Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Right.

The issue is, we all know bootlegging media (ntf images) is never going to be corraled.

So these 300k "digital avatars" can be copied and varied infinitely, and there is no real control that can be put on them

A game, or social media company would have to gate keep access and only allow NFTs from X or Y series / production.

James has been huffing gas for to long

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, you just have no idea what you're talking about. You cannot bootleg an NFT, it's literally impossible. You can forge an NFT and scam it to idiots who can't do simple on-chain verification, but you cannot bootleg it.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
No, you just have no idea what you're talking about. You cannot bootleg an NFT, it's literally impossible. You can forge an NFT and scam it to idiots who can't do simple on-chain verification, but you cannot bootleg it.

What’s to stop you from copy/pasta the image and uploading it to the blockchain as a different but identical NFT?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What’s to stop you from copy/pasta the image and uploading it to the blockchain as a different but identical NFT?

He is too high to understand this question.

I'm guessing it's "You don't understand NFTs, Blockchain!, Literally impossible to copy images on the internet!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Because it's not an identical NFT, it's just a different NFT. Why does everyone want to go see the Eiffel tower in France, but no one gives a shit about the one in Mason, Ohio?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Because it's not an identical NFT, it's just a different NFT. Why does everyone want to go see the Eiffel tower in France, but no one gives a shit about the one in Mason, Ohio?

But what if there were 10 diff versions sitting on top of each other and you had to know which one was the OG? The 9 others cost a little less to climb to the top, but there was nothing overtly saying, “This Eiffel Tower is the real one.”

That’s how I view NFT’s and the challenge w authenticating jpegs that can just be copy/pasta’d and uploaded to the same or different blockchain.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
He thinks authentic smoking bunny VR avatars will be worth more than smoking bunny 1.0 avatar.

And it might.

But most won't.

Beyond which one is authentic, if there is no difference between them, and one is 300k, and the bullion clones are a nickel... And they have exactly the same uses, exactly the same image...

Lulz

James James between this and your "cartoon rocks are land", you are really putting effort into sounding dumb

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
but there was nothing overtly saying, “This Eiffel Tower is the real one.”

The NFT is minted from an address on the blockchain, any NFT not minted from that address is not a part of the collection. The same image can be on the same blockchain in multiple different collections, but there is only one minted from the legitimate address. Imitation NFTs cannot replicate the minting address.

James James between this and your "cartoon rocks are land", you are really putting effort into sounding dumb

The only dumb guy here is the one who thinks he can right click and save my NFT to his hard drive.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Dude, you are so invested in this shit you can't even understand the question.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
He thinks authentic smoking bunny VR avatars will be worth more than smoking bunny 1.0 avatar.

And it might.

But most won't.

Beyond which one is authentic, if there is no difference between them, and one is 300k, and the bullion clones are a nickel... And they have exactly the same uses, exactly the same image...

Lulz

Well, these are the wrong use cases imo. A good use case would prevent companies like Topps from printing 1,000,000 Ken Griffey Jr. rookie cards.

If a source is minting their cards on the blockchain as NFT’s it becomes a lot easier to verify rarity.

The problem and poor use case occurs when anyone can mint anything and essentially copy other NFT’s and no one cares about the OG address. They just sell their fake.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Right.

James can't understand what we are saying.

There are some great use cases, but a lot of what is currently out there doesn't fit that.

When it's notable and collectible, it's obvious.

When it's a functional thing, game avatar for example, the only way I'm aware of to prevent imitations is to gate keep which NFTs are allowed to be used. From specific runs etc.

If that's the case, most products will likely limit usage to NFTs they produce.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude, you are so invested in this shit you can't even understand the question.

The problem is that you are ignorant about what an NFT is, and are absolutely refusing to entertain any other thought than the fabricated bullshit you've come up with.

The problem and poor use case occurs when anyone can mint anything and essentially copy other NFT’s and no one cares about the OG address. They just sell their fake.

Everyone cares about the OG address, the whole point is the OG address. This is like saying that if you painted a perfect replica of the Mona Lisa, the original one has no value.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If I want to be the Mona Lisa in EverQuest, and I can do that for 1 billion dollars, or a quarter...

I'm not going to give a fuck I didn't get it at the louvre

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a stupid fucking example, dude. If you want to be someone else's character, you are going to fucking buy it or not be it, otherwise you're going to create your own and build it from scratch. Do you think you'll be Furor Planedefiler if you change a fucking letter in the character's name or something?

• 1Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That's a combination of examples you gave dude...

VR avatars bunnies
Value like the Mona Lisa!

It's the exact example we were talking about when you started your fuck wit routine.

There are some really shit use cases that are selling for piles of money.

But you have been jerking it to this shit for so long that when someone says "that's prolly not ideal" you go turbo stupid about it

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are once again proving you are so ignorant about NFTs that you can't even formulate a proper example.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The problem is that you are ignorant about what an NFT is, and are absolutely refusing to entertain any other thought than the fabricated bullshit you've come up with.

Everyone cares about the OG address, the whole point is the OG address. This is like saying that if you painted a perfect replica of the Mona Lisa, the original one has no value.

Are you familiar with the history and controversy surrounding the Mona Lisa? And the art world in general? NFTs cant solve that problem unless the underlying asset is digital to begin with AND the NFT is created at the point of origin.

That is what they are saying.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What have I said that is factually incorrect?

Everything we were talking about, you have at some point concurred with.

Like I said, you are emotionally invested in this. I couldn't care less.

So get the driftwood out of your pussy.

problem and poor use case occurs when anyone can mint anything and essentially copy other NFT’s and no one cares about the OG address. They just sell their fake.

cares about the OG address, the whole point is the OG address. This is like saying that if you painted a perfect replica of the Mona Lisa, the original one has no value.

Let's say I don't give a fuck about the og address. I just want to utilize the image online.

The place I want to utilize it does not gate keep usage based on production run / series.

There is literally no incentive in that situation for me to pay for the OG address you fucking idiot.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you familiar with the history and controversy surrounding the Mona Lisa? And the art world in general? NFTs cant solve that problem unless the underlying asset is digital to begin with AND the NFT is created at the point of origin.

That is what they are saying.

NFTs aren't trying to solve that problem, they are their own asset class. Here's a great example that might help you guys understand a little better: https://opensea.io/collection/thecurrency

This one is exactly what you're talking about, you can either keep the NFT or the physical artwork, but not both. The NFTs will maintain their value or even exceed the value of the physical artwork, imo, but we'll just have to see.

Short blurb:

Starting with the creation of the physical artworks in 2016, The Currency explores the boundaries of art and currency—when art changes and becomes a currency, and when currency becomes art. Successful applicants will all initially receive NFTs. Ultimately, you have to decide between the digital NFT or the physical artwork, both of which are artworks in their own right. Whichever you pick, the other gets burned.

What have I said that is factually incorrect?

When you "buy the Mona Lisa" of EverQuest, you are referring to a character (a non-fungible store of value like land). The character is unique, you cannot bootleg it. If you buy the character Foror Planedefler you are not Furor Planedefiler, even if it's a Human Warrior.

The place I want to utilize it does not gate keep usage based on production run / series.

Then no one gives a fuck because it's not on chain.