways/up-ish for another month or so.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Caliane

sure would have been nice to have taken gains, and re-in nowish..
outlook doesn't look great for the time being.

I also don't think we'll be waiting another 3-4 years like 2017-2021 to see confidence rebuild. I think the messaging is out, and by the end of the year, we'll have seen growth again.

I'm still up overall. Eth. btc is down. But, my Eth is also all locked into staking now.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This guy is doing a livestream (He's in the UK) and go back about an hour to watch him document BTC going under $30k in real time. heh

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ethereum sitting right at the 200-DMA. This is probably providing some sort of support for BTC as well.

With the buying on BTC sub-30k it is probably shorts closing out their positions and taking profits. Be curious to see what happens when the shorts are covered.

Last edited: